“Great Service and Delicious Food / They Also Donate to Local Charitable Causes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Santa Fe Grille - CLOSED

Santa Fe Grille
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kirtland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The interior of this restaurant is beautiful! It has several rooms as well as a large bar. It has outside dining when the weather is good.

We went on a Monday night which has a 25% discount for seniors. We had crab cakes and ribs. Both meals were delicious! Our waitress was wonderful as well.

This restaurant gives back a lot to the community. At the present time they are involved with Relay For Life. They have certain events that give percentages of their sales to different charities. This speaks volumes about some of their priorities! Maybe they will inspire other establishments to do the same.

If you go, make sure you walk around to admire all the decor. Enjoy your meal at this wondrful place!

• Visited April 2013

Pennsylvania
“Good Food, though a pit pricy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a Monday night when they give 25% discount on food to people over 50...that would be us. It was between seasons and thus they were not real busy. Service was very good and the food was prepared well and served up in a reasonable amount of time. My wife had a filet and I a flat iron steak. Both done to order and very good. We shared a desert.

I had two drinks...margarita and wine, my wife a virgin diquiri, and even with or 25% discount on food, the bill was over $60....so a bit pricy.

We are vacationing in the area and we are glad we ate here, but one time was enough.

• Visited April 2013
Wheeling, West Virginia
“great chipotle bourbon salmon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I stopped at the Santa Fe Grille after a day of skiing. Upon entering we were greeted by an attractive lodge décor with interesting southwestern art and several burning fireplaces. I was somewhat surprised by the “terrible” reviews regarding poor service. We were seated at a table by a fireplace and our server, Cathey, was pleasant, helpful, and attentive. SFG has an extensive menu, most items with a southwestern flair. Mo is on a grilled salmon campaign so she ordered the chipotle bourbon salmon and I chose a crab enchilada. My wife declared her salmon to be among the best she has had lately. Overall we had a positive experience and would not hesitate to visit again.

• Visited March 2013
Pennsylvania
“Nothing worthwhile to make us want to come back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was good and the portions were large...but everything is pretty basic. We thought this was a mexican restaurant, but they offered italian pasta dishes and american burgers. It seems as if they can't make up their mind with what to serve. The bartender we had also wasn't attentive. He was too busy talking baseball with other customers. One of the members of my party was gluten-free, and even though we mentioned it twice to the bartender, his meal still came back with bread-related items on it. Luckily another bartender started attending to us and we were much happier...and well served.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank cynnamini
Catonsville, Maryland
“Charged for Someone Else's Order”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went there during our vacation. The table next to us looked like they were going to a high school formal, but that can't be controlled. The waitress was slow and our drinks ran dry with regularity. At the end of the meal my card was charged for my meal (40) and someone else's meal (120). I had to call my credit card company to challenge the charge, the subsequently canceled that card and issued me a new one. Thank you, Santa Fe, for trying to charge me three times my meal cost and convincing my never to come back!

Visited January 2013