“Delicious food and excellent value”

DC's Bar and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
DC's Bar and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 22 Restaurants in McHenry
Cuisines: American, Italian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Part of Wisp Resort, but accessible to the public.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I and 5 friends (32-52) went for late dinner on Saturday 1st September 2012.
We all had different dishes and all were very good. Food was plenty.

We especially enjoyed the housemade meatloaf, pot roast and 14oz NY strip.

Price was about $35 per person including a bottle of (good) wine and soft drinks, tax and 20% tip.
Service was friendly and attentive. Our waitress was very patient with our many questions (and a mix of French , Serb, Australian and American accents!)

I will definitely go back if in the Deep Creek Lake area again.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The breakfast menu at DCs could be featured on Food Network. Every item is fantastic. The Creme Brulee French toast is to die for, even something as simple as oatmeal is a feast for the senses. If you visit the Wisp/Deep Creek area, try the breakfast at DCs, you won't regret it.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had a recent stay at the "Wisp" resort and the DC Restaurant / Lounge the food was terrible and the service worse than Dennys. I ordered wings from the lounge and the manager took my order and I never saw her again. I waited for about 50 minutes for an order of wings and a server finally came around and ask if I have an order of wings because they were setting on the line. I didnt say anything about it at the time. I had guests join me two days later and thought I would try the restaurant, although I was debating to or not. I took three guests to lunch and as I expected I was embarrassed and very upset. The fish was raw inside,the burger was ordered well as industry standard and it was med rare, the ribs were ice cold, and the crab cake was burnt so I ask to speak to the manager. She approached the table in such an unprofessional manner she said out load from eight feet away "talk to me" never presenting herself as the manager or her name with any type of decorum. I explained to her the present situation and about her service two days prior in the lounge, she didnt seem to care one bit. She offered to get us something else and I said thats not going to happen, we are leaving. The worse thing about it is she was the one that cooked it. I sent the general manager a email but he or she never responded. I guess you cant expect to much when it all starts at the top. Yes, im a critic because im a manager of an upscale restaurant for 15 years and I know top notch quality staff and service and I would of expected a much higher level of professionalism from the "Wisp". I need to return to the area for two weeks this fall and I can assure they will not be getting any of my business. I know many people in the Deep Creek Lake area in the hospitality industry and I will be certian they are going to know the situation and response I experienced at the "Wisp". I now understand why the are in bankruptcy. Kerby Hoover

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The food here is pretty good, especially for being in a resort area. When I was snowboarding my parents came in here to watch the Ravens vs. Patriots game and I found the food was cheaper here than getting something to eat at the snack bar at the Wisp!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stood at hostess stand for a long while, even asked customers (one looked like a Wisp employee) at the bar how to order, if I needed to go somewhere else for service. They said they would get someone for me, waited a lot longer watching servers in the restaurant serving their tables while completely ignoring me at the hostess stand, not even a, We'll be right with you, so I just left. As I was walking down the hall outside the bar, I heard one of the guys at the bar say, You can catch her if you want, she just left, but they never came out, and I figured if it took that long to help me, how long would it be to actually get the food if they weren't even interested in trying to catch me and apologize for the ridiculous wait. The restaurant was not busy, so not sure what's up with their service. We were there for an event and didn't want to leave Wisp, so my husband went in about an hour later and ordered two sandwiches to go -- he's the type that would probably walk in their kitchen and start making his own if they ignored him long enough, so I knew we'd get food. The sandwiches were not great, not horrible. Will make sure I bring food with me if we go back to Wisp.