“Spot On”

Pine Lodge Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pine Lodge Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in McHenry
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 219
Description: Pine Lodge Steakhouse offers freshly prepared food in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. The log interior and many fireplaces make the dining experience feel like a secluded mountain retreat. The views of Deep Creek Lake, especially at sunset, are exceptional. Pine Lodge Steakhouse serves only the finest fresh handcut beef, as well as, Pacific Rim Ahi Tuna, cold-water lobster, BBQ Baby Back Ribs, crab cakes and more. A specialty of the house is their famous Creamy Crab Soup - it's a favorite among the locals! Our house chefs oversee preparation to ensure it meets our high quality standards.
Reviewed January 6, 2015

My wife and I decided at the last minute to go to dinner for New Years Eve. We had never ate here before so thought it would be kind of exciting. We arrived at the hostess station and was warmly greeted. Disappointment set in as we were asked if we had reservations. However that was quickly turned around when informed that all tables in the saloon were offering the full New Years Eve menu. Available on a first come first served basis (even with our child), there was no wait. If we would of had to wait for a table there is plenty of inside area, which being that it was very cold and windy, would of been welcomed. I dislike being given a buzzer cube and waiting in the cold. The roaring fireplace in the saloon adds to the rustic, casual ambience and it was comfortable for my chill pill wife. I was surprised by the variety offered on the menu for being a "Steakhouse". Even the childrens menu offered appetizing dishes never seen at other restaurants. Seeing Ahi Tuna was a no brainer for my appetizer, my wife chose crab stuffed shrimp. Served quickly, and both very tasty, but the only reason my review is not 5 stars (dots), is the portions were small considering the price. I'm not saying that the place is over-priced as they are in line with any other "Quality" restaurant in the area. I ordered the New York strip steak w/baked potato both served to perfection. I like to eat my potato skin and some places I scrutinize if it's been washed thoroughly, like I said, both were perfect. My wife ordered the Chicken Oscar and not a single complaint either. In regards to some of the other negative reviews, if your expecting Ruths Chris, eat elsewhere. If your looking for a good meal, I think this place will suit your needs and satisfy your appetite.

Reviewed January 3, 2015

Food was good. It was kind of pricey but we were expecting that. We ate downstairs in the saloon. Nice atmosphere to hang out with friends.

Reviewed January 1, 2015

Maybe our (8 of us) expectations were too high, but we were all pretty disappointed with our experience. The greeting and hospitality was there, but the food delivery and constant little "mistakes" (heard from several tables) were really unexceptable. 5 oz filets that would be lucky to hit the 4 oz mark, filet so smothered in "Oscar" that is needed a life jacket to survive, to having to pay for bread to be put on the table, the restaurant is lucky to have to little competition in the Deep Creek Lake area.

Reviewed December 2, 2014

My husband and I ate here for dinner (11/29/2014) while on vacation at Deep Creek Lake. My husband and I had the french onion soup, oak barrel steak and lobster tail, crab cake and filet, house salads, chocolate cake with peanut butter and cookies n' cream whipped topping, and chocolate torte a la mode.

Pros - Food was good (except for oak barrel steak). Very nice decor and atmosphere.

Cons - Very expensive. Everything was a la carte. Oak barrel steak wasn't very good but that could be a personal preference of my husband's. Chocolate torte wasn't a torte, it was a brownie.

Reviewed November 24, 2014 via mobile

Food was pretty good, but spent over $60 for dinner for 2. This is with a 25% discount for messing up my order and no drinks. Staff was nice but I would recommend going somewhere different.