“Nice condition, fair price”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Waverly Woods Golf Club
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice condition, fair price”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This course is one of the better public courses for conditions in the area, especially their greens. Prices are fair and generally it hasn't been too crowded on the weekend afternoons when I usually play here.

Visited October 2013

Baltimore, MD
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Interesting, challenging, but not overly difficult”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We play Waverly Woods a lot, even tho other comparable courses are equally convenient. It's just good.

Visited October 2013
Woodstock, Maryland
“Great Course”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a great layout, a tremendous practice facility including grass range and it is in incredible condition right now.

Visited September 2013
Clarksville, Maryland, United States
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Pricey and a little pretentious”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The layout is challenging and the greens are usually kept at close to PGA speeds, but the fairways and maintenance do not live up to the resort quality that it pretends to have. The Pro shop is minimally stocked and priced like it is at Pebble Beach. Most of the staff are wannabe professional golfers and in my experience could care less about us novices, except to take our credit cards. There are better courses in the area for less money.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank David M
Gaithersburg, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Mediocre and overpriced”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've played this course a few times, and I've decided it's probably not for me. This last time was in a best-ball scramble, which had a smallish turnout. On the positive side, the GM actually explained the event in detail, which I appreciated. And he explained to a few of us who happened to be standing next to him on the practice green that they expected the condition of the greens to be fully recovered from the aeration a few weeks earlier. He was actually very sincere in his efforts, which I again appreciated. And the staff is generally always friendly and helpful at this course. Now for the not-so-good. The greens and fairways are generally in good condition, but not great condition. There were sand containers on the carts, but the bermuda grass (?) fairways had a million divots without repair (sand or divot replacement). The rough and common areas are lacking, and still have dead trees and branches and storm remnants here and there from months ago. And some of the rough is a little worse than rough in spots. And the food was mediocre, but that's the case with many public courses. The layout is very quirky, with far more blind shots, side-hill lies, and awkward lay-up shots than I prefer. I don't mind challenging courses, in fact I prefer them, but this is one of those courses that kind of takes the fun out of it, at least for me. On one hole, the sprinklers at the tee boxes were on, so we drove through them, but the water smelled like raw sewerage. And we were supposed to have drinks after the event, but we couldn't even get to the bar because it was packed, mostly with non-golfers, which was a first for me at a public golf course clubhouse. All in all, it's an okay golf experience, and I think they try hard, and the course has a surprisingly good reputation, but it's definitely not worth the money, in my humble opinion.

Visited August 2012