$81
$126
$116
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$89
$109
$94
HIExpress.com
All reviewsbare necessitiescustomer service at the front deskroom was cleanfairgroundsgoldiefridgebaltimorehousekeeperrricarpetac
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I had a great stay at this Red Roof Inn. The room was very clean and everything was in working condition. Upon arriving to my room, I received a call from the front desk asking me if everything in my room was ok and to report anything that wasn't. The staff was very friendly and I slept wonderfully because it was so quiet. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Stayed with dog and family. Main light to the room was out though. Reported to the front desk, who did not follow through. Called to the manager, who apologized and gave a credit, person did come to fix it. The light was still not working when we checked out 2 days later. (Seems needed part not in stock at the time) Rooms were clean, and workers on the property were kind, polite and did their jobs. We will stay there again, just hopefully not in the same room.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank Goin2Dogs
Reviewed June 16, 2007

Avoid this one at all cost. Had to stay here because we had our dog with us. When we pulled up to the front lobby, all we saw were overgrown weeds. Had to wait a long time for room even though we made reservations. All kinds of filth & gross stains on elevator to 2nd floor. Bedspread was filthy. Room was dirty. No breakfast. Didn't feel safe here. Could hear pipes rattling when other rooms used shower. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank TravelwithDog
Reviewed May 29, 2007

We booked here for a business trip - it was the cheapest hotel around because of the Preakness that was a few days away (or so they told us). It was almost $100/night for a Red Roof. The hotel was really basic - no hair dryer, no coffee machine, etc. We expected that (well - not the no hair dryer, but we weren't expecting much). But what was awful were the other residents!!! I didn't get to sleep until 3am the first night because of all the loud truck drivers, partiers, other workers coming and going all night - and this was not the week-end. The low-point was when we were awoke at 5am by someone puking outside over the railing directly outside of our window. So gross!!!!!!! A funny part of the hotel is that many of the other guests kept their smelly old work shoes right outside of their hotel room, apparently so they didn't smell up their rooms. So when you walked down the walkway, each room had a pair or two of old shoes outside the door.

We didn't really have any complaints, but stay here for a bargain, nothing else.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank juniemonster
Reviewed January 28, 2007

I checked into the Red Roof on a Thursday evening. There were three folks ahead of me in line, and it took about an hour to finally check-in. Part of the problem was that some people hadn't booked using a Redicard & so didn't get the room requested. According to the desk clerk only Redicard members were guaranteed the room they booked. Don't know if that sort of prioritization occurs at all Red Roof's, but it inconvenienced some guests at this one. (The motel had booked about 20 more Executive King rooms than they actually had.)

I received the room I'd requested - Executive King on the 1'st floor (129). It was typical Red Roof. Just the bare necessities. The blanket on the bed was as thin as it could be, but the bed was comfortable. The TV received a modest number of channels. There were pay per view movies available for $9.99. The room was in good condition, and everything worked. But, the cold water faucet made an awful racket when it was turned on, and I'm sure it was heard in other rooms. The shower was the only disappointment - the spray was very weak and fine. The bath towels were small but reasonably thick & soft.

High speed wireless internet was $10 a day, but they were running a promotion on the Executive King, so it was free. If they're running the promo, you'll need request a 24 hour prepaid card from the desk. I received one for each night. The internet access was reliable and fast. But, the login with the prepaid card was time consuming compared to other hotels.

The front desk staff was exceptional. Very nice folks who did their best with slow computers and the inaccurate descriptions of the rooms they were provided.

The location is very convenient, especially if you're going to the fairgrounds. There are lots of dining options close by. The hotel accepts dogs without an extra charge, and there were a lot of them staying there (including mine). There was plenty of parking, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had problems during the State Fair because the fairgrounds are within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled solo