“NO Food In Lusby, MD”

Add it.
Jake & Al's Chophouse
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Do not go here to eat. Now if you just want to drink. However, the bar is always standing room only, on the weekends. But if you are looking for food. Lusby is not the place. Sooo SAD.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

More concerned about their bar than the food. Smelled like puke the last time I went. Would not go there again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This used to be one of our favorite places. Sadly, it is not what it was. It used to be a nice quiet bistro with a wall dividing the bar area from the restaurant. Food was great--best fried oysters I've ever had--and service was friendly. Then, they decided to have live entertainment and opened a large opening in the wall between the bar and restaurant. Now, even when there's no band playing, the noise from the bar invades the restaurant. At our last meal, we ordered oysters on the half shell and were told they were "bad" and the restaurant didn't want to serve them. My husband asked if they had fried oysters and was told yes, that they just "come from a can." I remember having the best steak of my life there once, and ordered the tenderloin. It was large but tasteless and overcooked. My husband and son got ribeyes, and they were very fatty. As we sat there trying to have a conversation over the boisterous laughter coming from the bar, we sadly realized that our favorite local place was not our favorite any more. Dinner for four cost $175.00 and was not remotely worth it.

1  Thank Donna L
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Here's the thing about Jake & Al's they have the potential to be amazing. Their food is wonderful, the Chicken Chesapeake is the best I've ever had. However, the service SUCKS! If you visit, you have to go knowing that you're going to be there a looong time! I'd say you should go about hour before you think you'll actually be hungry. Also, the layout of the tables is just...strange.

1  Thank britt_leigh_2
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Took my family to this restaurant when we just moved here. We were trying to find our "new" favorite place closer to our home. We remember our experience like it was yesterday. The hostess took 15-20 mins to seat us... there was NO ONE THERE.(We understand why now). As we stood waiting to be seated we were ready to give up and go... Then as we turned towards the door, our hostess shows up and seats us.
The tables were sticky and not cleaned (all of them) the seats were just as gross. It actually had a hint of bad aroma of staleness or a rotten smell. Our server was hardly ever seen but when we asked about why the tables were not cleaned she said "Huh. I don't know why they're sticky." I got a salad which was huge and it wasn't great. My husband got a cheeseburger that was burnt and nasty. Waited forever for the server to come back to fill drinks, which were never filled our whole time being there. Nor checking up on us to see if we wanted/needed anything else. Finally we paid up and we have never been there again.

We pass this place by every day, the only commotion you see happening from their BIG windows is people at the bar. Not at the dining.
Maybe people like drinking there but not eating there. Meh. XP
NO THANKS!