“great hotel, great service”

Courtyard Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I have stayed at this property a couple of times and have been pleased. I stayed here pre and post flight out of BWI. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly ( even at the time of days that I was coming and going :) I tried their restaurant. I chose the caesar wrap and chips- good food and considering it was a hotel not that overpriced. If I come through BWI again I would choose this property. I especially appreciated the airport shuttle. Just keep in mind that it does run regularly but you my have to be patient at the airport while you are waiting.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 4, 2009

We needed a place to stay close to BWI Airport after our redeye flight arrived, so we chose the Courtyard BWI. This hotel was just as expected. Clean, comfortable and a no-frills airport hotel.

This hotel is very close to BWI so it is convenient if you are traveling into the Baltimore / D.C. area. The hotel feels a bit secluded as it is surrounded by lots of trees and a residential neighborhood. I found the parking lot to be very dark and not very well-lit. There is ample free parking, however.

The bed was way too soft and "mushy" for my tastes and I could not get comfortable. The mattress has one of those memory foam toppers on top that supposedly conform to your body's curves. But to me it was very uncomfortable. The pillows were also way too soft for my comfort zone. I woke up feeling stiff, not refreshed.

A huge plus is that the hotel offers FREE wireless internet access. This is SUCH a nice amenity!

The room was very clean, fairly spacious, and comfortable for a night. Basically, this is just your standard airport hotel and is perfectly fine for what it is.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Flying out the next day, wanted a property close to BWI. Timely shuttle service, friendly staff,very clean and excellent rates.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2008

We usually stay at the large regular BWI Marriott, but took advantage of a pay-ahead rate to stay here instead. This is a wonderful place! The lobby has recently (within the last month) been renovated: large on-wall touch screen computer display of weather, flight info; booth seating with built-in televisions; a very large food area with food selections, wine, beer, coffee barista bar; dedicated computer stations; separate computers for boarding pass/check in use; and wireless internet throughout. It is apparently one of the first Courtyard's in the country to feature this renovated look. The room was equally large and comfortable. The pool and jacuzzi were in excellent shape but do both only open at 5p, so no chance of afternoon or early morning swims. There is an exercise room with two DVD enabled treadmills and other equipment. Given that we always dine out (nearby at the Elkridge Furnace Inn) when we are here, I don't think we'd ever bother staying at the regular Marriott, which admittedly has a tired restaurant (closed on Sundays) and a sports bar, (for $100+ more) again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank andrew02459
Reviewed February 4, 2008

We had a great stay!! We were in Baltimore for a cheerleading competititon at the convention center. It took us less then 15 mintues to get there. The hotel is in a great location and is easy to find. Hotel staff was very accomadating. Room was just the right size for 2 adults and 2 children. Refrigerator was delivered as soon as we requested it and the same when we requested more towels! The children had a great time in the indoor pool, it was a little cool, but they had the whole thing to themselves. Had breakfast both mornings in the cafe and it was great, the waitress was so nice to the children. I would definitely stay here again, so convenient to the Inner Harbor.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2007

Great location next to two major highways. Easy access to Baltimore and right down the street from G & M Restaurant (great place for crab cakes). Nice room, but no refrigerator. Good exercise room.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed November 12, 2006

My family stayed here on November 10th & 11th. We were very pleased with the accommodations. It was very clean and the staff was very nice. I went looking for a paper on Saturday morning and they were out since the hotel was full. They promptly went out and bought some more and delivered one to my room.
My daughters utilized the pool and hot tub on Friday night and again on Saturday night. They keep a lifeguard on duty, which is rare for such a small facility, so that was refreshing.
Would I stay here again? YES.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business