“Second Extended Stay”

Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was my second extended (two week) stay in the past two months. There were many excellent qualities about this hotel, but one of the primary points was the relative speed of the wi-fi connection (~4.3 Mbps compared to about 750 Kbps at another hotel where I stayed). Other assets: Accommodating and friendly staff; cleanliness and repair of the room/facilities; plenty of fresh fruit at breakfast; good location (MD-295 easily accessible and a short drive to large shopping areas and/or Inner Harbor). There is a movie theater and a number of restaurants nearby. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms near the kitchen may be noisier and subject to higher traffic during delivery...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear the improvements in our WiFi showed, more are coming. I appreciate the positive feedback and hope you will be returning soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The best thing about this hotel was the great staff. Went there with a group of 14 and we were accommodated at every turn. We were met with professional attitudes and smiles. I would definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and will be sure and share your comments with the staff.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Check in was a breeze. Excellent customer service from entire staff from Housekeeping to
Breakfast staff. Breakfast was more than "continental breakfast" by far. You had to go early to avoid the "groups" which caused lines to form. Spacious lobby/breakfast seating areas. Ruby Tuesday, Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, Wendy's near hotel. Convenience store near the movie theater on other side of Hyatt Place parking lot. Hotel located in industrial area (with sidewalks) so it's very convenient for exercise walking. Elevators could use an update. Very slow when you have "charter group" of guests with luggage. Hotel was clean. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tracey C
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for the review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. As I mentioned in an earlier response, it is the season for groups and I hope it was not too much of an inconvenience. I hope you will be returning soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Nothing really outstanding about this place. Probably needs an update but it still is decent. Breakfast was pretty good if you could get to it. There was a large school group there the second morning I was there and the line was long. Rooms are spacious. Front desk staff varied from very nice to apathetic. Its close to a movie theater which was nice for me not having a car. Not much else around there though.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Timmy485

Thank you for your review. It is the season for groups and apologize if the groups disrupted your stay. I will be sure and share your comments with the staff, overall not the consistency I would expect. Thank you again, and I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The entire staff was absolutely professional and accommodating from beginning to end. Moreover, the hotel lobby, dining area, halls, and above all, suites were always spotless.

I highly recommend this hotel...

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your review, it makes my day to read such a positive comment. I hope you will be returning soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have stayed here on several occasions and have always been pleased. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is wonderful. What impresses me most are the employees that are here. They are consistent, they are warm and friendly and I know I always have a reason to laugh.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the review and I will be sure and share your kind comments with the staff. I hope you will be returning soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stay at this hotel a few times throughout the year. We use the park and fly promotion.

Upon checking in, the front desk employees were super friendly and very courteous. We had no problems with the check in. The next morning we were taken to the airport via their shuttle. Once again, the driver was very courteous and the check out was fine. Very friendly employees upon checking in and checking out.

When we arrived back to BWI we called for a pick up. I was on hold for over 10 minutes then someone picked up the phone and hung up on me, so I had to call back. After another 10 minutes on hold, I finally was able to schedule a pick up. The clerk that I spoke with was NOT friendly at all. I felt that I was "bothering her" with my phone call.

We waited and waited and finally the driver showed up, but he took other guests which made the shuttle bus full. Rather than wait another 15-30 minutes, we decided to take a taxi back to the hotel. Of course we had to pay for this out of our own pocket b/c I didn't want to wait. I do not feel that this was the driver's fault at all. He was only doing his job.

There are so many hotels in the area that offer park 'n fly. We will be choosing one of the other hotels on our next trip to BWI.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry your return trip was disappointing. I hope that being you enjoyed your first stay you would give us another opportunity to show that this was not a typical experience.