“Great location and stay”

Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
massachusetts
“Great location and stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2009

This is actually my second stay here. I stayed here over the Christmas break and as I'm swinging back through, decided to stay a couple more days.

Great hotel for pet owners. Which is why I booked here. The pet fee is a one time non-refundable of $75. Since I'm staying on reward points, to be honest, I have no clue what the room rate is. But the pet fee is fine considering I have 2 cats that have complete run of my room.

I have found the rooms clean and quiet. The maid service is great and the front desk staff extremely helpful. The dinner offered Monday through Thursday is good. The breakfast offered every day is also great. The food is plentiful and tasty.

The exercise room is nice and rarely is it being used. I did call once to have the temperature lowered because it was really hot and someone came over right away. Unfortunately, the temperature control is based on the hallway which has direct access to an outside door, so it is hard to regulate the exercise room temperature.

The rooms themselves are nice: free internet (as I type this), large kitchen for at least 2 adults to move about, great bathroom, vanity area is nice, and the small living room is a plus. The bed it comfortable but I am allergic to certain pillows. I'm not sure if they have feathers. With 5 pillows, I just move them out of the way.

Room temperature is controlled by digital thermostat and works really well. As does the stove top, refrigerator, dishwasher, and garbage disposal.

The only drawback...need to have WiFi instead of cable. I'd like to surf the net while in bed. Just for convenience.

Having lived in Maryland for 7 years and knowing the area, this hotel is really convenient to everything. The large Arundel Mill Mall is right around the corner, as is UMBC, Columbia, Baltimore Inner Harbor.

To give you an idea of how convenient this hotel is, I drove to Centreville, VA in about 1 hour and 30 minutes one day. It is right on the express way and gets you to 295, 95, 29, 70, and the DC beltway fast!

• Liked — Quiet
  • Disliked — Internet cable
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2008

We chose this hotel because they had 2 bath / 2 bedroom suites at a rate cheaper than 2 1 bedroom rooms, and there were four adults on this trip. The week before our arrival, I received a call from the hotel saying that that room was not available, but they gave us 2 one bedroom suites at the same rate, so no problem.

The hotel is in a corporate hotel area, many hotels in a row, but not much else in the immediate vicinity besides some fast food and a Red Robin. Easy on/off freeway location and easy to find. Check in was quick and easy, our room were pretty spacious, with a well equipped kitchenette. I was a bit surprised that neither of our rooms had a suitcase butler. A minor quibble, but it makes unpacking easier and keeps the suitcase off the floor.

My brother went to the front desk to get driving directions to the Washington DC mall and monuments – big shock – the front desk staff had a map, but could not tell him how to get there! I was also surprised there were no touristy brochures or info in the rooms or lobby area. I used to live in DC and was able to guide my brother just fine, but very odd.

That first night was not the best, the bed was not very comfortable and the AC unit kept me awake even though I had earplugs in. I turned off the unit and the room remained cool all night and I got some sleep. The noise did not bother my husband, but he can sleep through most anything.

Breakfast was very good, from oatmeal to eggs and waffles. Staff kept things stocked and the tables clean. The rooms and grounds were all well maintained and clean. The lobby computer was not very useful; it kept freezing up and was limited to where it could go. Again, we had our own laptop and the wireless connection was free and reliable. (I just like to check things out).

More puzzlement that evening, my brother wanted to drive into Baltimore (I had gone to bed early again), the front desk staff tried to be helpful and guide him, but were not well prepared to deal with tourist type questions. We usually stay in cheaper hotels like Comfort Inns and I was expecting something a little better from a Marriott.

• Liked — Clean, free breakfast, free internet
  • Disliked — No tourist information or staff knowledge of the area
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katdog
Canton OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

We traveled with my sister's family to visit our son in college in Baltimore. Definitely a two-bedroom suite for $199 per night beat prices for two rooms anywhere else, with the bonus of a full kitchen, two bathrooms and a pull-out sofa for her two kids.

We usually stay north of the city in the White Marsh area, so were worried about the area around the airport being a longer drive. The location turned out to be excellent with easy access to the city and minimal traffic on the weekend, although there weren't a lot of restaurants around the hotels. We did not hear any airplane noise.

