“Great location, price, suite at Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Canton OH
“Great location, price, suite at Residence Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

We traveled with my sister's family to visit our son in college in Baltimore. Definitely a two-bedroom suite for $199 per night beat prices for two rooms anywhere else, with the bonus of a full kitchen, two bathrooms and a pull-out sofa for her two kids.

We usually stay north of the city in the White Marsh area, so were worried about the area around the airport being a longer drive. The location turned out to be excellent with easy access to the city and minimal traffic on the weekend, although there weren't a lot of restaurants around the hotels. We did not hear any airplane noise.

The breakfast was outstanding--our travel companions said it was the best they'd had, not just the usual cold fare but make-your-own waffles, hot eggs, hot oatmeal, etc. Service was great, beds and shower very comfortable.

Our only negative experience was booking a rollaway cot when reserving the room which was confirmed by e-mail...then arriving at the property to find they do not own rollaways. It was their own website "about this property" that said they DO. The clerk claimed they are a fire hazard, ridiculous since I got one at the last Baltimore stay at a Ramada. My niece and nephew were less than thrilled with sharing the sofa bed with a sibling of another gender, and since we were not informed ahead of time we did not bring him a sleeping bag. No effort was made to discount the room for our inconvenience, but today I was sent an online survey about our stay and perhaps I'll hear back from Marriott about the incident.

• Liked — price, suite layout, location
  • Disliked — no rollaway cot on checkin as promised during reservation
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank brownsherie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2006

I needed to spend a night in a hotel close to BWI for an early morning flight. The only hotels that had free shuttles were around $150-$200/night. I selected this hotel because I only needed to use 10,000 Marriott points for a free night.

I was only in this hotel for 10 hours or so and most of the time was sleeping. The hotel was clean and front desk staff was nice. I took the hotel shuttle to/from the airport and it was clean and nearly on-time (the shuttle was a little late bringing us to the airport). The Residence Inn breakfast is great and FREE! It includes eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc.

The only issue I had is the hotel only has wired internet and no Wi-Fi.

I recommend staying in the hotel and will stay here again if in the area.

Tip: If you are staying at any of the Marriott hotels in the area (they all use the same shuttle), give the hotel your staying at a call and tell them you are waiting for the shuttle. I was told by the front desk person that this is the best way to ensure you get picked up quickly.

• Liked — Free BWI shuttle
  • Disliked — No Wi-Fi
  • Tips/Secrets — See my review
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cohusker
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2006

This airport hotel feels more like home than any other I have ever stayed at!

The staff is very friendly and helpful. And they make you feel welcome and even plan special events for guests like me who are staying for an extended period of time. Superbowl night there was a party with snacks in the lobby and the game on the big screen. On valentines day they gave each room a bag of choclates, and the evening snack was more of a meal -- with linen tablecloths and candles!

The wooded setting is pretty and makes you forget you're by an urban airport.

The breakfast buffet has great variety. Guests are also spoiled with free newspapers and magazines.

Housekeeping is very friendly but hard to communicate with because of language barriers. They do a good job but are sometimes inconsistent - somedays I get soap, new coffee, a towel- and somedays I don't. No big deal.

I will always choose this hotel. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank Bay5
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2005

This Residence Inn is standard for the brand: well-laid out, well kept-up and so forth. It's close to the airport in and around dozens of other hotels, but is situated near some woods and a ravine and therefore has somewhat more charm than one expects from an airport hotel.

The standout characteristic from our visit was the staff. Someone has done an excellent job training them to deal with guests and it shows. When we arrived a lady with two little dogs was at the front desk asking for not only more coffee bags (for the in room coffee machine) but also some real milk rather than creamer. The clerk at the desk took it all in very positively and even went herself around to the breakfast area, got some real milk, and brought it back to the lady.

We were checked in early with no problem.

At midnight we discovered we had no sheets for the sofabed. I called down. The clerk immediately said: "I apologize sir, and I'll have the security man bring you some immediately", which he did within 5 minutes.

All in all, i would highly recommend staying here if you have business in or around BWI simply to reward the staff and management for a job well done.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank newjerseyreporter
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2005

I stayed at this property for 3 weeks along with my family in a 2 bedroom suite. I just dont have enough words to praise almost everything in this place. Starting from a warm welcome at check in to the excellent breakfast which included many hot items and the 4 day a week evening snacks which was actually more of a lite dinner. There was free high speed internet in the rooms. The area itself is beautiful and it just takes 15 minutes of a drive to the downtown area. The housekeeping staff were so nice as were the front desk staff. The only negative point is the size of the bedrooms which were quite tiny actually and barely took 1 queen bed. We had to place a crib/ baby cot for our infant and it literally blocked out all walking space next to the bed. Nevertheless , I have absolutely no hesitation in returning again to this property or to recommend it to anyone visiting the Baltimore area.

Stayed June 2005
4 Thank DXBDOC
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2005

Just returned From DC/Inauguration and want to BRAG about the exceptional service of the Residence Inn BWI airport. Traveled with a group of five and were traveling on a budget. We made the Right Choice by staying at the Residence Inn. The FREE SHUTTLE service to/from BWI airport, MARC train station and other Marriott properties.

Truly Exceeded my expectations!!

• Stayed January 2005
2 Thank Newenglandhome
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2004

Our family stayed one night and arrived around midnight. We found a comfortable suite with a kitchenette, bedroom and a living room with a fold out bed. A nice touch was a free bag of popcorn, which we microwaved as a midnight snack. As I prepared the pull out bed, it appeared that the linen (in a bag in the closet) had been used. After a call to the front desk, a new set of linen was promptly and graciously sent up. The place was very quiet at night. We were very pleased with the breakfast, as it included hot food, such as tasty scrambled eggs, as well as oatmeal, toast, and cold cereals. Outside the breakfast room was a pool (which we didn't have a chance to use) and a basketball and tennis court. The front desk was very friendly in lending us a basketball to shoot some hoops. I wish we could have stayed here longer.

4 Thank mks03