“Some Good, Some Not” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Some Good, Some Not”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Room was nice. The snack bar was great with beer/wine/liquor. Breakfast great. High quality food.
Parking is well lighted. But; bathroom is tiny, tub doesn't drain, gym is small with broken elements, and pool is sub-par.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank alfalfa549

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed here as I had a very early morning departure and wanted to be close to the airport instead of leaving at 2:30 AM for a flight. Hyatt is consistently a reliable and trustworthy property, no matter where it is. My experience with this property was mixed. The property is well maintained, in a convenient location adjacent to several restaurants (no restaurant at a Hyatt Place as this is not a full device hotel offering by design), friendly staff and the typical room furnishings.

Unfortunately my room wasn't cleaned very well by housekeeping. There was trash on the floor, food crumbs on the carpet and a toilet that wasn't up to par either. I can only guess that housekeeping hadn't finished because they were interrupted for some reason. It was late when I checked in so I didn't make a big deal of it however I did comment about it in an email survey post departure.

Within 24 hours of my response I was contacted via email by the GM for the property who offered a complete refund and an apology. Frankly that speaks well for Hyatt and is one of he many reasons I often stay in a Hyatt property. I should mention that this is the first and only time I have ever had an experience like this anywhere in the world in over 500 nights spent in a Hyatt property.

I'll keep staying in Hyatt hotels and consider this for what it was - an exception. I doubt this is a common experience in this property and will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank P K
North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

The room was very spacious, though the air conditioning was either too hot or too cold. Queen size beds would be perfect in a room of that size rather than the doubles that we had. Four adults sleeping in two doubles make for a tight fit. Pool was fine though nothing impressive, fitness facility spacious if you want to do floor work. I was disappointed that the only complimentary part of the breakfast was the contential part and you had to pay if you wanted hot items. Having some scrambled eggs and or bacon as part of the complimentary breakfast won't break the hotel chain and would make many more customers happy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Christy D
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I am not sure of the date of your stay, but wanted to let you know that in July we did introduce the A.M. Skillet breakfast that includes hot breakfast sandwiches and other additions. I hope that if you in the area in the future, you will take the opportunity to try the new offering.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Nice rooms, everything clean, not the friendliest place I ever stayed. Air conditioning is the old style that runs all the time and you cannot comfortably regulate. Update to thermostats Hyatt! I spent the majority of my evening jumping up and down trying to get the a/c set.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank D B
Winchester, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We've stayed here several times. It's close to the airport and light rail, and they let you use the parking lot at no charge when flying. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are suites and looking a bit old but are clean and bug-free. My main complaints are noise-related, the loud, throbbing air conditioners, unleashed children and rude noisy adults stumbling in at 3 a.m. Even with your AC turned off you can hear ones in other rooms pulsing. It's like trying to sleep in a moving car. At a good rate this is OK for an overnight stay but we'll be looking for better on our next trip to downtiwn Baltimore. EARPLUGS STRINGLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank waxtadpol
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and kind comments about our staff. I apologize for the noise issue and we are working hard to repair/replace noisy a/c units. I will also be sure to address the inconsistent housekeeping service as well. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.
Stoughton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stay in bwi often and this hotel has been my favorite out of the ones I've stayed at. The room is very spacious which was great for my two week stay. I could not take advantage of the breakfast everyday but I did go maybe 2-3 times. It is quite small compared to other continental breakfasts but everything I ate was delicious - ESP the pastries. They even gave me complimentary take out boxes for when I was in a hurry in the mornings. They had a nice heated indoor pool and a ruby Tuesday's right outside the hotel.

I would've given this hotel a 5/5 but I have to knock off points for minor complaints. For one, the AC is ridiculously loud. Thank god I am not the lightest sleeper because I probably would not have been able to sleep at all and it would've been impossible without having the AC on because of the constant heat wave while I was there. It is not just loud but unbelievable loud... quite annoying. Second, room service was really random. Some days they would not come, some days they came at 5 pm?? (I rejected because I was already back and expected it to be done in the morning/afternoon), and sometimes they'd make the bed and take all the used towels/bathroom products but didn't give me new ones so I was forced to go to the front desk and ask for towels and shampoo.

Regardless, great hotel with minor problems!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Everything was fine at this hotel which I will explain below but my issue is that there was a wet blood spot on the toilet seat and multiple long dark hairs through our room- mainly on bathroom floor and in our white sheets when we pulled covers down. Eww.

The lobby and rooms are nice enough but some touch ups would be good. The rooms have cute accents, multiple sinks, large desk granite counters with lots of space. But, the food we ordered was made by the front desk lady, once the driver got back.hmm?

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. It is disappointing to hear of the condition your room, this certainly is unacceptable and I apologize that this happened. I am happy to hear that the service was as expected and I hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Balti...
#13 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,287 reviews
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North
Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport
Wingate by Wyndham BWI Airport
#11 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,145 reviews

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!