“Very Nice for near the airport”

Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Virginia
“Very Nice for near the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

We stayed hear for one night prior to our 7am flight out of BWI. The hotel is very clean, quiet, and seems new even if it isn't. We used a park and fly package so we were able to leave our car in there fairly secure parking lot (it is near a lot of federal buildings so the Police regularly patrol the lot at night which is nice) and they shuttled us to and from the airport. That ended up being a lot more economical than paying for parking at BWI.

The room was nice, it has a little office area and a little sink area with fridge. The bed is comfy. The only down side was the bathroom which was tiny. The sink area was huge and the toilet/shower area was microscopic, about the size of a closet. Everything was clean although i think the carpet seemed a little dingy. I was expecting a lot less when we booked, I thought it would be older, not as nicely kept, and a lot louder. We were pleasantly surprised.

We like Hyatt Place because they have some food for sale in the lobby and a decent breakfast plus they are generally well kept. This held true to our previous experiences with Hyatt Place and we would stay again, especially with the park and fly!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank murphytravelers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

After an exhausting day, I was welcomed and immediately taken care of. The front staff was curteous, even with a late check-in. The rooms were clean and the 42" flat screen certainly helped me relax. I will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
PENNSYLVANIA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

I travel quite a bit for business as well as pleasure, so I'm used to the occasional mix-up or substandard hotel conditions.
That said--this hotel has, by FAR, provided me with the single worst, most unsanitary hotel stay that I have EVER experienced.
My reservation was lost. When I provided my reservation number and the name of the person who booked it, the manager ROLLED HIS EYES at me.
It was all downhill from there.
Hair in the bathroom drain, lipstick on the drinking glasses, shampoo bottles that had already been opened...you name it.
I thoght about calling Hyatt, but I believe that potential customers of this hotel might actually pay attention to what I have to say.
Please do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
tclapsaddle, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2009
I would love to have apologized for what you experienced as a guest of my hotel but I do not know who you are to do so.

I can assure you that the issues that you experienced here were addressed immediately with my housekeeping and gallery host staff.

We has operators of the hotel care about your experience. Your coming back and your referrals are what keeps us in business.

Tom Clapsaddle
Hyatt Place BWI Airport
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

Wonderful rooms with very comfortable beds, wrap around sofa and 42 inch HD TV. Guest service personnel are hit or miss. Very slow wifi access during the evenings.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2009

Wonderful Hotel. Clean room, comfortable bed, Large flat screen TV, good lighting, nice decor, shuttle to/from airport, good rate. Very friendly and helpful staff. Ruby Tuesday within walking distance. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
West Lafayette IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2009

We stayed here at the end of February because we had some business in DC as well as a wedding in Maryland. We had a large room that was clean (except it looked like no one ever cleaned behind the bathroom door). The beds were comfortable and the shower was nice and hot with good pressure. The rooms were very quiet.

The staff was very nice and helpful including giving us a complimentary dessert when we bought 2 of their pre-packaged sandwiches.

This is a typical Hyatt Place that is located in a Hotel District near BWI that has almost every hotel chain. However, this hotel district doesn't have that many restaurants. We saw Wendy's, Quizno's, McDonald's, Starbucks, and Ruby Tuesday's. The Ruby Tuesday's is located right next door to the Hyatt Place so it was convenient to walk to one of the few restaurants in this area. For those who are concerned about their liquor license, they had the application for the license displayed in the window.

The shuttle took us to the BWI rail station to catch MARC train ($6 each way) to DC. The shuttle would have picked us up on our return, but we didn't want to wait for it so we took a cab for about $10.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2009

I stayed one Friday night at the Hyatt Place near BWI and would go back for a good rate. There were some really positive things about the stay but some staff issues require me to have some reservations.

The living space within the room was really nice. A clean, comfortable bed well away from the door, a good work space, and a kitchenette, all in one room. The huge flat screen TV anchored to the wall could be seen from the bed and the couch, but you can't see the TV from the work/space dining area. The bathroom is older and looked cheap: there was some peeling paint, the drain was slow, the showerhead drippy. It worked, and was clean, but was definitely the weak spot in the room.

I had some trouble with check-in: I think the hotel wants people to use kiosks to check-in and out, but (I was told) because I had a prepaid rate (through hyatt.com) the kiosk did not work. I'd have like to have know that in advance as I spent time trying to figure out the kiosk, with all my bags, etc, instead of just checking in. Same trouble at check-out. The woman who checked me in was charming and welcoming. The woman who checked me out was clearly not happy to be working on Saturday morning.

The complementary breakfast was very nice. It's the typical higher end cold buffet, but the cut fruit was really fresh, and there were plenty of yogurt and pastry choices. The coffee was great.

I noticed while I was there that I heard absolutely no street noise and there were no distracting noises from the vents or water systems.

• Liked — The room was really sheltered from external noise
  • Disliked — Bathroom was dated.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Balti...
#12 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,303 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Baltimore - BWI Airport North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bal...
#24 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!