“fast and good”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We visit each Sept. And we found this restaurant a couple of years ago and eat at least once, if not twice for lunch.

We really like the variety and the freshness of everything they serve. We had chicken wraps with pears, blue cheese, and raspberry vinagarette today...REALLY GOOD!

We took a menu to the inn where we are staying too.

There are newer reviews for Canoe on the Run

Reviewed September 1, 2012

... After reading the reviews. My husband and I both ordered things with chicken (I had a Canoe wrap and he had a chopped salad). Pros were really good- all fresh ripe yummy veggies and really good dressings. But the cons were kinda big, at least to us. Worst one was the chicken. We are both picky about chicken, so take this with a grain of salt unless you are too. It wasn't good. Not fully processed, like mcnuggets or anything, but def not a natural raw chicken breast that they threw on the grill and cooked themselves. It reminded me of those Perdue "fresh cut" previously cooked things you can buy at the grocery store. Yuk. And the prices reflected what would at least be real, house-grilled chicken. Plus, it took forEVER. And my sister had eaten there the day before, same thing. I don't mean "summertime in a resort town, you expect it busy"--forever. I mean "standing around for 45+ min while employees seem to try NOT to bother themselves with fast sevice"-forever; for some salads and pre-cooked chicken. Huh-uh. Nope. It was annoying to finally get the food and find that. And the wrap was tiny. So, all that said, I wouldn't dissuade anyone from eating here. But I'd say expect to wait and stay away from the chicken if you're picky about that. I'd have been happy to pay $2 more for what I got, only with good chicken. And wouldn't have cared about the wait time, "too cool" staff or the prices. Those things only irked me once I tried the damn chicken.

1  Thank nikkinicole
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We got the omelete, cinnamon roll and chili. Chili was very hearty. Cinnamon roll was good but would have been better warmed up. Omelet tasted very fresh. My coffee americano was great. Good place to catch breakfast and plenty of seating inside and outside.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The menu here is fantastic, whether breakfast or lunch. They love what they do, and it shows. the place is very popular, and features many favorite deli menu items, plus a few surprises. Our favorite thing to do is grab lunch to go and picnic lakeside.

1  Thank DCLDad
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went there for breakfast. The staff couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful. The breakfast burritos are huge and tasty. And they make a rocking cup of Americano! Reasonable prices as well.