“Great steak and fish”

Pine Lodge Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in McHenry
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 219
Description: Pine Lodge Steakhouse offers freshly prepared food in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. The log interior and many fireplaces make the dining experience feel like a secluded mountain retreat. The views of Deep Creek Lake, especially at sunset, are exceptional. Pine Lodge Steakhouse serves only the finest fresh handcut beef, as well as, Pacific Rim Ahi Tuna, cold-water lobster, BBQ Baby Back Ribs, crab cakes and more. A specialty of the house is their famous Creamy Crab Soup - it's a favorite among the locals! Our house chefs oversee preparation to ensure it meets our high quality standards.
Reviewed February 13, 2015

Eating there for awhile, never had a bad meal. Prices are very reasonable and it's not a stuffy place, very comfortable. Love the open fire place.

1  Thank TLS956

Reviewed February 2, 2015

The service was ok as well as it should have being we were the only couple eating here. The food was way over priced for what you get. My steak tasted like it came from shop and save across the street. It was not cooked very well, it looked like it was pan fried over medium low heat. I paid $14 to add a single crab cake which was the worse I ever had as well as the smallest. I have had much better meals at chains like Applebee's . Bottom line, I will never return and do not recommend this place.

Reviewed January 26, 2015

This is always a nice place to visit for an "above average" meal. In Deep Creek, there are not many "nice" places to eat in terms of food & atmosphere but this place brings a nice touch to the lake.

It's a huge log cabin style restaurant and is very good steak house.

Definitely worth a visit and gives my wife and I an nice place to enjoy a date night at the lake.

Reviewed January 17, 2015 via mobile

We ate here because we received a gift card...and I can assure you that this was our first...and LAST time. The food is over-priced and as bland as any I have ever eaten. I had the Prime Rib at $26 and my husband had the New York Strip (All side items are extra. A loaded baked potato was an additional $5). Our steaks were completely without seasoning and, inexplicably, our medium rare steaks had a hard exterior. If you like your food to be flavorless, then this is the place for you. If not, keep looking. My 11 year old son said, "That place looks like the food would be awesome." My husband's reply was, "Well, honey...looks can be deceiving."

Reviewed January 12, 2015 via mobile

Great atmosphere, food was above average but not spectacular. Our server was very friendly and attentive. Thank you.