“Good Breakfast and friendly staff”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in McHenry
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had a nice family breakfast there and the staff was very friendly. Nice touch to give us grapes to take for kids that we used on a hike.

There are newer reviews for Perkins Restaurant & Bakery

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We went here for the first time for breakfast this year. As soon as we saw the menu it reminded us of Bob Evans. It had a good selection at the normal prices for a breakfast joint. The pancakes that I got were nice and fluffy, although the syrup containers they bring out are entirely too small. They gladly brought out a second one, but could have probably used a third one for the table just didn't want to keep bothering the waitress. The potatoes were better than the hash browns and the portions were a good size for breakfast. Can't say it's anything super special, but I love going out for breakfast so it was an enjoyable meal. Wouldn't mind going back again if we decided to get breakfast out again!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband ordered a turkey sandwich and I ordered a Meatloaf plate. The meatloaf was good, but the mashed potatoes were instant and lacked flavor. My husband said his turkey sandwich was good. I ordered caramel apple pie afterwards. While the taste was good, the crust on the pie was not cooked completely. I think they must have been in a hurry to take it out of the oven.
On a positive note, the service was excellent.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We have only been there for desserts and take out muffins. The muffins themselves are worth the stop. Try it!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Food is always good and the service was great. We ate here for breakfast every morning of our stay and enjoyed it.