Very convenient to the airport, but the area is not congested at all, which is nice for traffic but also means there isn't a huge selection to choose from if you need a restaurant or other retail service.
The little market area, Starbucks and Bistro were typical of what they have in all Courtyards now. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean. However, you can tell that while it's been recently renovated to look like the newer Courtyards, it is an older building. There were obvious patchmarks on our bathroom ceiling and in fact the bathroom itself was unusually small. The curved shower road was installed a bit too close to the wall, so at it's widest point the curtain was sufficiently far away, but at the narrower points, it wasn't. The bed and linens weren't as comfortable as those I've had in the newer hotels and there were no extra blankets or pillows provided (though some were brought by request). The AC didn't cool as effectively as most rooms I've had lately.
Our standard request (foam pillows + extra pillows) was not fulfilled here; it's not a problem for us but it is always interesting to see if that is taken care of our not.
The indoor pool and hot tub were nicer than many - the pool was a bit bigger, there was a (friendly) lifeguard on duty, and there were towels provided on each of the many chairs. Even nicer was the fact that there was a wheelchair lift for both the pool and the hot tub, making them handicap accessible. We don't require that, so I can't comment on how well they worked or if staff is trained to operate them, but it was nice to see.
By biggest gripe is one that I've experienced at almost every hotel I've stayed at this year, across several brands and price points: the wireless internet is barely functional. Here, it ran so slowly that pages would time out instead of loading, and would occasionally disconnect. I don't know if hotels' routers haven't kept pace with technology, but it is something - especially at a place like Courtyard, which markets itself as a place for businesspeople - that needs to be corrected.
The business center looked nice, but even there, the (presumably, wired) internet was totally inadequate.
The price was quite reasonable for a clean, rather comfortable hotel that is convenient and has friendly service. However, there is room for improvement. Overall, I might stay there again if I found myself in the area, but I could also be swayed to one of the numerous nearby properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll find that the new state-of-the-art lobby at our Courtyard Baltimore BWI Airport hotel provides greater flexibility and choice. Located just minutes from Baltimore Washington International Airport, our new lobby features inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. Plus, experience The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. The Bistro provides healthy offerings in the morning, plus dinner service with cocktail selections in the evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard Baltimore BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Baltimore Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Courtyard Linthicum
- Courtyard Hotel Linthicum
- Linthicum Courtyard
- Linthicum Marriott