“Crabs sold by weight”

Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Middle River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For a comfortable, casual ambiance, delicious food, and live entertainment, head to Long Beach Restaurant & Tavern! This popular, family-run restaurant serves up a variety of savory sandwiches, steak and seafood entrees, pasta, and excellent steamed mussels!
Reviewed June 25, 2011

You never have to worry about paying for light crabs. This place charges by weight. The Cream of Crab soup is great and the bread is crusty. Have never gotten a bad meal here.

1  Thank Tapdancer618

Reviewed March 29, 2011

My wife and I have been eating at Long Beach since the new owners took over. We've probably been there 20 or 30 times... and the two things I can say about it are; 1. the food is consistently excellent and 2. the service consistently inconsistent.

We've never had bad food - which is why we keep going back. The kitchen is one of the most consistent in the area at providing great tasting food. There are certainly problems as others have noted - such as timing of delivery being too close together between appetizers and entres... but I say who cares if the food as is good as it is!

Our biggest problem is with the inconsistency of the waitresses. There are some really good ones there... and a couple really bad ones. On this last visit we got the latter - and waited and waited and waited each step of the way... noting that three other tables seated after us all got their food before we did. Our waitress was slow... slow getting our orders, slow bringing our food and slow -well, I'll say non-existent with drink refills... as we ate most of our dinner with nothing to drink.

The good news is that this doesn't happen often. The good waitresses are really good... and the bad ones really bad. So if you happen to get a bad waitress - but the food is excellent, go back and see them. We'll continue to go - because there are few places in Eastern Baltimore County with food this good... maybe none.

1  Thank toodive4
Reviewed January 25, 2011

My husband and I have been going to the Utter Bar at Long Beach for the past 3 years, who every you meet they are so friendly and the service is the best along with their food. We go at least 2 times a week or more and we have met so many friends and got to know all that work there. Our number one place to go, WAY TO GO UTTER BAR AT LONG BEACH. Sorry I didn't write this a long time ago.
lbeas. of Middle River

1  Thank lbeas
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Service, food, atmosphere, attentive service, friendly manager...and the price was very reasonable! We had our company Holiday Party in the entire downstairs dining room, buffett style....3 entree's, salad, cheese/veggie tray and dessert, soft drinks. Could not ask for a better experience! Best party in years....we will return over and over. (check out the beautiful rest rooms while you visit. Really, they are amazing and add that extra touch of class to a company planned event!) Thank you Long Beach, you treated our special employees to an AWESOME evening....

Golden Ring Travel & Transportation Inc./ Baltimore MD

1  Thank GoldenRingBus
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I go to Long Beach quite often . I find the food to be generally very good but i have on occasion, gotten food which didnt quite measure up. The help is generally very friendly and they try to keep service timely and courteous. As in all restaurants there are times when the crowd is unexpectedly large and the service suffers. This is one of the areas where it is very difficult for restaurant management to address the problem but they definitely try. I feel the prices are somewhat high for the type of establishment and its location. I will definitely continue to patronize the establishment. I should note that drinks are usually very good and are good size.