Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsstores and restaurantslong stayrooms are cleanquiet areastay at this hotel againfull kitchenfront desk staffconditionerbaltimore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Well first I must say that Kim, who greeted me and helped me eventually get a room, was extremely helpful and pleasant. She went out of her way to make sure I was satisfied with my room. When checking in, I was first given a key and went to my room which smelled as if smokers had been smoking non-stop in the room for 50 years straight. I went back down and she immediately reprogrammed my card for a non-smoking room. I went back upstairs and upon opening my new room, realized it was already occupied. I went back down and Kim said she would come with me to make sure my new room wasn't smelly or occupied. When we got to my third room, there was a terrible rancid fish smell. She quickly went back downstairs reprogrammed the key came back up and checked another room before presenting it to me. This 4th try was great. The room was comfy and I slept great both nights. I realized the next morning as I was getting into the shower that there was no shampoo. I called down to see if I could get some. They said yes come down and get it. I was already naked and not going down to the desk. Secondly I had forgot a comb and called to see if they could provide one of those. They said they did not have them. Overall I got a great deal with Priceline. Service in the beginning was excellent. Mid stay it was lacking. I would stay here again if Kim was working the desk!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Since i first arrived at this hotel, over a year ago, it has been a pleasure to be here. The hotel manager and all the staff are friendly and have gone out of the way to make sure my stay has been as pleasant as possible. Everyone always asks," Can i help you and then they actually do, very refreshing! This is a great spot for a business traveler as well as folks on a tight budget.

Room Tip: all rooms have great WIFI reception
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

John – I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay at a great rate. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly during your stay with us. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I’m glad that we were able to meet this goal. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This place is a dump. I recently started a new job in Towson and needed somewhere to stay for a week, so I decided on the Extended Stay because of the kitchen. When i checked into my room, all the windows were open ( mind you it is February), and it smelled of cigarettes. There were stains on the comforter and cigarette burns on the carpet. I asked to be moved to another room which was equally as terrible. There were huge brown stains on the comforter, burns in the carpet, hair and stains on the sheets, and the room has a horrible lingering cigarette smell. I actually went to Target to purchase a new blanket to avoid the possibility of my skin touching whatever was on the comforter. However, even with the new blanket the smell of cigarettes still followed me all day. There are also strange stains on a wall that look like an entire bottle of wine was smashed on it. There is no cleaning service at this establishment unless you stay for atleast 8 nights, and if you want clean towels you must go to the front desk. The kitchen appliances are laughable and consist of two cups, two forks, one pot, one pan, etc. They do not provide you with enough soap to even clean the dishes.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The condition of your room as you described is unacceptable and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed your experience with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry that your fully equipped kitchen did not meet your expectations.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bti@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We lost power at our home and needed a place to stay that would allow us to bring our dog. The price was right - but the bed was really uncomfortable and the room smelled, including the pillows! I'm glad we found a place that could take our dog - but we'll find another place the next time our power goes out!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Kevin - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you found your bed to be uncomfortable. As well, I am sorry that your room smelled like cigarette smoke. I will be discussing your experience with our team and taking steps to ensure your experience is not repeated.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bti@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Lost power due to ice storm needed a place to stay with wife and dogs. Everything was perfect, thanks for being helpful thru the tough time. PS Courtney at the front desk was great:). Anything you forgot they had it at the front desk. Nice areas around the motel to walk the dogs.

• Stayed: February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m glad that you were pleased with our staff, especially Courtney. As well, it’s great to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs during your stay with us. I hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.