The breakfast was outstanding--our travel companions said it was the best they'd had, not just the usual cold fare but make-your-own waffles, hot eggs, hot oatmeal, etc. Service was great, beds and shower very comfortable.

Our only negative experience was booking a rollaway cot when reserving the room which was confirmed by e-mail...then arriving at the property to find they do not own rollaways. It was their own website "about this property" that said they DO. The clerk claimed they are a fire hazard, ridiculous since I got one at the last Baltimore stay at a Ramada. My niece and nephew were less than thrilled with sharing the sofa bed with a sibling of another gender, and since we were not informed ahead of time we did not bring him a sleeping bag. No effort was made to discount the room for our inconvenience, but today I was sent an online survey about our stay and perhaps I'll hear back from Marriott about the incident.

• Liked — price, suite layout, location
  • Disliked — no rollaway cot on checkin as promised during reservation
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank brownsherie
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2006

I needed to spend a night in a hotel close to BWI for an early morning flight. The only hotels that had free shuttles were around $150-$200/night. I selected this hotel because I only needed to use 10,000 Marriott points for a free night.

I was only in this hotel for 10 hours or so and most of the time was sleeping. The hotel was clean and front desk staff was nice. I took the hotel shuttle to/from the airport and it was clean and nearly on-time (the shuttle was a little late bringing us to the airport). The Residence Inn breakfast is great and FREE! It includes eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc.

The only issue I had is the hotel only has wired internet and no Wi-Fi.

I recommend staying in the hotel and will stay here again if in the area.

Tip: If you are staying at any of the Marriott hotels in the area (they all use the same shuttle), give the hotel your staying at a call and tell them you are waiting for the shuttle. I was told by the front desk person that this is the best way to ensure you get picked up quickly.

• Liked — Free BWI shuttle
  • Disliked — No Wi-Fi
  • Tips/Secrets — See my review
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cohusker
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2006

This airport hotel feels more like home than any other I have ever stayed at!

The staff is very friendly and helpful. And they make you feel welcome and even plan special events for guests like me who are staying for an extended period of time. Superbowl night there was a party with snacks in the lobby and the game on the big screen. On valentines day they gave each room a bag of choclates, and the evening snack was more of a meal -- with linen tablecloths and candles!

The wooded setting is pretty and makes you forget you're by an urban airport.

The breakfast buffet has great variety. Guests are also spoiled with free newspapers and magazines.

Housekeeping is very friendly but hard to communicate with because of language barriers. They do a good job but are sometimes inconsistent - somedays I get soap, new coffee, a towel- and somedays I don't. No big deal.

I will always choose this hotel. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank Bay5
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2005

This Residence Inn is standard for the brand: well-laid out, well kept-up and so forth. It's close to the airport in and around dozens of other hotels, but is situated near some woods and a ravine and therefore has somewhat more charm than one expects from an airport hotel.

The standout characteristic from our visit was the staff. Someone has done an excellent job training them to deal with guests and it shows. When we arrived a lady with two little dogs was at the front desk asking for not only more coffee bags (for the in room coffee machine) but also some real milk rather than creamer. The clerk at the desk took it all in very positively and even went herself around to the breakfast area, got some real milk, and brought it back to the lady.

We were checked in early with no problem.

At midnight we discovered we had no sheets for the sofabed. I called down. The clerk immediately said: "I apologize sir, and I'll have the security man bring you some immediately", which he did within 5 minutes.

All in all, i would highly recommend staying here if you have business in or around BWI simply to reward the staff and management for a job well done.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank newjerseyreporter
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2005

I stayed at this property for 3 weeks along with my family in a 2 bedroom suite. I just dont have enough words to praise almost everything in this place. Starting from a warm welcome at check in to the excellent breakfast which included many hot items and the 4 day a week evening snacks which was actually more of a lite dinner. There was free high speed internet in the rooms. The area itself is beautiful and it just takes 15 minutes of a drive to the downtown area. The housekeeping staff were so nice as were the front desk staff. The only negative point is the size of the bedrooms which were quite tiny actually and barely took 1 queen bed. We had to place a crib/ baby cot for our infant and it literally blocked out all walking space next to the bed. Nevertheless , I have absolutely no hesitation in returning again to this property or to recommend it to anyone visiting the Baltimore area.

Stayed June 2005