All reviews front desk home away from home full kitchen living area bwi airport inner harbor easy access comfortable rooms baltimore danielle fireplace shuttle television flight lodging refrigerator driver
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

This is my first stay at this hotel and I liked it. I travel for work regularly, spending about 200 nights a year in various hotels.

Pros:
1. Very comfortable rooms....this is an “extended stay” sort of hotel where the room is much like a studio apartment.
2. Large, full kitchen with cooktop, microwave and coffee maker (suggestion: upgrade to a Keurig.)
3. Nice fitness room.
4. Good breakfast (we arrived early enough to catch the tail end of it.)
5. No traffic noise and only a little airport noise.
6. Short walk to small strip mall with Chic Fil A and a couple other eateries. Slightly longer (but doable) walk to a larger restaurant.

Cons: None noted.

I would stay at this hotel on personal travel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2018

We didn't spend a lot of time at our hotel but we would have enjoyed it if we had enough time. We arrived late in the evening after a very long, stressful day. My husband was able to check us in without me having to walk in (I was physically and mentally exhausted with an excruciating headache). The room was spacious with a TV that swiveled to face the living area or the bed, and the kitchen area had everything you needed to buy a few groceries and make an affordable dinner or meal-to-go if that's how you prefer to travel. We also checked out at a time that I believe no human should have to be awake and they were still so gracious. We loved finding southern hospitality in the middle of Maryland.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2018

We were in town for a Yankee game. Rooms near stadium were sooo expensive. We found a large 2 bedroom (plus pull out couch) room for under 300$ for Saturday night. Less than 1/2 price of what we would have paid near stadium. 20$ Uber ride got us to stadium, so location was fine for us. Room size was fine. Front desk guy was nice.

I am not very fussy or snooty, but our room was tired/dark/yucky. Carpet was stained, fridge had dents, wooden furniture was nicked up, couch had stains, pillow cases had stains!! We were only there one night but I know lots of people that would have turned around and left. I chose to try not to imagine all the people who came before us, and go to sleep.

As I said - I'm not overly fussy. All hotels reach a point when they need a major overhaul/makeover. I my opinion, it is time for this place to get one.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Jordan C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear loumsrea,

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your feedback. As we pride ourselves first and foremost on guest service, I am very pleased to hear you had such a nice welcome from the front desk staff. Regarding the room, I am excited to tell you that we are beginning a full hotel renovation starting in November. We hope you will be able to come back again later this year to stay in one of our brand-new rooms. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to offer your feedback.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night here after going to ballgame at Camden Yards. Convenient to the stadium and inner harbor. Check in was nice and welcoming. Bed was good but room was a little dated. Dirty shower curtain and ceiling near a/c. A/C was directed at the bed and loud! Had to turn it off. Noise from upstairs room was terrible. I don’t mean party like, foot steps and plumbing. It is an airport hotel so people leave VERY early! Lots of other comparable hotels in the area.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Phil335

Dear Phil335,

Thank you very much for your response. I am very glad to hear you found the staff accommodating and the hotel location convenient. Regarding the state of the room, I am excited to tell you that we are beginning a full hotel renovation starting in November. We hope you will be able to come back again soon to stay in one of our brand-new rooms. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to offer your feedback.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2018

I spent a week at this Residence Inn and was overall pleased. It’s a safe area, the staff is friendly, the grounds are in good shape, and there’s a decent amount of suburban-style dining options in a roughly one-mile radius. There’s also a movie theater within walking distance, which gave me an entertainment option on a night when I felt like leaving the car behind.

Rooms are a good size, with a full refrigerator and kitchen. I tend to buy a pint or two of ice cream when I’m away from home (hey, don’t judge), so having a freezer was especially handy in that case.

The hotel is extremely close to BWI, but also easy access to the local highway system for anything that would take you into the city or elsewhere around the area.

The complimentary breakfast is pretty standard fare for this hotel category. Nothing fancy, but all the basics one would need.

Definitely recommended for business travelers or those on a layover to elsewhere. I’ve stayed at three hotels in this area in the past month alone, and this was my favorite of the three.

Date of stay: July 2018