No photo provided
Snyder's Willow Grove
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East & West Nursery Rd.
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We have dinner here every year when visiting Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. This year was no exception. My husband and I shared a "queen cut" of Prime Rib, which was 'melt in your mouth' perfection. With salad, baked potatoes & veggies, we were full.

My husband loves the port wine cheddar and crackers at the start of the meal. Our server was friendly and helpful, there when we needed something, and unobtrusively checking to make sure all was well. We look forward to this every year and have not been disappointed yet.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Went Sunday, April 15 and ordered the crab cakes. I figured since most restaurants give you tiny ones I ordered two. I could only eat one and thought it was tasty. The waitress (Nicole) was fabulous and made sure we didn't need anything and cleared the table often. Stop by if you are in the area. The decor is great and makes me feel like I'm getting some of Grandma's cooking. The daily specials were inexpensive and looked fabulous. Would recommend this one.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Ate dinner here with my elderly father, we both had the filet mignon. It was very good, moist, and tender. We were going to have prime rib, but there was a rush earlier in the evening and they ran out. That's a good sign! The seasoning was very good, but could have been a bit stronger. The green beans were seasoned very well and not overcooked - still a bit crunchy. The service is very nice - friendly waitresses, but not overbearing. Like some others have said, it was almost like places I went when a young child. The decor is like this also. I rated the atmosphere so high, because it was so nostalgic.

Most dishes are in the $15 to $25 range.

I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Snyder's serves the kind of meal that was prevalent 50 years ago--large quantities of good food without fancy ingredients.
I had the small prime rib which filled my plate and was tasty if fatty. The accompaniments were a non-descript caesar salad, a baked potato, and very good pickled beets.
The wait staff was friendly and service seemed completely adequate.

2  Thank Ghost
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Went with a group of 15. From the beginning to the end, this was a disappointment. My steak was the worst I have ever had and one of the folks asked for his steak medium rare...it was so well done that he had to send it back. The service was also poor...the staff does not seem like they care...no enthusiasm...no passion. Would suggest any other place than this one.

1  Thank Curtis P