“GREAT ROOM”

Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed August 23, 2008

My husband and I stayed here after an Oriole game and it was a great room and the TV was wonderful. I would definitely stay here again. The driver made some suggestions for a nice seafood restaurant and he was right on the money, they had fabulous crab cakes. The place was G&M Seafood Restaurant, here's their web address http://www.gandmrestaurant.com/ I am very picky about my crab cakes since I was raised on Virginia seafood. The driver was a big help on the area and getting around, he also took us right to the metro station too.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 4, 2008

loved, loved, loved The Hyatt Place hotel. The room is small, but great use of space. There is huuge, mounted LCD flat-panel tv that swivels from both the sitting area to the sleeping area. Room was clean and nicely decorated. Bathrooms are super small, but the sink vanity area outside of the 'toilet-shower' room is a bonus. the design of the hotel and room in general is very trendy.

siiiiiigh, i wish i could still get this hotel via hotwire. it seems they have recently changed their 3-star hotel to something far less comparable.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MonDrian73
Reviewed August 3, 2008

I got a great price through Hotwire. We arrived at BWI a little after midnight, and the shuttle was there to pick us up within a few minutes. Check in was quick and easy. The bathroom was small, but manageable. Our air conditioning unit cycled on and off every few minutes, and it was NOISY! I finally turned it off so I could sleep. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, with extra pillows.

Breakfast the next morning was a below average. The potatoes were dry and the biscuits were really, really hard. There was also cereal, fruit, and yogurt available.

It wasn't bad for $59 a night, and I'd stay there again if I got a great rate. I'm not sure I'd pay full rack rate, though.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Stayed here for a night before a flight out of BWI, mostly because there was a shuttle to the airport, a place to park the car, and a reasonable price. We were happy that we chose the Hyatt Place. The room was large and comfortable. Only downside was the bathroom; it was tiny. Glad the separate sink area was nice and roomy. The wet bar area was a plus; good to have a sink away from the bathroom. The TV was huge. The front desk staff could be friendlier and a bit more helpful, but they were fine. The self-service kiosk is a good idea, but didn't work as intended (let us check in, but didn't give us the receipt and keys). In-room wireless internet service was free and easy to use. The shuttle service was wonderful! Both drivers were super-friendly and helpful. I'd definitely consider staying here again for a pre-flight night.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Spent one night here last week and I don't believe I stayed at the same place as the other reviewers. The hotel was very clean and modern. Great design and layout. The room was large and comfortable with great decor. Loved the huge plasma on the wall and who has ever heard of a LARGE L-shaped sofa, which made into a sleeper. I chuckled when I read the one review about the chipped door paint. We must have stayed in the same room because we also had chipped paint on the bathroom door and room door. That wouldn't take more than a minute to fix and should be. The only downside that we encountered was the wait for the shuttle to pick us up -- Called twice and still waited 45 minutes. Not fun when you land at 10 p.m. There was express check in but that didn't work because we had booked with Hotwire ($57). Loved the whole front desk set up with the Starbucks and the cafe. Didn't wake up in time to take advantage of the free breakfast because of the comfortable bed. The bathroom was small but I liked have the sink separate from the commode and shower. Would have no hesitation to stay here again. This was our first experience with Hyatt Place and I will see them from now on. Staff was courteous and very helpful. The next morning the shuttle driver took my husband to the car rental pick up center, which was about a 15-minute drive.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank jdvmd
Reviewed July 1, 2008

This is "HYATT PLACE" not real 'HYATT". Honda is not Acura, Paying $60/night to stay in 3* hotel is not too bad.
Pro:
Convenient location, easy access to 2 big cities,Washington DC and Baltimore by car, MACK train and light rail. please note MACK train only runs on weekdays, $6 one way /per person to DC, change to Metrorail or CIRCULATOR bus($1/pp) for sightseeing, It's hard to find parking in downtown DC. Take light rail to Baltimore, $3.60/pp per day for unlimited rides of light rail and any public buses in Baltimore.
Free shuttle bus to airport, train station and anywhere within 5 miles. I met 4 shuttle bus drivers in 4 day stay(6/26/08-6/29/08), all of them are friendly.
Complimentary breakfast to 9:30 or 10am, you could pay to order full breakfast..
Room is big and newly remodeled. It has granite counter tops, wet bar and 40" flat TV. There are 2 double beds and 1 sofabed in room, I and my two teens could sleep comfortablely
Free internet access, there are 2 computers in lobby too.
con:
No local information in room and lobby. Please pick up information from airport when you arrive. safety boxes don't work.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2008

The Hyatt looks like it has been recently renovated. Check in at 4 PM and room not ready. The room was nicely laid out however the bathroom was too small and difficult to get in and out, having to move the bath mat and squeeze by the toilet. I am surprised there was no energy saving key holder which most European hotels now have. When you remove your door key card from the designated holder, all energy in room is switched off. We were told pool was not open but shuttle bus would take us to neighbor hotel. Later we found out pool was open.
In the room there was NO information. Every room you should have information on the room, hotel and surrounding area Later I found there was some information on the TV, but it was sparse.
The staff seemed to only be interested in their job and not the customer. I had to wait 5 minutes at check out for someone to come to the desk. The manager was having his breakfast, various staff just walked by with no offer to get the person who should have been at the desk. The shuttle driver was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was good, quality coffee, fresh fruit and great OJ. I would probably stay here again but the manager needs to work on staff training.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple