“Nice location!”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Covington, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for three nights with friends. Hotel and grounds are very clean and the rooms are very nice. We had four women in one room and felt quite comfortable. Our only problem was not enough towels and each evening one of us had to go get towels.
One issue I am having is that I left a brand new shirt in the room and have called the hotel three times and the person answering the phone keeps forwarding me to another line which seems to disconnect itself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the lack of towels, I hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. I am sorry you are having a difficult time getting a response on your shirt. Please contact me directly and I will get an answer for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
smrbrz56
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed a week vacationing around baltimore. Facility very clean both inside and out. Rooms very nice, love the seperate sitting area and desk. Continental breakfast above average. Staff friendly. if I am ever in baltimore again will definately be staying here. Close to airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smrbrz56
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

My mother-in-law and the rest of the family stayed her for our family reunion I noticed if you get a king size bed your room is a little smaller than 2 queens which was much bigger they have 2 meeting room spaces which was nice the staff was very nice and pleasant they do have a shuttle service from the airport it's close to the restaurants you have Ruby Tuesday's right next door but if your driving there's plenty there building a Cracker Barrel across the street which will Bob Evans a run for there money but the hotel is very nice.

Room Tip: Great Value
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pokerolls
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is nice to have another restaurant opening in the area. I am sure the additional dining option will be appreciated. I hope to see you on your next visit to the Baltimore area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Positive: Three miles to BWI, eight miles to downtown Baltimore; free parking and breakfast; clean rooms. Negatives: Dining options near the hotel are limited (fast food, chain restaurants); hotel showing some wear.

I recently attended a conference in Baltimore and needed a hotel room for one night. Most of the hotels in the downtown core were fairly expensive. I had my own car, so I began looking for something a little further out. Since I was only going to be in the hotel room to sleep, I picked the Hyatt Place. Parking was free, while most downtown hotels charge $10 or more per day. The hotel breakfast included scrambled eggs, mini pancakes, and sausage, cereal, and baked goods. They also offered various beverages (coffee, tea, juice, milk). While the food was fine, I didn’t like the layout. One table was right next to the buffet, which can make it difficult to maneuver with a plate of food in that area. The coffee stand should be stretched out a bit, so that people waiting to get tea do not have to wait for those getting coffee. Some of the dining tables are on the other side of the lobby, which means guests have to walk back and forth in front of the check-in desk to get their food and return to their table.

The room was clean and comfortable, but a bit dated. The bathroom had the toilet and tub, while the sink was in the room itself. The room included a good-sized work desk and mini-fridge. The TV was quite large and it swiveled on its base, which allows guests to watch from the bed or the sofa. I was not bothered by airplane noise, but I could easily hear people talking in the parking lot (in front of the building) from my room on the fifth floor. The air conditioner was very effective, but a bit loud. The hotel has two large elevators which move quite slowly. The paneling on the wall on one of the elevators had a big chunk missing.

Room Tip: Look for rooms on the side away from the parking lot, higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WashDCRoad_Warrior
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the honest feedback. I hope you will choose to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area.
Windermere, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I ended up needing a place to stay for a night due to a flight delay and decided to give the Hyatt Place Baltimore Airport a try. When I arrived at the airport I called the hotel and awaited the free shuttle. The hotel is not too far away so did not have to wait too long to check in once the shuttle arrived. Even though it was late there were still several members still working at reception. They provided a quick overview of the hotel since it was my first time, and soon found myself in my room.

Upon entering my room, I was surprised on how big it was. The first part of the room is a sitting area with a L-shaped sofa and stand-alone cushioned seat. Across from the sofa is a sink, refrigerator and a nice sized work desk. There is a decorative partition between the sitting area and bedroom. The television is located on the wall between these two rooms, which was a little odd as you had to twist it to view it from an angle.

