WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Waynesboro, VA
“Very Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed this past weekend at this hotel. It is in a great location if yu are flying out of BWI or if you are traveling to Baltiomore but do not want to stay in the city. You can see the Blatimore city skyline a little from down the street from this property. They have an outdoor pool/hot tub and a patio/grill area. The room we stayed in had a stove top. Not sure if all the rooms have that. But it's just a stove top no oven. They had a breakfast buffett in the lobby on the weekends for free. You will need to check to see if that is available Mon-Fri. My only complaint is the bed was soooo uncomfortable. While it is up to each person the bed was very hard. I coulnd't wait to get home to my bed. But that's my only one. Everything was great. Oh and the bathtub was spotless. I would hire this staff anyday to clean they are really putting their elbows into cleaning. Kudos to them!!!! I was very impressed with them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ballentine, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is an excellent Marriott property that has just undergone a facelift. They have a free shuttle to BWI airport (with complimentary water bottles on ice) and a nice hot/cold breakfast. The property also has a nice pool area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Plesant Prairie, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had my stay not been marred by bad incidents I would write a fairly positive review. My stay was far from positive but let's start with what I would have said otherwise. They did a nice job of remodeling this Residence Inn. Friendly staff and efficient checkin. Comfortable rooms although the wifi was a bit sluggish at times. Shower OK. Kitchen well furnished but refrigerator in 12 hours barely made enough ice to fill the equivalent of one ice cube tray. Clean. Comfortable bed. Sufficient outlets even at the bed although one lamp was not working at all. The "business center" in the gatehouse was a joke -- one working computer terminal and one that was broken with a printer crammed into a hallway. Frankly, if there were no other problems, I'd say clean and almost everything worked as it should. But...but...but...that wasn't the case.

When I got to the first room I was assigned my eyes and nose were burning and irritated from some chemical used in the room. Switched rooms and it was a little bette but there is something that D.C. area Marriotts use in cleaning that produces this reaction. Even after having my windows open I could still smell this irritant several hours later.

Worse, I had to return my rental car to BWI and tried to call for the hotel shuttle for a pickup. No go. My call attempts were unsuccessful. Once it rang over 20 times. Cost me $11 for a cab back to the hotel. When informed of this there wasn't even an apology or offer to pick up the tab.

I also fell and was injured. The lawn sprinkers were shooting onto the sidewalks near my building. When I tried to dodge the spray I fell on my left side, injuring my left knee and foot. I may have broken bones in my foot. Cell phone broken. When I reported this to the front desk, even showing my banged up knee, I didn't get as much as a Band-Aid! No further inquiry Tired from the delays in getting back to the hotel and being hurt and having clothes dirtied by the fall, I tried to wash clothes but they didn't have enough quarters for $2 in change (later brought to me by the security guard). I had to be up by 4:00 a.m. to get back to the airport and didn't have time to waste.

My impression is that the friendly staff knows what to do when things work but not so when challenges come up. The botched attempts at airport pickup is one example. Not even an "I'm sorry." Making no effort to deal with my injuries is another red flag. Good management would have good plans effectively communicated and in place. It's almost moronic that there was no attempt to document my injuries and arrange for treatment. If it happened anywhere else in the business world this would have been promptly handled.

I would much rather write positive reviews of this place but there are shortcomings that need to be addressed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 6530bx4
BWIGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear 6530bx4,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn BWI Airport for your lodging needs during your recent visit to Baltimore. We certainly appreciate your comments and feedback and hope you are recuperating well from your recent injury. We are pleased that you noticed and liked our new look and feel from the recent renovations to the property.
We are sincerely sorry we were not able to meet or exceed your expectations regarding the level of service you have come to expect from Marriott International. I'm disappointed were were not able to speak during your visit but rest assured that your comments and concerned have been passed along and addressed with our team. Please contact me by telephone or email to discuss your experience further. I can be reached at 410-691-0255 or ri.bwiri.gm@marriott.com.
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel has been completely updated and improved. Finally there is wi-fi in the rooms! This being my fourth time to stay at this hotel, the improvements are phenomenal and a welcome sight. Highly recommend this hotel for business stays or for families passing through.

Room Tip: The rooms by the laundry and elevator are surprisingly quieter rooms.
1 Thank Luck_76
Dear Luck_76,

Thank you for staying with Residence Inn BWI Airport during your visit to Baltimore. We appreciate your kind words regarding our recent renovations . We look forward to your next visit!
Tifton, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

An airport hotel is, in my opinion, better judged by what it is not rather than what it is. This Residence Inn is not hard to find, is not far from the terminal or car rental, is not dated, is not dirty, is not noisy and is not over-priced by comparison. Every staff member we encountered was polite and efficient. Everything in the room worked well. There is ample parking. There are good restaurants nearby. A business trip has enough hassles of its own without aggravations and problems with lodging and, right now, I can't think of a thing to be critical of about this Residence Inn. Oh! And if you stay here, don't miss the self service Belgian Waffle iron at the breakfast buffet or the little oriental lady who runs the show -- she is a breath of friendly, fresh air and her multiple greetings get the day started off on the right foot.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear lever8651,

Thank you for staying with Residence Inn BWI Airport during your recent visit to Baltimore.
We are very pleased that your stay was problem free and we were able to provide you with the level of service you expect when traveling on business. We look forward to your next visit. Our waffle station and friencly staff will be ready to serve you.
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. There is a free evening social each m-th with decent food. The hotel is near the airport and many other convenient locations. The staff is friendly and helpful.I stayed 10 days and felt at home. I'd stay here again if i come back to baltimore.

Room Tip: The rooms are spacious and comfortable. There is a free evening social each m-th with decent food...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing Residence Inn BWI Airport during your trip to Baltimore this summer. We are very pleased we were able to provide you with a spacious home away from home. Our staff is looking forward to your next visit!
MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Residence 8-10 June. I can’t figure out the reason for all of the past negative comments. This hotel was in great condition and the staff was excellent in every respect. The kitchen staff deserves special recognition for their efforts in keeping up with very crowded facilities on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. Regarding a past complaint about the shuttle not picking people up at the Light Rail station is completely wrong. As long as you use the BWI station, the shuttle will pick anyone up at any time. Just don’t make the mistake of going to another station.

Room Tip: Note the Light Rail remark. Don't drive into Baltimore. This is much more convenient and a gre...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Starlifter6330,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn BWI Airport for your lodging needs during your visit to Baltimore. We appreciate your comments and feedback.

We are happy that your experience with us met your expectations and you considered it a perfect stay. We have passed along your recognition of of kitchen and staff service team and look forward to your next visit.

Thank again for your business and great feedback!!