“Excellent pizza!”

Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in McHenry
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our guests gleam talking about Smiley's Bar & Grill. We embrace our dining independence by offering a wide ranging diversity on the menu. Business diners love our comfortable bar, chock full of local conversation and selections like our Baked Italian sandwich or our Fire Cracker Shrimp. Families are greeted with delicious fresh made pizza, colossal wings (16 flavors) and cold crisp salads. We exceed expectations every day with our Grilled Salmon, BBQ Ribs, and Crab Cake dinners. Located at the Fort in McHenry. After dinner, check out Smiley's FunZone attraction for even more fun! We deliver!
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had a coupon for this restaurant, so we stopped in for lunch. The pizza was delicious and the orange crush pitcher was great well. Service was great, too.

There are newer reviews for Smiley's Restaurant and Fun Zone

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family and I came to Smiley's Fun Zone and Pizzeria again this year for the 4th of July. This is our second year. We went again because of the atmosphere and the attractions. The food is also great and the staff there are top shelf. Most of them are students working a summer job. They all seem happy to work there. They never complain about the heat and the crowds. They are friendly and seem like your good time is their responsibility. Like it should be. My wife made a mistake in buying a 'Day Pass' for our seven year old daughter and got a 'debit' type card that was only good for a few rides. I went to the counter where two student workers had sold my wife the card. I fully expected to hear, "Sorry, no refunds or exchanges". That would have been fine, but no, I got, "We are not supposed to change the cards once they're bought, but let me get a manager and see what we can do". Wow!

Enter James, a young manager with a can do attitude. James did not seem perturbed in the least. He wanted to please a customer and make a child's visit more enjoyable. He did the figuring he needed to do, in his head mind you, not a calculator. I was already impressed, but this amazed me. He told me what the dollar difference was for the Day Pass and finished the transaction. James is a model manager and I hope that he will commended for his courtesy, professional manner, and can do attitude.

The story is not finished yet. I went upstairs to find the big manager and speak to him about James' performance. It just so happened that James was telling him the problem was resolved. Enter Aaron, the big manager. I spoke to him in the presence of James and told him what a fine floor manager he had. Turned out they are brothers. Their parents have a lot to be proud of as well as the proprietors of Smiley's. Aaron was so happy with how James handled the situation. He was so glad that I came to him with praise, that he gave me a $5.00 off coupon for my families meal that evening. I asked if they had a place where I could review Smiley's and he told me tripadvisor.com. I told him I was a member and would be more than happy to review them.

These two young men, and all of the staff at Smiley's have given me new hope that the young people in America may have potential after all. I hope that their superiors give them the credit they deserve and maybe even a little extra consideration in their pay envelope. I know, they were 'just doing their jobs'. Well the people at other places need to take an example from the staff at Smiley's and brush up on 'doing their job'. My hat is off to them and we will be back.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was told the pizza was OK. The waitress said it was good. Not even close to good. Mama Celeste frozen has better taste.

Affordable for families, but they need to not know what good pizza tastes like...

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We only had thier loaded french fries because we were busy enjoying all the place had to offer. go-carts outside and below the pizzeria - arcade with laser tag and bumper air boats. Tons of fun.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The place was dirty.

Service and value are reasonable.

If you are not a fan of kids, do not visit. The kids and games make the atmosphere a bit hetic.

1  Thank jan h