The king bed was nice and comfortable as were the pillows. The air conditioner was not too loud, so it made for a good night's sleep overnight. The bathroom is adjacent to the bed. The sink is actually a two part countertop. The sink is on a slightly elevated level from the dresser, which gives plenty of space to spread out your toiletries. The toilet and bath/shower combo is located in its own enclosed space. I had no issues with the shower as there was plenty of hot water and water pressure.

The hotel has a free hot breakfast from 0600 to 1030 each morning. I left prior to 0600 so didn't get a chance to take advantage of it. However there were some items already on the line which I was able to take with me. By the look of the number of people staying at the hotel it is likely the breakfast room can get crowded quickly.

If you are taking the shuttle to the airport make sure to reserve your time the night prior. Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and gives you every opportunity to have an enjoyable experience. I would recommend the Hyatt Place and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for providing such a thorough and positive review. I am very appreciative of the opportunity to hear your comments regarding your overall experience. I hope you will stay with us if your plans bring you back to the area.
Trinity County
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Standard, clean & efficiently operated Hyatt Place. Recommended if you are overnighting between BWI flights. Staff has the classic Hyatt attitude of friendly, courteous, rapid & effective service.

TripAdvisor will not accept a rebiew of fewer than 200 characters, so I hope this line fills it out as I am a strong believer in the value of brevity and have said enough already.

1 Thank Steve R
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you if your plans bring you back to the area.
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was my first stay at this property. Hotwire had often put me at the Sheraton Four Points abutting the airport and, frankly, I'd grown quite attached to it (and its very good restaurant). However, this was a pleasant change and a place to which I'd happily return. The lobby more or less doubles as a large breakfast room. Breakfast, by the way, is included in the room rate and well above average (a rotating selection of hot - and I really mean "hot" items), an array of chilled juices in large pitchers on an iced counter, and sturdy, stylish plastic plates and glasses (until they run out and then it's styro-foam). Next to the check-in desk is a small bar and a chilled display of a wide selection of above-average packaged sandwiches, salads, pastries, etc. which, though over-priced, are very tasty. I'd say it's better-than-average airport food with larger portions though similarly priced. My check-in process was very slow owing to computer problems with the interface with the housekeeping staff. The staff was very apologetic. A compensatory cookie from the adjacent food display would have been a nice gesture. (Upon a subsequent purchase when they were out of the potato chips which come with sandwiches, the nice lady offered me a second free cookie as recompense.)

My fifth floor room featured a large seating area with a kitchenette featuring a small sink and 3-foot "midi-fridge," a desk with ergonomic chair and a good lamp, and a huge L-shaped sofa (part of which was a pull-out bed) and a leather-topped ottoman which could have been used as a "table" for a Japanese meal! The bedroom, separated by a partial wall with frosted window panes, was comfortable, with two twin beds, a kind of small closet, sink, counter with big mirror and the bath-shower and commode were in their own separate room. A HUGE hi-def LG television swiveled just enough so it could be comfortably watched from either the bedroom or the sitting area. Handsome lighting fixtures in the corridors and in the room itself were art deco influenced. The socket I needed for my C-PAP machine required getting down on the floor to access owing to the design of the wall-mounted table under which it was placed.

I arrived during Preakness week-end, so the joint was jumpin'. Housekeeping seemed a bit overwhelmed - especially with the mass check-outs on Sunday as they affected those of us who were staying over). However, my problem with a slow-draining bathtub Monday was fixed immediately by the friendly maintenance staff.

The hotel is easily accessible from the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, minutes from downtown Baltimore or the airport. There's a Ruby Tuesday next door and a 7-Eleven nearby. Venture further afield and you'll find a dazzling array of ethnic restaurants. However, it might help to have a GPS. Despite my many trips and stays to the airport neighborhood, I've found the area around BWI to be very challenging to navigate. But I was sure happy to find this Hyatt Place.

2 Thank Jim H
Thank you for writing such an in depth and positive review! I am glad that even with a few hiccups in your stay, overall it was a good experience. I hope you will be staying with us in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Balti...
#12 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,305 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Baltimore - BWI Airport North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bal...
#24 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!