“Great Place to Stay”

Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My sweetheart has been housed at this hotel for work for the past 4 months. I think the room is well thought out and spacious with a pretty well equipped kitchen, modern updates, good sized desk, a television that swivels so you can watch from the living area or while in bed.

I personally have been here twice now.. the first time was planned and the second a um... surprise when my sweetheart broke two bones at a work related function.
Everyone at the hotel has been very friendly, super helpful.. I can't say enough about how great they have been. Seriously the folks here have really tried to help out. Good thing because he has five months left here.

The offer a complimentary light breakfast every day and a dinner Monday through Thursday (Think hot dogs, hot wings, salad, cookies - think game night food). There is a different theme every night (but you have exhausted your themes after a week).

This is convenient to BWI- the light rail and bus system (that will link with the subway) making sightseeing easy peasy.

The bed is on the hard side but you get used to it after a few nights. The pillows were great.

They do have a pool and hot tub but I did not get in.

The grounds are clean, the housekeeping staff is amazing- they really do a fantastic job.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This hotel is well furnished, updated and is very quiet. The staff is friendly, the breakfast and nightly dinner (all free I might add) definitely make this location one of my top picks. Not even the ackwardly located elevator, billing error for items i already paid for with cash make this location a bad experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We arrived into BWI late and decided to stay here instead of heading straight into DC with our 6 year old. The hotel staff was helpful, the rooms were really super nice and very clean. They have free wifi which is really handy. Complimentary breakfast is served in the morning with french toast, eggs, sausage, belgian waffles, fruit, yogurt, granola, whole grain bread, pastries, etc. and the cost of the room was so reasonable. We ended up staying at a hotel in DC the following 2 days that was a higher star rating, more expensive place downtown that wasn't nearly as nice and accomodating as this place. It was quiet too. I'd definitely stay here again if traveling through Baltimore.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed this past weekend at this hotel. It is in a great location if yu are flying out of BWI or if you are traveling to Baltiomore but do not want to stay in the city. You can see the Blatimore city skyline a little from down the street from this property. They have an outdoor pool/hot tub and a patio/grill area. The room we stayed in had a stove top. Not sure if all the rooms have that. But it's just a stove top no oven. They had a breakfast buffett in the lobby on the weekends for free. You will need to check to see if that is available Mon-Fri. My only complaint is the bed was soooo uncomfortable. While it is up to each person the bed was very hard. I coulnd't wait to get home to my bed. But that's my only one. Everything was great. Oh and the bathtub was spotless. I would hire this staff anyday to clean they are really putting their elbows into cleaning. Kudos to them!!!! I was very impressed with them.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is an excellent Marriott property that has just undergone a facelift. They have a free shuttle to BWI airport (with complimentary water bottles on ice) and a nice hot/cold breakfast. The property also has a nice pool area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had my stay not been marred by bad incidents I would write a fairly positive review. My stay was far from positive but let's start with what I would have said otherwise. They did a nice job of remodeling this Residence Inn. Friendly staff and efficient checkin. Comfortable rooms although the wifi was a bit sluggish at times. Shower OK. Kitchen well furnished but refrigerator in 12 hours barely made enough ice to fill the equivalent of one ice cube tray. Clean. Comfortable bed. Sufficient outlets even at the bed although one lamp was not working at all. The "business center" in the gatehouse was a joke -- one working computer terminal and one that was broken with a printer crammed into a hallway. Frankly, if there were no other problems, I'd say clean and almost everything worked as it should. But...but...but...that wasn't the case.

When I got to the first room I was assigned my eyes and nose were burning and irritated from some chemical used in the room. Switched rooms and it was a little bette but there is something that D.C. area Marriotts use in cleaning that produces this reaction. Even after having my windows open I could still smell this irritant several hours later.

Worse, I had to return my rental car to BWI and tried to call for the hotel shuttle for a pickup. No go. My call attempts were unsuccessful. Once it rang over 20 times. Cost me $11 for a cab back to the hotel. When informed of this there wasn't even an apology or offer to pick up the tab.

I also fell and was injured. The lawn sprinkers were shooting onto the sidewalks near my building. When I tried to dodge the spray I fell on my left side, injuring my left knee and foot. I may have broken bones in my foot. Cell phone broken. When I reported this to the front desk, even showing my banged up knee, I didn't get as much as a Band-Aid! No further inquiry Tired from the delays in getting back to the hotel and being hurt and having clothes dirtied by the fall, I tried to wash clothes but they didn't have enough quarters for $2 in change (later brought to me by the security guard). I had to be up by 4:00 a.m. to get back to the airport and didn't have time to waste.

My impression is that the friendly staff knows what to do when things work but not so when challenges come up. The botched attempts at airport pickup is one example. Not even an "I'm sorry." Making no effort to deal with my injuries is another red flag. Good management would have good plans effectively communicated and in place. It's almost moronic that there was no attempt to document my injuries and arrange for treatment. If it happened anywhere else in the business world this would have been promptly handled.

I would much rather write positive reviews of this place but there are shortcomings that need to be addressed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 6530bx4
BWIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear 6530bx4,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn BWI Airport for your lodging needs during your recent visit to Baltimore. We certainly appreciate your comments and feedback and hope you are recuperating well from your recent injury. We are pleased that you noticed and liked our new look and feel from the recent renovations to the property.
We are sincerely sorry we were not able to meet or exceed your expectations regarding the level of service you have come to expect from Marriott International. I'm disappointed were were not able to speak during your visit but rest assured that your comments and concerned have been passed along and addressed with our team. Please contact me by telephone or email to discuss your experience further. I can be reached at 410-691-0255 or ri.bwiri.gm@marriott.com.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel has been completely updated and improved. Finally there is wi-fi in the rooms! This being my fourth time to stay at this hotel, the improvements are phenomenal and a welcome sight. Highly recommend this hotel for business stays or for families passing through.

Room Tip: The rooms by the laundry and elevator are surprisingly quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Luck76

Dear Luck_76,

Thank you for staying with Residence Inn BWI Airport during your visit to Baltimore. We appreciate your kind words regarding our recent renovations . We look forward to your next visit!