“Roomy hotel at a good price”

Quality Inn Deep Creek Lake
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in McHenry
“Roomy hotel at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn at Deep Creek Lake in the past and I was once again pleased with my visit & will stay there again in the future. The rooms are spacious and the staff is very friendly. True, there is not an elevator but at check in I was advised where the best location to park for my room was and it offered very easy access. The pool area is great and each time I have stayed at the hotel I have noticed additional improvements/renovations that have taken place. The Comfort Inn offers free breakfast like most of the Choice hotels but the breakfast options are pretty extensive & satisfied the picky eaters that visited with us. We were visiting Deep Creek for the 4th of July and you can view the fireworks that are set off at Wisp in the Comfort Inn parking lot. This offered a great view of the fireworks without having to sit in traffic to get back to our hotel. The hotel is pretty centrally located right off of 219. Deep Creek Lake is just a short drive up the street along with Wisp & there are plenty of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Leanna M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We (my wife and I) stayed at this property for a couple of nights in early July. After reading many of the reviews and being very well experienced with the Choice Hotels brands (Comfort Inn, Econo Lodge, etc...) we pretty much knew what to expect. Yes, the hotel does not have an elevator in it, which makes hauling your luggage a bit of a challenge. But for $80 a night for the fourth of July holiday, we gladly dealt with this. The front desk office staff were very helpful with any needs we had. The hotel is also in a prime location to watch the fireworks (we saw them while standing right in the hotel parking lot) as well as very close to all the shops, restaurants and entertainment the area has to offer! Definitley would stay here again if we return to Deep Creek Lake.

Room Tip: If you're a couple looking for a really nice room, try to get the non-smoking king size room on...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew H
Maryland, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

My family and I spent one night at the Comfort Inn Deep Creek Lake. We were in town for me to ride in the Garrett County Gran Fondo, a big cycling event at Wisp Resort, and for the rest of the gang to have fun at nearby Swallow Falls State Park. We booked here because other options were sold out that night, and we were nervous based on the less than stellar reviews. But the hotel was better than expected. Not fancy by any means, but not remotely unsavory. Our room was quite spacious. Basic furnishings, but perfectly fine for a place to sleep. The beds were firm and quite comfortable. It's true that there's no elevator, but since the hotel sits on a slope, one can park in a place that leaves very few steps to get to your floor. Free wifi was always on, but slow in the evenings (this happens everywhere). The bathroom was clean and perfectly functional. The A/C unit was certainly powerful enough, and easy to control, albeit a little noisy (not a lot, mind you). Staff were friendly, and I was impressed that they chose to put out breakfast starting at 5:30am on the day of our stay, because so many of the guests would be leaving early for the cycling event. The breakfast isn't fancy, but functional. I wouldn't put this place at the top of my list as a place to vacation, but nor would it turn my nose up at it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CPtraveller
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed here in June 2012. My room was clean and comfortable. The service was friendly. But: first, be aware that this place has no elevators. And second, at about 10:30 PM water started pouring down through a light fixture in the ceiling. I'd guess someone was taking a shower above our room. We called the front desk and they offered to change our room, but who wants to do that late at night? Fortunately the water stopped after 15 minutes or so.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 311 until they fix the leak!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve W
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed here on business for 4 nights in June 2012. Don't plan to return, though there is limited hotels in the area. If you are staying long and have luggage, there is no elevator so you are lugging your stuff up and down stairs, so you may want to get a first floor room. Carpeting is filthy/ stained, furniture is old and worn. Room was fairly clean, or at least as clean as it can get. Breakfast was not good, same thing every day, powdered eggs and sausage. Did have some fresh fruit (oranges and bananas) and some yogurt, so not terrible. Wireless service is OK, but you have to continually log back in if you are away for a few minutes, which is annoying. Price is reasonable, but not somewhere I'd take anyone. OK for one person who doesn't plan to be in the room much. No fridge/ microwave. I won't stay here again, even by myself. There are better options elsewhere.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room if you have a lot of luggage - no elevator. Not along a busy street so no iss...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank gliddle1
Dumfries, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at this property Saturday night (05-19-2012) for one night. The hotel is in desperate need of maintenance. From visible mold on the walls and ceiling of the bathroom, to stained lamp shades, broken sidewalks, exposed electrical wires, damaged room lamps, moldy, and dirty windows,torn desk chairs,etc. The place looks like an absolute dump. I paid 102/night for this property, and in my opinion its not worth more than about 40 a night in its present condition.

Room Tip: I dont know what the other rooms were like but this one was horrible!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Brian B

Travelers are raving about these McHenry hotels

Arlington, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Very rude Front Desk Agents! I was checked in by an older lady in the afternoon who was professional, but unfriendly. No smile--I had to introduce myself and say "Good Afternoon, I'm checking in!" Then she told me to "Hold on, I'll be right with you..." The Lobby was empty and the phone wasn't ringing; there was one other car in the parking lot. She finally gave me the worst room, RM 101, not knowing that I was once a Front Desk Manager and the 101s, 201s etc.. are always the undesirables.
Upon checkout (they want you out early: 11am!) I called to ask for a later one. The surly agent on the phone said, "The latest I can give you is 11:30...um 12:00 at the very latest."
When I checked out I was once again faced with dead silence. But this time the young lady looked angry and was not happy to see me. I said, "I'm checking out of Rm 101." I tried to make conversation by asking her if they were full that night (because if they are as slow as the day before, there is no reason why I couldn't get a later checkout). I've NEVER heard of an 11am checkout time in any hotel! I came here to look at the Vacation Houses for a family vacation next month. I'm so glad that I will be in the Village Condo behind this crappy hotel when I come back to Deep Creek Lake. This hotel should be bought quickly by Hilton or Marriott to fix the problem.

Room Tip: Rent a Vacation House from Long and Foster! It's worth spending a little more than dealing with...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Allan T
Also consider these accommodations in or near McHenry
The Lodges at Sunset Village
#1 of 3 in Oakland
Yough Valley Motel
Yough Valley Motel
#1 of 1 in Friendsville

Been to Quality Inn Deep Creek Lake? Share your experiences!