“Our recent stay at WISP”
Review of The Lodge at Wisp

The Lodge at Wisp
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in McHenry
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My family of five spent four days and three nights at the WISP resort during Christmas. We arrived on Christmas Eve and obtained an early check-in. After we had unpacked our belongings, we discovered that we were on the pet floor. Guest services did a great job accommodating our request for a change of floor as my kids and I are allergic to pet dander.

Our overall experience was average at best. The resort is clearly in need of a serious makeover because much of the building and it's fixtures are outdated and old. The rooms had the only the basics but clean.

The food at the food court was less than average but we ate there twice or three times to use the the coupons we received as part of our package. The "DC" restaurant had decent food particularly their breakfast.

If I go back to ski at WISP I might be tempted to look at other options. The service was great however!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed in room 324, which looks on to the slopes, and had a wonderful time. Friendly staff and great restaurant on site. Didn't ski, but someone in the party did and liked it. I did go tubing and had a blast!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Paid $259 per night for an old supposedly remodeled room. Overlooking a construction site on the 3rd floor. Left the hotel at 11AM after the first night only to arrive back at 10PM to find housekeeping had not made up the room. This place is a dump - ugly old 1970 style everything. Incompetent teenager type staff with no clue about what service should be. For example, i called down to ask if there was any room service (no guest directory in the room)' I was told yes, there is room service - " you cam call down to the restaurant, tell them what you want, then go down and pick it up to take back to your room"!!!! Breakfast is in a large room with folding tables that reminds me of a college cafeteria. Breakfast served on paper plates with plastic utensils out of a dispenser! I asked for an extra paper plate for the side of bacon I had ordered. When I got to the checkout line the cashier told me the extra plate was $1. I had 3 syrups for my pancakes and the cashier yelled to someone asking now much an extra syrup cost!!!! This is a low class, rundown property calling itself a "resort". Having ski slopes does not make it a resort. Was planning a company event in the area and will not be taking anyone here after these awful two nights. Savvy, experienced travelers will be disgusted with this rundown place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ATLTravelsALot
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is not the Rockies or Vermont, but you can always count on decent snow at the Wisp Resort only a few hours from Washington, DC where I live. The resort has come up with new trails and other snow sport outlets that I'm eager to try after my visits there last winter. Somehow it's always snowing in that valley even when there's no snow to be found further north. I'll let you know more in a few weeks.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank chris s
Reviewed October 22, 2013

attended wedding nearby. Reception held at hotel, convenience factor alone was well worth the stay. Hotel staff very friendly and accommodating, check in, reception, service and overall stay. Older style hotel with nicely completed updates and renovations. Very easy access off highway and simple to locate. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EasyTrvln
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We spent two nights. The hotel is bland don't look for bells and whistles inside your room. You could tell the hotel has had better days. The pool area was nice and large. The grounds were nice. They are really working on an adventure area on the grounds. This would be a place for the kids so far it's good but bring your heavy purse.

We were sleeping over to do white water rafting at a nearby (ha ha trec thru the wood) rafting place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NPG1970
Reviewed September 13, 2013

It wasn't what I was expecting. The location wasn't very scenic. The grounds were not attractive, and the interior of the hotel was generally run-down and uninviting. The staff was not particularly friendly or welcoming. The plus side for us was that there are a lot of activities on the site. The coaster was a fun and novel experience. We enjoyed learning how to use Segways, but the girl leading the tour was not very patient of beginners; for the $90 we spent for two people, we would have expected a more gracious and supportive host.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LouisePennsylvania
Also consider these accommodations in or near McHenry
The Lodges at Sunset Village
#1 of 2 in McHenry
Blue Moon Rising
Blue Moon Rising
#1 of 2 in McHenry

Been to The Lodge at Wisp? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Lodge at Wisp

Address: 290 Marsh Hill Rd, Deep Creek Lake, McHenry, MD 21541-1402 (Formerly Wisp Resort Hotel and Conference Center)
Location: United States > Maryland > Garrett County > McHenry
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Ski-In / Ski-Out Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in McHenry
Price Range: $97 - $228 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — The Lodge at Wisp 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Lodge at Wisp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wisp Hotel Mchenry