My wife and I went to visit a friend in Philadelphia. Unfortunately, after having a great day we were late (horrible Philly traffic in the middle of the day Saturday) getting back to the airport to catch the last flight home. Stand-by seats the next morning would be bad, so we drove down to Baltimore to fly out of there in the morning. We quickly needed to find a hotel in the BWI area, (most of them are good mid-grade hotels). A look on hotels.com revealed prices around $130 and several bids hovering around $50 to $60 didn't work on priceline.com. As we were decided to just drive down and take our chances an Express Deal popped up and I grabbed it at $62.
It turned out to be the Courtyard by Marriott BWI. I'd stayed at the Sheraton BWI four weeks earlier with my 90 year old mother, on our last fun trip together before she passed away. So I knew the Courtyard was just around the corner, less than 5 minutes from the airport. I miss her, so much!!
The hotel is clustered among similar quality hotels surrounded by small business parks, including an enormous aerospace facility. West Nursery Road and Elkridge Landing will take you to the airport. 2.5 miles away. You can also get to the Inner Harbor from here in about 15 minutes.
There are not a lot of restaurants nearby. However, there is a Bob Evans breakfast restaurant (3 out of 5 star food quality) and since our visit to the Sheraton, a new Cracker Barrell restaurant is being built fast, (usually 5 out of 5 stars).
Basically looks like a typical Courtyard, nothing special there. However, the parking lot on the side could use a little bit more lighting.
It could have been more brightly lit.
Whoa, it is one of the new remodeled style interiors we experienced at the Courtyard Grand Sandestin, in Destin, Florida. It is very colorful, with strong colors, nice spacing, good furniture and a business area with three large screen computers. There is a separate station with two computers specifically setup for creating boarding passes.
Welcoming and responsive. They handled a lot of activity for the Capital Jazz Festival which was going that weekend (a reason for the high unusual high prices in the area).
I went, "Whoa", when I saw it, for it was also quite colorful and bright. Red and earth tones seem to be the dominant color, but it it blended in well with all of the other colors. More importantly, my wife liked it and said, "this is great", and she is much harder to please. Carpeting looked good, nice size combination desk-tv stand-work area. Wallpaper, painting, etc., all looked good and very new.
It was not one of those plush super soft, hold me in splendor type beds. But it was still good and we slept well.
Was good with no rusted surfaces, torn or worn facilities, stains or the like. It was kind of small when viewing it from the perspective of a wheelchair having to move around in it.
The safe in the room would not lock, so we had to keep our valuables with us when we went exploring the Inner Harbor in the morning before our flight.
The wi-fi in the room was pretty strong and was complimentary. In the lobby the wi-fi was much faster and stronger.
My question is always did I get value?
At a $90 price-point I would consider it good. However, at $72 (with taxes), I considered this an very good hotel stay spot.
TIP: Since my wife had never been to the Inner Harbor, I got her up early to get over there. 1) Before about 9am, there is hardly any crowd in the area, so you have much easier accessibility. 2) That time of morning you can usually find some free parking about 10 minutes walk away on Aliceanna Street, between S. Carolina and S. Broadway. 3) There's a breakfast restaurant on Aliceanna St., that has a good breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll find that the new state-of-the-art lobby at our Courtyard Baltimore BWI Airport hotel provides greater flexibility and choice. Located just minutes from Baltimore Washington International Airport, our new lobby features inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. Plus, experience The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. The Bistro provides healthy offerings in the morning, plus dinner service with cocktail selections in the evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Courtyard Baltimore BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Baltimore Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Courtyard Linthicum
- Courtyard Hotel Linthicum
- Linthicum Marriott
- Linthicum Courtyard