“Always good...never disappointed at Romano's Macaroni Grill”

Romanos Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2014

After a long and disasterous day, it was nice to go and relax over drinks and good food. We made it in time to take part in the lunch specials, which were both very good. I had the alfredo and my husband had the ravioli. An excellent meal...and our server, Esther, was very nice and very sweet. Like the title of this post says, always good...never disappointed at Romano's Macaroni Grill.

There are newer reviews for Romanos Macaroni Grill

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our out of town family came to take us to lunch and based on their prior positive dining experiences at several Macaroni Grills in the DC area, they chose this restaurant which was close to where we were staying. While waiting for a table, the host was talking enthusiastically about how delicious the New England clam chowder was..and that it was close in style and taste to what is actually served in New England. Once seated and also at the recommendation of our server, all 5 of us decided to start off with the chowder .. The server returns some minutes later to inform us that Clam Chowder is not available and would we like Minestrone. We declined. And not a good start.
My husband and I ordered the Eggplant Parmesan which the server highly recommended and described that they made it with thicker breaded eggplant slices so you could actually taste the eggplant.
We shared it with everyone at our table before we began eating. It was the WORST Eggplant Parmesan I have ever eaten. The thick slices were tasteless, very tough, probably undercooked, difficult to cut with soggy NOT crisp breading. Everyone at the table later commented how disappointing it was. I also sampled the fried calamari which is supposed to be a Macaroni Grill specialty. Small portion, tasteless breading and not crisp. The entree salads were large but little chicken. For dessert, the caramel gelato with bits of coffee/chocolate was good but small scoop for the $5 price. The service was good except that everyones water glasses were removed when a few people at the table had coffee. We then had to ask for water.Overall it was very disappointing dining experience and our last visit to the MacaRUINi Grill.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Don't feel like fixing supper tonight? Drop by the Macaroni Grill for a tasty bite at a great value. We are vegetarians, but that doesn't mean we don't drink! Macaroni's house wine is a fine addition to the 'create your own pasta' entrée sans meat. With a salad starter you can enjoy dinner for two for under $45, including tip. We usually take home a doggie bag, too! Great for seniors.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I used to enjoy this place. Not sure what happened, but I won't be gong back. Food has deteriorated and the service is HORRIBLE. My wife and I waited over 1 hour to get our pasta (from when we ordered it - not from when we were seated) and it was a night where there were only 12 other patrons in the restaurant (I literally counted them). People in the booth next to us sat down 15 minutes after we had ordered (20 minutes after being seated) and had already received their meals when I was able to finally track down our waitress and asked her about the delay in getting our food. Her off-handed reply was simply "What do you want me to do about it"? No apology, sympathy or anything! We asked to see the manager and while he apologized, it was clear he had no idea what his employees were doing as we had witnessed them off in the corner talking away and not visiting the tables to make sure the customers were being served. Sad - just sad. We will never go there again as this was not the only time the service there was horrible.

2  Thank Dave N
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The food here is good. My biggest complaint, wait time, 30 to 45 minutes is too long to wait. They don't take reservations except for large parties, but it seems some people get priority. If you have the time the wait is worth it.