“Excellent food”
Review of Archie's Barbeque

Archie's Barbeque
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in McHenry
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Restaurant and Caterer - Home of the Two-Hand Sandwiches, The Archie Deluxe, Award winning Baby Back Ribs and the Mountain Man Food Challenge (Man vs. BBQ). Our menu features Ribs, Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Pork, Signature Jumbo Wings, along with Signature Wraps, Salads, Homemade Sides, Kids Meals, Beer, Wine and Bulk to Go! Family owned and operated. Relax in our dining room, outside under umbrellas or call ahead to pick-up at DRIVE-THRU. Guaranteed to be delicious, generous portions,reasonably priced and with quick friendly service. Catering Packages also available.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We visited Archie's for the second time this past weekend. I have to say that I am very picky about ribs. I haven't found any that stand up to my husband's until now. The ribs are meaty instead of fatty. They are cooked perfectly-not tough or too soft. The flavor is great (we use the spicy sauce). I also ate the cornbread which was moist and tasty. The restaurant itself is spotless, including the kitchen. If you are ever in deep creek and like good food, stop at Archie's.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Oklahoma style BBQ in Maryland. Been to the establishment twice but frequent their mobile smoker whenever they are in the area for a festival. To our tastebuds, it's good.

1  Thank RobErickKel
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We visited Archie's on Saturday evening of our ski weekend at the beginning of January. It's very close to the ski resort, located right along the main drag. Visitors are greeted by Archie's walls of fame and shame, folks who have attempted the Mountain Man Food Challenge. (A few have actually been successful.) Inside, the heavy, rough-hewn wood tables and chairs and bear rug (displayed on the wall) capture a cabin-in-the-woods sort of feel--although the high ceiling gives the place a cavernous quality. The staff were friendly and order-then-seat-yourself service was efficient if a little impersonal. When the food arrived (which was very fast--it wasn't very busy) everything was exactly what you'd expect: solid, well executed, barbecue pork, brisket, and chicken in generous portions. Sides of cole slaw, mac and cheese, and beans were also good. Those of us who got corn bread received what I thought were skimpy portions. Overall, Archie's is a good place to visit to get away from the ski resort for something a little different, and I would certainly return, but don't expect to be blown away by the world's greatest barbecue.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Debbie and her staff are very friendly and serve the most wonderful bbq! Ribs are fall off the bone tender. Sliced beef is moist - good enough to eat without the sauce. I get just beef on the plate & fill up with the meat (no roll). It is all wonderful. Beans are terrific too.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I recently threw a retirement/birthday/cuz it is summer party for 50 friends. Planned to do the cooking myself then I stopped at Archie's and saw the light. Archie's catered the event and it could not have gone better. I decided on the pulled pork, pulled chicken, and brisket with cornbread, coleslaw baked beans and salad. Archie's crew arrived on time and set up quickly. They provided plates, dinner ware, napkins, ..everything really. The real hit was the food. People loved it all. Everyone came back for seconds. Archie's served (generous portions too) and cleaned up spotlessly after and the price was very reasonable. I recommend them highly for your next event.