“Great food, "Old Baltimore" atmosphere”
Review of Snyder's Willow Grove - MOVED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Snyder's Willow Grove
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East & West Nursery Rd.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've been eating at Snyder's for years. The place is an institution in our area. It still has a gracious and somewhat formal decor, which is why I refer to it as "old Baltimore."

The food, especially the shrimp salad and the soft crabs, is tasty and reliable. The shrimp isn't smothered with mayo, and, like any true Baltimore restaurant, Snyder's knows how to fix a soft crab correctly - ask for it very lightly battered.

Snyder's also has good steaks and other seafood, such as salmon. The portions are quite large. The port wine and crackers are there every time, and I've generally found the servers to be friendly. The soups are varied and imaginative. Really, this is a very satisfying place to eat and I plan to keep patronizing it.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been to Snyders quite a few times, always with others, and have always had excellent food and service for everyone. The Sangria and fried oysters are the best I have ever had anywhere.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

On our recent visit to my wife's grandfather, he took us to Snyder's, his favorite restaurant, for lunch. We all had crab in one form or another - they had crab soup and we had crab cakes. Mine was a sandwich, just a perfect crabcake on some nice marble rye bread and a leaf of lettuce and some fresh tartar sauce. Really good.

We always joke about how restaurants in other parts of the country, including New York City, offer "Maryland Crab Cakes" and they don't know what they're talking about. Well, anyone who likes seafood should make a point to visit Maryland - even a restaurant as modest and home-y as Snyder's is going to make some crab to knock your socks off.

The service is also great - people just so naturally friendly doing their thing. What a great lunch we had there!

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Our group of six was served very attentively and efficiently. Everyone got seafood but I know the steaks are always delicious too. Not a lot of frills, but consistently excellent food. We ate in the dining room, but the lounge is great for lite fare like crab soup and grilled cheese!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We enjoyed the crab soup and the lunch! The service was great! The dining area is very elegant! You must try this restaurant for lunch or dinner!