“Breathe taking”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Joe B
pittsburgh, pa
“Expectations werent met for a house this price and size”
Reviewed April 4, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

We are annual renters of Deep Creek homes, we absolutely love the area no matter what the weather is like. Each year we rent a different home since we are not your traditional visitors. We dont leave the home much at all and spend a great deal of time cooking, grilling and drinking wine. This place is easily a million dollar home.
We usually use the same rental company and have had above average success and we are not ignorant to the fact that these are rental homes and are not treated as nicely as one might if it was his/her own.
There were a ton of minor issues with this place, including things that could have been easily addressed with just a housekeeper....like lightbulbs. We ended up finding a huge box of lightbulbs in one of the pantries but replaced 8 bulbs and still had several out. I cant see how you can efficiently clean a place if half the lights dont light when you flick the switch?
One of the bed frames was really lose and needed tightened up. There was no possible way to make the bed and not realize that.
We had 6 bathrooms, and 4 of the 6 had a shower curtain rod not secure and almost dangling. It was obvious whoever installed them originally had no idea what they were doing or were lazy bums and didnt want to use the correct fasteners. I called maintenance on that one and they fixed them so they didnt fall off while we were there.
A portion of the ceiling in the garage entry way showed signs of water damage and a cheesy temporary fix.
Since the place is all wood, a good portion of the doors no longer latched from swelling and settling.
Water pressure in the showers was horrible. We had 2 good showers out of the 6, so it defeated the purpose of us having that many because we all used the 2 that were decent. This is a maintenance item that should have easily been identified by housekeeping and needed fixed prior to someones arrival.
The TV's in this place are someones hand me downs they no longer wanted. Its 2016 and they have old DLP tv's with no HDMI inputs. And the tv in the HUGE livingroom was the same size as the tv I have in my 3rd bedroom at home. Ridiculous
The list goes on, but you can see what I am saying with those couple items. Little things that irk a group like us.
I am considering trying a different rental company next year, but it would be a shame. We expected to be blown away, maybe next time? I would like to try this place again, but I would do a complete walkthru first before unpacking

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Size of livingroom and common areas
Liked least: Maintenance of home
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Apr 12, 2016
Dear Mr. Brown,

First we thank you for being such a strong repeat customer of Railey Mountain Lake Vacations. We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at Ace’s Chalet. I wanted to take a moment to offer a response for you to share the corrective actions that have been taken since your stay. The manager of our Owner Relations team (in charge of quality assurance in the home) visited the home and was able to validate some of your concerns and has work orders entered for immediate finalization of the following issues:
1. Drywall damage repair
2. Further investigation on the water pressure issue in the showers as the manager could not detect during inspection. This maintenance item can vary tremendously per home so we will investigate further to determine the source and make necessary recommendations for repair.
3. Securing the shower curtain that is loose. It appears that you did call to report this during your stay and we sent maintenance to address this request for you.
4. Tightening the bed frame. This is a metal bed and may work free from time to time. We will tighten up and have the Owner Representative keep a much closer eye on this.
5. Light bulbs out throughout the home – the manager indicated the bulbs are all functioning at this time. We have encouraged the owner Representative and the housekeepers to keep a closer eye on this.

Generally the Owner Relations team and the housekeeping work together to ensure the home has been adequately inspected prior to your arrival and work orders are entered and addressed before each arrival. Based on the feedback from you, we clearly fell short on this measure and deeply apologize for this oversight. Our mission is to ensure every home is fully prepared for arrival. In the event that we have overlooked something during the pre-arrival inspection, feel free to contact us so we have the opportunity to address maintenance items for you immediately to minimally impact your vacation.

The TV’s in the home are all flat screen TV’s as we recommend, though, some appear to be the older original flat screens and do not have the HDMI ports as you mentioned. Age, sizing, and available operations of each TV can vary per home and or room in the home. We will share your information with the homeowner so they can consider upgrading the electronics in the Ace’s Chalet.

Lastly, as you mentioned the doors being all wooden, we were able to determine that the doors do close somewhat hard. We didn’t detect any latching issues though, being that the temperatures and humidity fluctuate in this home possibly more than your home would, this maintenance item is likely to be a reoccurring issue which we intend to closely monitor.

Just as a final check, we searched to see if these items or similar maintenance requests had been reported by guests prior to your stay and nothing was in our system as reports from previous guests.

We realize you were disappointed with your stay and do feel badly when this happens. It appears that you have rented several new homes in the past with us. Clearly the maintenance items fall as our direct responsibility and some of the amenities may have just been out of line with your preferences. We are willing to work directly with you on future reservations to ensure a clear understanding of your preferences and to avoid this circumstance going forward. We thank you again for your review and hope you’ll return to Railey Mountain Lake Vacations in the future. We would welcome the opportunity to redeem ourselves from our shortcomings.

~ Railey Mountain Lake Vacations

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
MD
Reviewed April 24, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway People with disabilities

Your age range 35-44
MD
Reviewed January 12, 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing