“Disappointed in quality of room”

Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for (4) days over Christmas. We were disappointed in the size of the room as well as the cleanliness of the kitchen pots and pans in. On past business trips I have stayed at these hotels and have been very pleased with the cleanliness and size of the living quarters. The kitchen had a sponge for washing dishes but no soap. There was a dishwasher but you shouldn't have to run the dishwasher every time you fix a meal. In past experiences the kitchen contained an oven whereas this kitchen had only two stovetop burners.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
BWIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Hello Dennis5062,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott BWI Airport for your lodging needs during the Christmas holidays. I hope you and your friends and family enjoyed the time spent with each other. Additionally, thank for the feedback regarding the size and cleanliness of your suite. We are very sorry and disappointed the stay and your accommodations did not meet your needs. I have forwarded the issues you mentioned to our housekeeping team for follow-up. Please allow us another opportunity to serve you during your next trip to Baltimore. You may want to consider our spacious two-bedroom suite during the next trip.

Best regards and a Happy 2014!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here for 5 weeks last July and early August. Nothing bad can be said about this place. Only rave reviews. The staff helped this country girl learn how to catch an Amtrak, taught me how to navigate the Harbor traffic and the shuttle service was always on time. Oh, I can't forget. The lady who serves the breakfasts and dinners is too precious for words. Don't forget to tip her :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gonein321
BWIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport during your trip to “Charm City”. It sounds like you did a pretty good job of getting to know the Baltimore transportation options. Hopefully, you took in some of the unique sights and experiences of the area. Please don’t hesitate to come back and see us during your next trip. I will certainly share your feedback with team!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

From March - October 2013 I did a long term stay at this hotel. Trenton (Mgr) and Steven (Asst Mgr) provided the best stay I could have imagined. The housekeeping staff was excellent and always available when needed. The cook staff was superb. Although I could have cooked my own food in the room, I enjoyed talking with them at 5:30 AM. The front desk staff was the best I have ever engaged with over the past four years of traveling. Thank you for making me feel right a home. I truly look forward to staying their in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so very much for the feedback! It is always difficult to say goodbye to our long term guest after building great relationships and serving their unique needs throughout the stay. Please stop by and visit during your next trip to Baltimore. We look forward to the visit!!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel is excellent. We recommend it highly.The staff was unfailingly friendly and helpful. The property itself is wonderfully cared for and the room appeared to have been recently refurbished. It was a step up from even most other Residence Inns in design and appearance.Breakfast was typical but again the staff in the dining room were excellent. Parking was plentiful and well lit. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: No special tips but the hotel seems well soundproofed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ron D
BWIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Ron D,

Thank so much for the outstanding comments regarding your recent stay with us. We take a lot pride in our attempt to exceed the expectations of our guests and to provide them with a service experience they can fondly remember. From your feedback, it sounds like we certainly fulfilled that promise. We look forward to your next visit! Thank you again for your continued loyalty.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Residence Inn is my favorite Marriott branded hotel because the rooms are always huge and comfortable and they serve a light dinner during the week along with breakfast - always included in the price. The courtyard at this property is very nicely manicured with a pool (even though it was 90 degrees it was closed and covered), a basketball court, and a nice sitting area. No fire pit, which would be nice here. Very close to the airport and rental car return facility. If you have to go to BWI, sorry. But it's at least a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
BWIGM, Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for your continued loyalty and allowing Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport to provide you with a great place to stay. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be passed onto our associates.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Let's start out by saying my last Tripadvisor review was for another Residence Inn and I raved about it. Not this property though. I arrived late after struggling to find the right place to get the airport shuttle. Did I mention I called the hotel and they told me stand in a place that way under construction. The shuttle finally came. it was shared between the Marriott, the Courtyard by Marriott and the Residence Inn.

When I checked in, realizing the late hour, went straight to the Marriott marketplace vending. When I reached for a bottle of beer, i was told they can't sell beer after 1100p. Then I found out they didn't really have any food items other than a microwaveable pasta dinner and some chips.

I was given a map and told to go out of the building, follow a path and go into a back building. When I got to my room, I found I was given a 2 bedroom suite. Which was nice, but I noticed that the total square footage was about the same as the 1 bedroom units I usually get. The extra bedroom came at the cost of a much smaller living room area. For example, there was not work desk. i had to plug my computer into the kitchen counter.

To top it off, I found out that instead of getting a hotel shuttle to the nearby BWI Amtrak station, which is 1.5 miles away like most of the other BWI hotels, I will have to take the shuttle back to the airport and find the airport Amtrak Shuttle. That should add an extra 30 minutes to go a little more than a mile.

Let's just say this will be my last time at this hotel. It's been pretty disappointing and I've only been here about an hour.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
BWIGM, Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport during your recent trip to Baltimore. Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated and we are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. As you are probably already aware, this is not the typical Marriott experience that you have grown accustomed to.
We can certainly understand how frustrating travel can be which was evident from your comments regarding your experience getting the shuttle from the airport, which was affected by the by the construction, the disappointment you experienced when you were unable to purchase a beer after your long day, not being able to get transportation directly to the Amtrak station and your difficulty finding the desk that was located in your two-bedroom suite.
This feedback will certainly be addressed with our operations team as well as the shuttle department. We also will utilize this information to help better serve our current and future guests.
As always, we appreciate your loyalty and the patronage of our guests and strive for them to leave our hotel having experienced a problem free stay.
Thank you again for feedback and we certainly would like another opportunity to for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Residence Inn at Linthicum Maryland was a wonderful place for our extended stay. The rooms are so large and have a kitchen, large closets, huge desk, large couch and big flat screen television and one of the most comfortable beds I have found. The breakfast is excellent with many choices. They also had food in the evenings, four days a week. The pool has a life guard which you don't see at most hotels. There is a sport court for basketball and/or tennis. The staff is extremely accommodating and always helpful. I really did not want to leave there - felt like I was at home. We received a wonderful rate with our Island Rays membership which blew me away. I couldn't believe the value! There is no doubt where to stay if we are in the area again. Loved it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn BWI Airport during your trip to Baltimore. We appreciate the comments regarding your experience and that the accommodations matched your needs. We look forward seeing you during your next trip to our area