New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Excessive pet charge, noisy environment and "free" breakfast a joke” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium

Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Providence, Rhode Island
“Excessive pet charge, noisy environment and "free" breakfast a joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Who ever owns this franchise does not understand basic needs of travelers. They charge an excessive $25.00 a night for a pet (most places with better amenities charge $10.00). The walls are thin, you hear everything and the "free" breakfast is stale packaged muffins, coffee and tea.
The staff was not knowledgeable when I called, which should have been my first clue.
Although the property looks nice and is new, the experience is terrible.
Check out La Quinta

Room Tip: Select another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mary S
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you feel the Pet Fee is excessive and I will review pet fees charged at other hotels in the area. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bti @extendedstay.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Traverse City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I have lived here for 3 months...not My choice. The 'breakfast' is air muffins and coffee water. Walls are almost transparent. .33 % of the laundry works ( on a good day). No lobby. One good thing: you will never be awakened to the sound of a vacuum cleaner-- in 3 months I've never heard one or see one, and I have proof that one has never been used in my room since I've been in it. Another good thing: the room cleaners will never sneak up on you-- the are trained to shout in the hallways. Tip: park in the back of the lot. Everybody here back their pickup trucks crookedly into the parking spaces.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The items you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to be meeting with staff to review your comments with them. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback.
I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Lutherville Timonium hotels

Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This hotel was a nightmare experience. We knew it was a "bare bones" set up, but it was even worse. After we checked in, we noticed there was no hair dryer and the two pillows on the bed were about 1/4" thick. We went to the front desk, and the young man said he was out of pillows and hair dryers. He said the manager had some in his closet, but he (the desk guy) didn't have a key to that, so we would have to wait until the morning. Bad sign when the management doesn't trust the staff with the closet keys! We had a sleepless, terible night. Not only were there no pillows to speak of, but you could hear every noise - the air conditioner went on and off every 3 minutes, there was someone walking in the rooms above us and on either side of us. The next morning we returned to the desk, and sure enough, the manager immediately produced three fluffy, brand new pillows. I was incensed that we had to suffer all the previous night. He then undertook to track down a hairdryer, and did find us one. He said people probably walk off with them. Hello? If they installed them in each room, they couldn't be removed and they'd probably save money. We stayed the second night since we were already unpacked, etc, but I will never ever go back there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rosemarina
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, July 30, 2012

Your comments are valid and I will be addressing them with the management team to ensure this doesn’t happen to any other guests. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers.

Between the hotel staff and me, we hope you will give us another opportunity. We look forward to having you join us again or at any of our other brand locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

The violent storms that hit the East Coast earlier this month knocked our power out foot 5 days. The over 100 degree temps caused us to take refuge with our dog at the Extended Stay America in Timonium.
The General Manager, Mike, was absolutely phenomenal while dealing with a complete madhouse due to the number of people that were also trying to get rooms and check-in.
Our room was clean, and very adequate for the price. The staff during our stay was very helpful and friendly.
We definitely will return if we ever need to get away again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Baltimore - Timonium. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have been here since middle May so i have seen a lot fo the operations of the place i think it is well kept,cleaness,laundry and knowlege of the areas local eating places,malls points of interest staff is very nice and goes out of their way to help any issue you have.They also putting big money into this place to make it even better.I dont have a bad thing to say about the entire stay here.I would recommend this place highly!! : - ) **** STAR RATE

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank craig j
virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

first I must say that the staff was friendly and efficient. All downhill from there. Two rough looking residents hanging around front entrance. Lobby worn and dated and felt weird. Desk closes at 11pm. Hallways narrow and dark. Whole place smells old. Room spacious but worn out and dirty. Stains on furniture, sheets yellowed and did not seem fresh. Pullout sofa mattress was crunchy and slanted. First floor window lock was broken, but a maintenance man did come right away to fix it. Doors and walls thin, you can hear everything. A woman in a nearby room was screaming on the phone about the drug dealers and alcoholics who were living there and the poor condition of her room. Seems like a low rent place for weekly renters. We were looking for a hotel room for three nights. Nothing nice about the place except the desk clerks. She did not seem surprised when we told her we would not be staying and canceled the reservation without a charge or a problem. we did not feel safe or clean there.

Room Tip: There are not any good rooms here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MACVirginia
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally apologize for your experience. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

This room is so dirty I can't barely stand to be the room. This room hasn't been cleaned thoroughly in years greasy dust, blood on bathroom walls, ants crawling the room, smells like an ashtray, stains on the floor, furniture has food stains. I had low expectations given its an Extended Stay has limited service but basic cleaning should be priority focus of management. I am calling the front desk to see if I can get out of my room now.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tony,

I recently received a copy of your review of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable breakdown in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lutherville Timonium
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore
Hunt Valley Inn A Wyndham Grand
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium? Share your experiences!