“Highlight of our trip!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Orleans
Town Hill Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The breakfast was incredible ...... The rooms very comfortable and clean... The hosts were very welcoming... We thoroughly enjoyed meeting other travelers in the comfortable family style room with a fireplace! We would highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary Ann S
There are newer reviews for Town Hill Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Three bros in law biked 60 miles, 1 of the 3 started 18 miles before, so 78 miles for him. Got in late to Bills Place, had some grub and w picked up by Dave and shuttled to the Inn, very beautiful place, hot shower, soft bed, great breakfast and met some very nice people along the way (Dave and Donna - the proprietors and Hugh and Justine, fellow riders 69 & 65). We will be back some day. Finished up 40 miles the next day in Williamsport, MD. Awesome Ride!!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Leeskemae
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

This is one other most pleasant B and B experiences you will ever have. Immaculate, attractive, beautiful rooms, scenic, great location if you want "mountain country". Dave and Donna are great hosts and fantastic cooks ... Unique breakfasts to die for!!! Biking(C & O Canal Trail), canoeing, hiking, quaint towns, antique shopping, Falling Waters, Historic Cumberland, etc. etc . Something for everyone. Right off major highway but up on a hill away from the road.

Regular visitors since 1999 .. And will continue!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had styed there before Dave and Donna took over and thought we would not return. . Now, with Dave and Donna taking care of the place, we enjoyed our stay immensely. The rooms are comfortable. Breakfast is excellent. The B and B is closed to the shooting range of Greenridge State Forest. It was a lovely, relaxing weekend. You can venture out or just sit in the sunroom and read. We will keep returning for our get away and R and R and delicious breakfast. Dave and Donna were great hosts.

Room Tip: If you are a handicapped traveler, room #1 is the closest to the sunroom. I chosed it so that I can...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The inn is a very nice building on top of the mountain with fabulous views from the overlook across the street. Unfortunately it's about 7 miles uphill from the bike trail. They do have someone that will drive down to the trail with a trailer to bring you and the bike up (for a fee), but in the process they came very close to damaging my bike, so I rode it down to the trail in the morning. As for the accommodations, I think it depends on what you're looking for. The bed was comfortable, the rooms pretty, but the walls are paper thin. I heard every word said within 20-30 feet of my room. The bathroom fixtures are vintage 1950-something I believe. Complete with the rust and corrosion on faucets and surfaces and the heavy smell of iron in the water. I had a room with a tub but no shower. They had a hand held shower attached to the faucet, but no shower curtain and when you turned on the water the hose blew off the faucet anyway. No clock in the room - bring your own alarm if you need one, and as with most B&Bs no phone or tv, but most aren't looking for that when they choose a B&B. The hall light was on all night and there's a glass transom over the door to the room, so the room was lit like daytime all night. For me, personally, it was a little hard to sleep. The food served was very nice. They had a huge, commercial kitchen and set out desserts in the evening and a very nice breakfast in the morning. The owners were out of town, but the lady running it for them was very nice and tried very hard to make it all wonderful for everyone. Bikes had to remain outside in an unsecured location. I really don't think they're set up or located well for people using the C&O trail for a biking trip. For other trips this may be perfect for those who don't mind the feel of sleeping in your grandmother's (great-grandmothers?) spare room. I believe that's exactly what a lot of people are looking for in a B&B and this one is a spectacular old building with lovely furniture and landscaping. It is, however very pricey.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank RetiredinPA2
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Riding the tow path from MD to DC, we made our overnight stay at Town Hill B&B. This set the bar for the rest of our trip. The owners were away and Mary was in control in their absence. Mary was GREAT!! Mary shuttled a total of 7 people and 7 bikes to the Inn. We were able to hose off the bikes because of previous rain and mud on them. The bikes were secure and under a pavillion during the night. Mary could not have been more attentive and helpful! The rooms were clean and comfortable. The Inn has beautiful hills and scenic views. The food....well I can't say enough about how DELICIOUS it was. I am sorry I cannot recall the cooks name , but her food was first class all the way. None of our other stays along the tow path measured up to this one.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David K
Reviewed October 31, 2011

For decades, off and off I have driven by the Town Hill Inn and watched it go from a beautiful hotel to a decaying ruin. In October, my wife and I spent a night at the refurbished Town Hill and found it a pleasant, if not fully gratifying experience. We arrived early for an event there that we were attending. As a consequence we were able to spend some time with the owner who had brought the hotel back to life, beautifully and with many intersting touches. He was gracious, as was his wife. It wasn't a particularly pleasant day, weatherwise, so we weren't able to take advantage of what to be inviting grounds around the Inn. The room was little less accommodating than I had hoped, given that I booked the most expensive room in the inn. Not bad, but I just expected more for the money. The sunroom was very nice, as was the communal sitting room with a huge fireplace and a TV. The dining room was nicely appointed. I can't comment on the regular menu as our group was provided with a buffet selction. It was fine, but I suspect the menu items are probably better. When they announced that they would provide breakfast for those in our group spending the night, I was a little shocked that we'd have to pay $19.95 for it. Bed and what? I kind of assumed that the fee included breakfast at a Bed and Breakfast. I'm sorry to say that really colored my thoughts of ever going back. But, I'd still recommend it with the suggestion that you drive into nearby Hancock and have a hearty breakfast for half the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank calabriavince
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Orleans
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn
Best Western Berkeley Springs In...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Cacapon Resort State Park
Cacapon Resort State Park
#3 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
#3 of 4 in Cumberland

Been to Town Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!