Wades Point Inn on the Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Harbourtowne Resort(St. Michaels)
  • Beachfront
Very Good 4/5
St. Michaels Inn(St. Michaels)
Excellent 5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsgranolathe main housenewer buildingpaddle boardsget awaybreakfast roomb bnature trailmy husband and iquichelounge chairspeace and quiettilghman islandwalking trailsbaked eggsfresh fruitst michaels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Wades Point Inn is both relaxing and beautiful. We were amazed at the beautiful sunsets. Sitting bayside was totally relaxing. Betsy and her daughter are two sweethearts who stole our hearts. We talked to alot of locals as to their favorite eating places in St. Michaels and truly enjoyed every aspect of our experience. We will definitely be back again and again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teteece
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful time! It was so quiet and peaceful. The main house was beautiful and the many screened in porches were the perfect place to enjoy the scenery. We arrived on Friday evening and were greeted by the most gorgeous sunset over the bay.
Breakfast included fresh baked muffins, croissants/biscuits, yogurt from a local farm, fresh fruit, oatmeal/grits, baked eggs/cheese pie, granola, juice, milk, coffee, tea. You can enjoy breakfast in the great room or the screened in porch. Soft instrumental music was playing and was a great way to start the day. My husband and I then took our coffee out by the bay and sat on the adirondack chairs.
Our room was in the newest building. We had a small porch facing the bay. It was perfect. I was a little disappointed that we couldn't use the porch because of the hundreds of mayflies (I think that is what they were) that surrounded our building. We had to rush in and out of our room so as not to get the bugs in our room. Next time I would pick a room in the main building and give up the porch so as not to have to deal with the bugs.
The Inn is a just a short drive into St. Michael's- great town.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the bay to enjoy the sunsets.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank djoann958
stmwpi, Owner at Wades Point Inn on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

We hope to celebrate many more anniversaries with you! This must have also been an anniversary for the Mayflies, we have been here 27yrs and have never seen them in noticeable numbers as they have been this month. Something is out of whack--they are after all called Mayflies so i say its time for them to fly away and let the Junebugs have their say.

Reviewed May 11, 2011

I just returned from two nights at Wades Point -- my third or fourth visit to this exquisite B&B on the Chesapeake Bay. I traveled with my sister and mother (87), who had been through a period of physical challenges and welcomed a brief time away.

Our first-floor room in the Kemp House had two queen beds, a kitchenette (not all rooms have this), a porch looking out on the Chesapeake, two good reading chairs inside, and ample storage space. No phone, no TV, no WiFi in these rooms -- so you'd need a smart phone or wireless card to maintain hyper-connections if you need to do so. I recommend minimal electronic intrusion. You don't want to miss the awesome sunsets, the bird chatter, the night sounds of the Bay and its environs.

A Great Room with a Cape Cod feel and an expansive view of the Bay is breakfast HQ in the main house. We had a cheese-and-egg pie one morning and an egg-and-sausage casserole and/or French toast casserole on the other. Fresh fruit, muffins, croissants, granola, yogurt, good coffee, juice -- a satisfyingly simple-but-elegant menu, tastefully presented.

The Inn has several buildings, including the main house with several floors of rooms, the Kemp building has two floors of rooms all with private entries. Even the first-floor rooms in Kemp have several stairs to negotiate -- and the main house requires 4-5 stairs just to enter -- so those who find such climbs challenging should be advised of that. Tap water in our room had an iron taste, but filtered water was readily available in the main house.

Hammocks, Adirondack chairs, chaise lounge chairs were available on the lawn, which is surrounded by Bay waters, offering many vantage points from which to watch the estuary and its many inhabitants and passers-by. The surrounding acreage -- some farmland, some homesteads -- also offers a short trail for those who enjoy such explorations.

A short drive offers multiple dining options in St. Michael's and on Tilghman Island. We especially enjoyed the fare at Chesapeake Landing and the St. Michael's Crab and Steak House. We toured the Chesapeake Maritime Museum, climbing the lighthouse and watching work proceed on several wooden boats there.

The days we were there were sunny and 70, quiet, relaxing. With the windows open at night, we could hear the Bay waters lapping at the shoreline.

The owner and staff were friendly, courteous, and attentive (but not smothering).

We enjoyed a refreshing, rejuvenating break with the Chesapeake Bay as our backdrop. Wades Point is a treasure.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MillerWords
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Is you like to take walks, be with nature, enjoy a very super clean right down to the sheets place to re group this is it.
There was no TV which I thought would be a problem for my husband. Then we sat in the beautiful breakfast room, with a bottle of wine and my husband and I took turns tossing memories back and forth till late at night. I don't think there is much to do in St Michaels if you don't bike or boat, the restaurants are fine. But this is the most friendly relaxing place , looking out the windows surrounded by water. Don't even bother with the B&B in town. This is the best

Room Tip: If you like newer go to Kemp building
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jo514
Reviewed March 28, 2011

We recently held a women's retreat at the Wades Point Inn and we were very pleased with every aspect of our stay. The B & B is well maintained, the staff is helpful and courteous and the location is absolutely beautiful! I highly recommend the Wades Point Inn!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business