“Vibrant atmosphere but could use some acoustic adjustment to allow us to have a dinner conversation.”
Review of Ryleigh's Oyster

Ryleigh's Oyster
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: With locations in Historic Federal Hill and Padonia Road in Hunt Valley, Ryleigh's Oyster specializes in only the freshest seafood, meats, poultry and produce. Combining excellent service in a relaxed but vibrant Oyster Bar atmosphere, Ryleigh's Oyster has become recognized as one of the Nation's and Baltimore's best.
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous oysters, hostesses & wait staff! The remainder of the food was mediocre. Oyster stew was bland even with the addition of salt and pepper. Beet salad was large and flavorful, but could have used a bit of dressing. Brussel sprouts (roasted) were just about burned and had a too sweet flavor to them. Shrimp salad & homemade chip were good choices. Rockfish entree & clam appetizer were also good.

Draft beer would have been better in a chilled glass. It also could have been a bit colder. I was reminded of the warm beer served at Memorial Stadium.

1  Thank chris m
There are newer reviews for Ryleigh's Oyster

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I had the opportunity to have a Valentine's dinner-date with my wife, so on a whim we went to Ryleigh's Oyster in Hunt Valley. We were not disappointed! They offered 12 or so different types of oysters, so I ordered a half-dozen of oysters from Massachusetts that my server suggested. They were nice-sized and delicious, some of the best I have ever had. At $12-$15 a half dozen the price is not outrageous, but they also have a $1 per oyster happy hour. For dinner I ordered the steak from the special Valentine's Day small plates menu while my wife had the scallops from the regular menu. The steak was delicious paired with finger potatoes and vegetables. The scallops entree seemed small for the price, but my wife enjoyed them. They have several craft beers on the menu with some stouts that pair well with oysters. My wife ordered the Arnold Palmer crush, one of their signature drinks, which was very heavy on the lemon. She would like to try the orange crush next time.

I love craft beer and oysters so this place is perfectly-suited for me! The atmosphere is open and loud with many TVs. So it is better as a happy-hour hangout than for dinner, but you can do both here. The area is lacking in both good seafood and craft beer bars, and Ryleigh's Oyster fills the niche. I look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Watched all the activity in redoing this restaurant, so I had high hopes when we went there. I am a seafood lover, but found the selections not very exciting. My husband does not eat seafood, so his choices were very limited. The service was slow, the room was noisy, and there was nothing about my food that would make me want to go back. This is unfortunate since we live nearby and were hoping for this to be another neighborhood restaurant for us to go to frequently.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This new location opened a few months ago and I gave the restaurant 3 tries. The first time I went with my girlfriend at dinner time and we actually left right after we got seated because the menu selection was so lousy there was nothing appealing to choose from, and it was cold. The next time I went at lunch time to see if it's any different, this time I didn't leave. The service was slow. The salad was nothing special, a bunch of greens from the grocery literally dumped together.
I went again for dinner last week (3 months after the lunch) to see if there's any improvement. The place was still cold. The service was lousy, the menu selection was poor. The ingredients in the baked oysters seriously did not go well together. I didn't eat it, just a taste. Then I ordered the scallop dish, the food just doesn't taste right. I am not going there again unless a major change happens. It is very disappointing.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Located in the space previously occupied by Gibbys, this new location of Ryleigh's is a sports bar masquerading as a seafood restaurant. Service was quite slow on a Sunday evening. The Bluepoint oysters were large and succulent but the others (from Massachusetts) recommended by our servers were quite tiny, although still tasty. The cream of crab soup was also good. The fish in the Fish and chips entree had way too much batter and the fries were Luke warm and lackluster. The rockfish entree was soggy in a forgettable sauce. The Shrimp and Grits had shrimp with heads on (more authentic?) but most of the heads we're lose in the entree giving it the appearance of shrimp-heads and grits. The sauce was a marinara sauce and the grits were tasteless. The award winning orange crush drink was quite nice and the beer selection good. Next time we will come for the oysters and beer and watch a game. Maybe have another appetizer. But definitely go elsewhere for dinner!