“Average hotel”

Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here for three nights for business reason. It is an average hotel ... Clean enought but absolutely in the middle of no where. Next time for sure I will chose another one probably in the Baltimore city center.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ElenaBortoletto
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete your response. It is true that there are not a great deal of activities in our immediate area, but as an airport location we are just a few minutes from Baltimore-Washington International Airport and by not being in the city, we can provide ample free parking as well as close proximity to many major companies in the BWI business district. Thank you again for your response and I hope you choose Hyatt Place in the future.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

poor service. no buffet breakfast. front desk is beside the refrigerator. guest eat their breakfast at the lobby. the architect of that hotel should go back to school. lol their front desk agents are not as friendly. their breakfast sucks!! cold sandwiches in the morning! no eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausages. no lotion in the room. no mini bar. just just terrible. better to just shut it down. lol

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank kantutan

Thank you for taking the time to submit your response. I am disappointed that you were not happy with your stay. We do try to offer something for everyone by providing our A.M. Skillet breakfast, for which we have had very positive feedback and a bar with beer, wine and liquor available. Although the decision was made to not provide lotion in the rooms, it is available upon request. I am sorry that we could not meet your needs and hope you will give Hyatt Place another chance in your future travels.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here being a surprise birthday getaway gift from my husband. We loved it. Very clean. Service was great! Continental breakfast was great also' everything fresh. The only downfall is there was no microwave in the room so we had to go downstairs to use one. Oh and the pool was an indoor pool but it was freezing cold. Other than that it was a beautiful hotel and we would recommend anyone to stay. And theres a STARBUCKS inside :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladyv76
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Room was nice. The snack bar was great with beer/wine/liquor. Breakfast great. High quality food.
Parking is well lighted. But; bathroom is tiny, tub doesn't drain, gym is small with broken elements, and pool is sub-par.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank alfalfa549
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed here as I had a very early morning departure and wanted to be close to the airport instead of leaving at 2:30 AM for a flight. Hyatt is consistently a reliable and trustworthy property, no matter where it is. My experience with this property was mixed. The property is well maintained, in a convenient location adjacent to several restaurants (no restaurant at a Hyatt Place as this is not a full device hotel offering by design), friendly staff and the typical room furnishings.

Unfortunately my room wasn't cleaned very well by housekeeping. There was trash on the floor, food crumbs on the carpet and a toilet that wasn't up to par either. I can only guess that housekeeping hadn't finished because they were interrupted for some reason. It was late when I checked in so I didn't make a big deal of it however I did comment about it in an email survey post departure.

Within 24 hours of my response I was contacted via email by the GM for the property who offered a complete refund and an apology. Frankly that speaks well for Hyatt and is one of he many reasons I often stay in a Hyatt property. I should mention that this is the first and only time I have ever had an experience like this anywhere in the world in over 500 nights spent in a Hyatt property.

I'll keep staying in Hyatt hotels and consider this for what it was - an exception. I doubt this is a common experience in this property and will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank P K
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The room was very spacious, though the air conditioning was either too hot or too cold. Queen size beds would be perfect in a room of that size rather than the doubles that we had. Four adults sleeping in two doubles make for a tight fit. Pool was fine though nothing impressive, fitness facility spacious if you want to do floor work. I was disappointed that the only complimentary part of the breakfast was the contential part and you had to pay if you wanted hot items. Having some scrambled eggs and or bacon as part of the complimentary breakfast won't break the hotel chain and would make many more customers happy.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christy D
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I am not sure of the date of your stay, but wanted to let you know that in July we did introduce the A.M. Skillet breakfast that includes hot breakfast sandwiches and other additions. I hope that if you in the area in the future, you will take the opportunity to try the new offering.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Nice rooms, everything clean, not the friendliest place I ever stayed. Air conditioning is the old style that runs all the time and you cannot comfortably regulate. Update to thermostats Hyatt! I spent the majority of my evening jumping up and down trying to get the a/c set.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business