“Pleasant, but overpriced”

Pine Lodge Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pine Lodge Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in McHenry
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 219
Description: Pine Lodge Steakhouse offers freshly prepared food in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. The log interior and many fireplaces make the dining experience feel like a secluded mountain retreat. The views of Deep Creek Lake, especially at sunset, are exceptional. Pine Lodge Steakhouse serves only the finest fresh handcut beef, as well as, Pacific Rim Ahi Tuna, cold-water lobster, BBQ Baby Back Ribs, crab cakes and more. A specialty of the house is their famous Creamy Crab Soup - it's a favorite among the locals! Our house chefs oversee preparation to ensure it meets our high quality standards.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pleasant, but overpriced”
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Sweet potato casserole is to die for. Little bitty view of Deep Creek Lake frm a few tables. Expensive for what u get. Great restroom, tho!

PinelodgeSH, General Manager at Pine Lodge Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thanks for letting us know how we are doing. It is our mission to provide a total dining experience that is well worth the price of admission! We also offer several options on our saloon fare menu under $12; Wild Wings, Crabby Chicken Sandwich, Buffalo Chicken Sub, Smokin Gouda Burger, Prime Rib Sandwich or try our new Fried Oyster Hoagie. All are sure to satisfy your taste buds!

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“awesome food”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The restaurant itself isn't anything special-kind of looked like a cabin or lodge. The food was fantastic! My husband and I both ordered steak (since it is a steakhouse) and the crabcakes. Wow. Both were awesome-especially the crabcakes. I am very picky about crabcakes and they must have big chunks of crabmeat in them. These were perfect! The peanut butter pie for dessert was also pretty amazing!

Visited May 2012
PinelodgeSH, General Manager at Pine Lodge Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thanks for your comments; I will pass them along to my staff! We work very hard to provide only the best in McHenry and will continue to do so. Thanks again!
Oakland, Maryland
“Atmosphere costs”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The service was good and friendly. The food was over rated for the price.

Visited August 2011
Dear Elizabeth,
Thanks for your comments; the staff at Pine Lodge Steakhouse work hard to provide the not only friendly service but also the best food in McHenry. I am so sorry that your experience was not a total package of what we offer to over 40,000 guests a year. I will review this with all my staff in an effort to continue to provide only the best for all of our guests.

I see that your last visit was in August of 2011. I invite you back to prove that not only our friendly staff but also the food is worth the price of admission. I recommend starting with our famous Creamy Crab Soup and trying one of our delicious steaks. We have a sixteen ounce Kansas City Strip that won’t disappoint you! We also offer the best Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes around! Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.
York, Pennsylvania
“Like a fish riding a bicycle”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Both my taste buds and my walled punched me in the face for going here. Maybe they would be good at dentistry, or plumbing, but they are definitely not good at cooking.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank YorkHavenDave
Pittsburgh
“Dissappointed, after previous great reviews”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Well since my 'rave' reviews, I have been less than pleased my last 2 visits. We were there 1 week before Christmas, and then again at the end of April. In December, because it was close to the holiday, I called the night before to reserve a table upstairs, next to the window. This was a 'special time' for us, and i wanted to make sure we had it. When we arrived at the restaurant, I was told the upstairs was full due to a Christmas Party. Really, you accept a specific reservation, and then tell this to a customer when the arrive? We went ahead and sat in the bar area. (For the prices you pay, and the ambience I do not reccomend this for a couples dinner) The meals were not up to par, steaks over done, service less than desirable...was this due to the holiday? if so a very poor excuse for upholding the quality I have come to expect, but I am willing to give most a second chance when they have exceeded my expectations in the past. On that note, we took a weekend road trip that started in DCL, at the end of April. I did not make a reservation, but it is off season. Now I may be wrong, but if a couple come in a request a booth upstair, WHY do you seat them next to a family group of 10+ that includes 3 extremely unruly children, WHEN there are empty tables further away???? We are in one booth, the large table behind us, and one of the children(at the large table) jumping up and down in the booth on in the opposite side of us. Another child running around and bouncing a light up ball, that ended up hitting off our table. The parents obviously didn't care what their children did, but for the comfort of the other guests, i really believe the management should have stepped in. So, being that it is off season, and less crowded, we were hoping for a really good meal. But alas we were dissappointed once again. The calmari was chewy, like it was freezer burnt, definately not fresh, and not worthly. The steaks weren't bad, but after the previous experience, the table of ten, and the horrible appetizer, well...at this point all you could do was eat and go. I am sorry to say what used to be my ABSOLUTE favorite, and what i looked forward to most when I visited DCL, has gone down hill to the point I doubt that I will return, which is a shame because i use to so enjoy it, and at one time recommended it to everyone.

• Visited April 2012