“This is a very nice place.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Orleans
Little Orleans Lodge
Reviewed April 23, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for two nights last weekend, and quite enjoyed ourselves. The room and bathroom were clean and well-appointed, and we had two of the best breakfasts we've had in years. Steve, the owner, is friendly and a font of knowledge on the area and the local flora and fauna, and quite willing to go the extra mile in showing us the area and offering rides.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe_Drake

Reviewed March 9, 2009

I made a reservation at the Little Orleans Lodge for a bike trip along the C&O Canal planned for summer 2009. The man asked for my credit card and said he would charge a $20 deposit per person (there will be 6 of us) - I probably should have seen a red flag there. Later in the week I read a TripAdvisor review of the Lodge which stated that it was very dirty and should be closed down by the Maryland Health Dept., so I decided to cancel my reservation and find other accomodations. One week to the day from the date I made the reservation, I called to cancel. The man refused to take my cancellation and refused to refund my deposit. I reminded him that his website says nothing about a cancellation policy, that none of the other places I've reserved for our Pittsburgh to DC trip required a deposit (only a credit card to secure, not to be charged until we arrive), and that he had only had the reservation for 1 week and has almost 4 months left to rent the rooms. He was very rude and still refused to refund my deposit. I have filed a complaint with the Maryland Better Business Bureau, but readers, be warned if you try to book a room at the Little Orleans Lodge!

Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank Momdsl
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I picked this hotel because of a bike trip on the C & O Canal, sight unseen. I was charged $90 upon booking the one night stay over the phone. Upon arrival I was dismayed to see the place, but having nowhere else to stay I remained. The place is a retired man's house, that he has expanded to include a couple of rooms. In every room in the house (including all the purported guest rooms) there was junk piled on every flat surface, including his personal toilterties, half completed constructions projects, construction tools, numerous nonworking airconditioners, and hundreds of other items. If a person had a choice of lodging, they would not stay at this place at any price. The health department of the State of Maryland should close this establishment. On top of paying the $90 for a room for which there should be no charge, I was charged $40 for the night. Both the proprietor and I had forgotten that I had already paid $90 for the room.

For all subsequent bike travelers on the C & O Canal, be aware of the condition of this man's house and his penchant for overcharging and double charging.

A C & O Canal Bike Traveler

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank JJames740

Been to Little Orleans Lodge? Share your experiences!