“The best shrimp salad in town! Super fresh sub rolls”
Review of Wine Merchant

Wine Merchant
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Lutherville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“The best shrimp salad in town! Super fresh sub rolls”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Great Fast Service with a smile. I go out of my way for their subs

Baltimore, Maryland
“good food, BAD service”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I have tried to go to this Deli on several occasions because the food IS really good but the service here is horrendous!!! I've been ignored on several occasions and I've been spoken to in an appropriate manner as well. I JUST tried to go back thinking that it's been awhile since I gave them a chance and was told "if you want to order, THIS is where we order" while be pointed to a deli case bigger than me and 3 STEPS away!!! That's fine, but the way it was said was condescending and downright rude. I am the manager of a Cafe not far from this Deli and I would write up anyone that talked to a customer that way. To make matters worse I believe the gentleman that addressed me was the same "manager" that I complained to about an incident 6 month's ago because I heard him say after I was walking away "that was the guy...". I sincerely hope the owner of the Wine Merchant reads this because I'm amazed that someone should be allowed to treat paying customers in such a way.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank baltobob1
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great selection. Deceivingly large in the inside. It packs great wines and it also houses a deli with high quality...”
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Great selection. Deceivingly large in the inside. It packs great wines and it also houses a deli with high quality choices. Wines tend be marked up more than normal, but overrides the great choices.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I ate here for YEARS as...”
Reviewed January 5, 2008

I ate here for YEARS as a high school student staying late after play rehearsal. Pretty good sandwiches, and I've heard they have a good wine selection too.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A long time staple of the community. Wine Merchant offers consistently delicious deli sandwiches as well as a great...”
Reviewed January 3, 2008

A long time staple of the community. Wine Merchant offers consistently delicious deli sandwiches as well as a great variety of prepared salads, rice pudding, olives and cheeses. Additionally they stock some "off the beaten path" snacks such as local beef jerky and some high-brow treats like tapenade and twisted cheesy bread crisps. They often host small wine tasting events and are very friendly.