“Elegant rooms and a great location”

Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went there for a convention-- the Regency down in B'more was booked and very much expensive as to be expected, but this one was less than 1/3 of the price, so we gave it a try. I will say that although I am a fan of Hyatt hotels, my expectations were in the mid to low range, compared to a Regency Hyatt. But the front lobby was just beautiful, the rooms were spacious with big couches (we fell asleep in the couch!), big screen TVs, great view, and best of all, a great location. Going to big cities is always a hassle, trying to drive and find the place, but this one was in a quieter part of town with no traffic and a good sized parking lot which was free. That's always a bonus. Internet free as well. Couldn't have asked for more, and will definitely look at Hyatt Places more in the future.

The pool area could've been better, though. It looked a bit run down, but the kids enjoyed it anyway. Clean water, plenty of chairs and towels, though the lifeguard seemed to be having a bad day... every day we were there.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am happy that the location was convenient for you, I hope more people realize that we are a good alternative to staying in the city! I hope you will staying with us on your next trip to Baltimore.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Clean, yes. Airport accessible, yes. But for the price, it just seemed rather mediocre, just trading off the Hyatt name and not putting any effort into it. Also, the check-in desk was right next to the bakery... I think the clerk could check you in then sell you a muffin. I didn't get who was doing what, and I'm not sure they did either. For the cost of the night, I just expected better. On the same trip I stayed at another hotel a quarter mile away for much cheaper and it was smooooth. Kinda felt the shuttle service took forever, also as confused. It's possible that during my stay the staff was slammed with a wedding party, but I'm not sure why that would matter. But the rooms were very nice and large, you get more space than you would downtown.

Room Tip: There is a light rail stop near by that you can take the shuttle to, but the shuttle might take fore...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I appreciate your feedback. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay or the layout of our Gallery. The Gallery is designed so that we can offer amenities not typical in the market we serve. It is necessary for us to multi-task so that we can offer our menu, Starbucks beverages, beer, wine and liquor that many properties of this size and price range do not have. At times it can get quite busy, but we do aim to staff appropriately for the level of business. I am sorry that was not the case during your visit. I hope that you might give Hyatt Place another opportunity during your travels.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding and shopping weekend. Great location. Close to Towson and Arundel Mills shopping malls. Inner harbor minutes away. Took the computer self serve station out which was disappointing but bumped up the continental breakfast to a warm breakfast of eggs, waffles, sausage and French toast although ran out of food early in morning...not good. Overall great place with very friendly and accommodating staff. Housekeeping, front desk, drivers, etc all very polite and Cheerful...will come back

• Stayed: September 2013
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. I have to admit I enjoyed having the option of offering the self-check in kiosk, but the decision was made to remove them. I am glad you enjoyed the new breakfast, and I am sorry we ran low on food. I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I've spent a lot of time in Courtyard Hotels, so I was surprised to find that the Hyatt Place at BWI offered so much. The staff is very friendly, the facility neat and clean even though the hotel was very busy. The staff works hard to provide every service, including a nicely prepared coffee at the coffee bar. Another difference is the layout of the room. I really liked having a couch in the living room area. The small refrigerator and sink were great for snacks. Wi-fi was free and fast.

Breakfast was also a lot different. There were different hot meals each morning, and some creative egg, cheese, bacon combinations. We appreciated the greek yogurt and fresh fruit. We didn't have a chance to use the pool or workout room, but they looked inviting.

We easily drove to Annapolis for dinner as well as visiting family in the Washington, D.C. suburbs. Great location.

Hyatt Place has won me over, thanks.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RobinBeth

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the service and amenities we offer. I hope you will be returning soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel is in a great location if you are visiting the Baltimore, Annapolis or DC area. We also went to the nearby Casino one evening. If you are visiting D.C, you can get the shuttle bus to the commuter train and avoid the driving and parking hassle. Besides a great location, this hotel had some unique features which made it a better experience than the usual. I Arrived from BWI late at night, got the complimentary shuttle to the hotel where I was greeted by a genuinely helpful front desk staff. I was able to get a hot tea at the little café/bar to take upstairs. It was also a nice spot for a snack or glass of wine or other drink, especially if you are traveling alone. The room was fine and the pool looked larger than the usual but I did not have time to swim this trip . The breakfast was very good – a good selection of fresh options. They had complimentary newspapers. Everyone from the shuttle bus driver, front desk and breakfast cooking staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: A suite with a pull-out bed was good for my family of 3 adults.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for your review and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'm happy that the service and amenities made your trip enjoyable and hope you will be returning soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Excellent choice for a Hotel stay in BWI area!
Small Suite room with HUGE HDTV and separate Office area.
Best value for the money.
Its close to the Airport (7 minutes) and you dont hear the planes.
The rooms are spacious and you get a refrigerator.
The breakfast is Free and adequate.

Room Tip: There is no Spa
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be returning soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times for work. The beds are comfortable and they have a nice breakfast. Also the staff are very nice.
Now for the cons: my first room had an a/c unit (those big ones in the wall below the window) that could not cool the room, and on the 2nd night, when it got humid outside and it had to work harder, it SMELLED. That, coupled with an ignored request to clean out the drains in both the bathroom and bathtub, induced me to request another room. They complied and my 2nd room has working drains and an a/c unit that doesn't stink, but it still cannot cool the room. The 2 hairs left in the tub made me a little sad. The bathroom floor tiles are white but totally stained with dirt (in both rooms). In this room, there is no available plug at the work desk. And the ELEVATORS thump, jump, jam, and do not have inspection placards posted.
On to the beds. They have good mattresses and pillows but some of the pillows smelled sweaty despite the clean pillow cases. Also the decorative pillows smell. I have no idea how a housekeeper could vet a pillow but it's gross to smell some stranger's sweaty head.
The broadband is a little worse than the other BWI hotels, which are generally poor. One night I gave up trying to pay my bills,
I am breaking up with the Hyatt.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and I am very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We work very hard to ensure everyone has a pleasant stay. I am sorry we fell short and will be sure all the items you listed are shared and addressed.