Quality Inn Deep Creek Lake
The Lodges at Sunset Village(McHenry)(Great Value!)
$200
$192
$289
Official Site
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot breakfastkey accesshard boiled eggscoffee makerpicsroomy
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Using my rewards points, I reserved a King room with Jacuzzi. It was a nice, big room. The room was clean and appealing. The lobby is very attractive. They have the typical Comfort Inn breakfast which is nice, though not great. The pool was small, but nice and felt great after hiking at some of the local attractions. We enjoyed our short stay and wished we had time to stick around a little longer. Overall very nice. I would definitely go back.

2  Thank St_Nick61
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This place was just dirty. Floors in breakfast area were dirty and unswept. Carpets were dirty stained. Lock on our door didn't work. After first night. There were clean folded sheets on the floor outside our door. When we came back,I Bed was made ,sheets gone. Hope those sheets weren't on the bed. Generally the place was just dirty windows, hallways, lobby. Can't believe. It's even a one star and we paid over 100.00 per night. Ugh!!!

3  Thank Lscott33804
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn at Deep Creek Lake in the past and I was once again pleased with my visit & will stay there again in the future. The rooms are spacious and the staff is very friendly. True, there is not an elevator but at check in I was advised where the best location to park for my room was and it offered very easy access. The pool area is great and each time I have stayed at the hotel I have noticed additional improvements/renovations that have taken place. The Comfort Inn offers free breakfast like most of the Choice hotels but the breakfast options are pretty extensive & satisfied the picky eaters that visited with us. We were visiting Deep Creek for the 4th of July and you can view the fireworks that are set off at Wisp in the Comfort Inn parking lot. This offered a great view of the fireworks without having to sit in traffic to get back to our hotel. The hotel is pretty centrally located right off of 219. Deep Creek Lake is just a short drive up the street along with Wisp & there are plenty of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leanna M
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We (my wife and I) stayed at this property for a couple of nights in early July. After reading many of the reviews and being very well experienced with the Choice Hotels brands (Comfort Inn, Econo Lodge, etc...) we pretty much knew what to expect. Yes, the hotel does not have an elevator in it, which makes hauling your luggage a bit of a challenge. But for $80 a night for the fourth of July holiday, we gladly dealt with this. The front desk office staff were very helpful with any needs we had. The hotel is also in a prime location to watch the fireworks (we saw them while standing right in the hotel parking lot) as well as very close to all the shops, restaurants and entertainment the area has to offer! Definitley would stay here again if we return to Deep Creek Lake.

Room Tip: If you're a couple looking for a really nice room, try to get the non-smoking king size room on the 4th floor #412 if you can. IT'S HUGE!!! And you don't hear any of your neighbors because of where the room is.
1  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My family and I spent one night at the Comfort Inn Deep Creek Lake. We were in town for me to ride in the Garrett County Gran Fondo, a big cycling event at Wisp Resort, and for the rest of the gang to have fun at nearby Swallow Falls State Park. We booked here because other options were sold out that night, and we were nervous based on the less than stellar reviews. But the hotel was better than expected. Not fancy by any means, but not remotely unsavory. Our room was quite spacious. Basic furnishings, but perfectly fine for a place to sleep. The beds were firm and quite comfortable. It's true that there's no elevator, but since the hotel sits on a slope, one can park in a place that leaves very few steps to get to your floor. Free wifi was always on, but slow in the evenings (this happens everywhere). The bathroom was clean and perfectly functional. The A/C unit was certainly powerful enough, and easy to control, albeit a little noisy (not a lot, mind you). Staff were friendly, and I was impressed that they chose to put out breakfast starting at 5:30am on the day of our stay, because so many of the guests would be leaving early for the cycling event. The breakfast isn't fancy, but functional. I wouldn't put this place at the top of my list as a place to vacation, but nor would it turn my nose up at it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family