“Did you really want to be here?”

Pine Lodge Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pine Lodge Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in McHenry
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 219
Description: Pine Lodge Steakhouse offers freshly prepared food in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. The log interior and many fireplaces make the dining experience feel like a secluded mountain retreat. The views of Deep Creek Lake, especially at sunset, are exceptional. Pine Lodge Steakhouse serves only the finest fresh handcut beef, as well as, Pacific Rim Ahi Tuna, cold-water lobster, BBQ Baby Back Ribs, crab cakes and more. A specialty of the house is their famous Creamy Crab Soup - it's a favorite among the locals! Our house chefs oversee preparation to ensure it meets our high quality standards.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

A reservation for 10 at 8:30pm-seated at 9pm. The waiter wandered over saying he'd been partying all day at the Deep Creek Dunk, wasn't sure he wanted to be there, but said we'd make it somehow. He managed to keep the drinks coming as ordered but quickly scooped up any empty glasses because the bar was having trouble keeping up. The food was ordinary fare although the creamy crab soup was a stand out. The waiter accommodated the five couples with five checks but was unhappy with requests to correct mistakes made in billing. Perhaps on a less busy night this place could be better than average...but not on "dunk" weekend.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

did not like the food. My cranberry salad had old dried cranberries, no taste and hard to chew. Blue cheese was a poor excuse.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

When we arrived to Deep Creek Friday February 21st, we looked at a Menu guide that the area puts together. We decided to try Pine Lodge Steakhouse. My first idea was to look at reviews for the Steakhouse. I looked at all the reviews and some really don't give this place an "accurate" review.
So we were off to give it a try myself, my beautiful wife and our friends (another couple) when we arrived at Pine Lodge the building was very beautiful. We then were greeted by the hostess/manager (not sure) and told us we would be on a little wait, which is understandable they were busy. The hostess then told us if we would like we could sit in the bar area and not have to wait so we did. We were then greeted promptly by our server Greg, that's where the fun started Greg gave us some great suggestions, and had us laughing out of our seats. We ordered Calamari which was a bit salty but very good, and the crab soup was to DIE FOR! Steaks were prepared top notch and greatly seasoned. All the staff we saw looked pretty friendly. The bar tender could smile a bit more she seemed not so eagerly happy. This was a great experience and we plan to return and possibly stay at The Lodges Greg told us about. Thanks Pine Lodge Steakhouse my anniversary weekend surprise for my wife was top notch.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here a good bit but it's been a while so we finally went back yesterday and it was as good as I remember. They have the best cream of crab soup and it's the only restaurant I will order a salad as I'm not a salad eater because of their house dressing, it's so good! I got the oak barrel steak, one of my favorites and it was amazing-so tender and flavorful. Our waitress was very nice and attentive and she had a trainee who was also very nice. Not sure what the problem was with some of these bad reviews but we loved it as always.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Service is slow,This restaurant's goal is to make people wait for low quality food and small portions. My husband's salmon was six Oz.no bourbon sauce,price $20.00, all sides are al le carte.When they fixed the order,they gave him the same little piece of salmon back, in a light glaze.I asked for linguine in garlic sauce and had buttered linguine instead.Nothing high end about this food.Overpriced and services is terrible.This restaurant needs new management and new chefs.