“Stay over before early flight”

Courtyard Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Virginia
“Stay over before early flight”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night before we had an early flight out of BWI.

We got to the hotel very late but the front desk kept open the free snack bar so we had the option to grab something if we liked.

We told the front desk our purpose for staying and that we would need an early shuttle to the airport for our flight. In the morning we were able to grab a breakfast to go and then caught the shuttle and our plane with no problems.

What stuck out to me the most about this hotel was we left our car at the hotel for the duration of our trip and when we came back to the hotel to head home, the hotel personnel noticed us packing up our car and they invited us in for breakfast at the hotel since we had been staying there before our trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jjcoop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Yorktown Heights, New York
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The hotel was very nice and modern, like all Courtyard Marriotts that I've been too. But this hotel was not very close to the train station I arrived on Amtrak and had to take a taxi to the hotel which cost over $35. I was told that I could have opted to take a shuttle from the train station to the airport, and then take that hotel van to the hotel, but that would have taken a considerable amount of time. It is also about a 20 minute cab ride to downtown so keep that in mind when booking.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The downside to the Courtyards is that they do not serve a continental breakfast, so you have to order what you would like from the lobby counter.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Stayed for 1 evening. Checkin was quick and friendly. Welcomed as a Platinum Member and offered a choice of points or gift. Thanked for being so loyal. Hotel has been renovated with the new Courtyard Lobby. I really like them and the fact that you can get some decent food.

Room was renovated with everything I need. Lots of power outlets all over the place, working internet, great bed and working TV.

Only negative - someone had smoked in the room and there was still a pretty strong smell... wish housekeeping would have noticed this and done something. Would have given a 5 start rating otherwise.

Would stay here again for sure though.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank sjhanlon
North East, Maryland
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel accommodated out needs rather well. The only issue was that it is not much around. And hotel food as we all know is rather expensive. Bed was comfortable, workers very friendly and check-in and out were a breeze. Plenty of free parking. If you are going to use the airport it is very close to BWI-Thurgood Marshall. I booked thru priceline name your own price so, didn't mind the low cost at all.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Khall102
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard BWI a handful of times this year and I must say I am looking forward to the ongoing renovations to the property.

I enjoy my stays at the property and have encountered few problems. The staff in all departments have always been courteous and polite throughout my stays, with the exception of one employee in the maintenance department. The rooms are always clean and amenities replenished by the housekeeping department. The work area in the room is spacious and the balconies are a nice touch to the property.

I have only encountered a few problems. During one of my stays, I was put in a connecting room - which does not have the insulation that the non-connecting rooms have. I was able to hear the guest in the other room quite clearly, even though they were only speaking at a normal volume. I also had a problem with my door lock, which a maintenance worker came to fix immediately.

The shuttles are often unpredictable. Since they stop at many other Marriott properties and BWI airport, sometimes there will be multiple shuttles arriving within five minutes, and other times you have to wait 30-45 minutes for one to show up.

I also wish they had more selection at the restaurant for various dietary restrictions.

Otherwise, the rooms are very clean and spacious, there is plenty of parking, and the staff is friendly and hospitable.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-connecting room, unless you need it when traveling with a group. Also, ask for one of...