“Just OK - Bring earplugs.”

Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Winchester, VA
“Just OK - Bring earplugs.”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We've stayed here several times. It's close to the airport and light rail, and they let you use the parking lot at no charge when flying. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are suites and looking a bit old but are clean and bug-free. My main complaints are noise-related, the loud, throbbing air conditioners, unleashed children and rude noisy adults stumbling in at 3 a.m. Even with your AC turned off you can hear ones in other rooms pulsing. It's like trying to sleep in a moving car. At a good rate this is OK for an overnight stay but we'll be looking for better on our next trip to downtiwn Baltimore. EARPLUGS STRINGLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank waxtadpol
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and kind comments about our staff. I apologize for the noise issue and we are working hard to repair/replace noisy a/c units. I will also be sure to address the inconsistent housekeeping service as well. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Stoughton, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stay in bwi often and this hotel has been my favorite out of the ones I've stayed at. The room is very spacious which was great for my two week stay. I could not take advantage of the breakfast everyday but I did go maybe 2-3 times. It is quite small compared to other continental breakfasts but everything I ate was delicious - ESP the pastries. They even gave me complimentary take out boxes for when I was in a hurry in the mornings. They had a nice heated indoor pool and a ruby Tuesday's right outside the hotel.

I would've given this hotel a 5/5 but I have to knock off points for minor complaints. For one, the AC is ridiculously loud. Thank god I am not the lightest sleeper because I probably would not have been able to sleep at all and it would've been impossible without having the AC on because of the constant heat wave while I was there. It is not just loud but unbelievable loud... quite annoying. Second, room service was really random. Some days they would not come, some days they came at 5 pm?? (I rejected because I was already back and expected it to be done in the morning/afternoon), and sometimes they'd make the bed and take all the used towels/bathroom products but didn't give me new ones so I was forced to go to the front desk and ask for towels and shampoo.

Regardless, great hotel with minor problems!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Everything was fine at this hotel which I will explain below but my issue is that there was a wet blood spot on the toilet seat and multiple long dark hairs through our room- mainly on bathroom floor and in our white sheets when we pulled covers down. Eww.

The lobby and rooms are nice enough but some touch ups would be good. The rooms have cute accents, multiple sinks, large desk granite counters with lots of space. But, the food we ordered was made by the front desk lady, once the driver got back.hmm?

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. It is disappointing to hear of the condition your room, this certainly is unacceptable and I apologize that this happened. I am happy to hear that the service was as expected and I hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 22, 2012

In terms of its look, layout, etc., this Hyatt Place conformed to the brand standards: my room was large, with a couch area, working desk, wet bar, large flat-screen TV, king-sized bed, etc. The room was clean and the bed, while not extremely comfortable, was just fine. However, the AC unit is one of the LOUDEST AC units I have ever encountered in a hotel room. Its noice, plus its location directly next to the bed, made for a fitful night's sleep, and I usually can sleep through anything! It really did make a racket. Also, the room had no lotion -- I think a bottle of body lotion is a pretty standard ammenity for hotels these days, so I wish this place had provided one.

Lobby was as-expected for a Hyatt Place. I had a very late arrival into BWI and slept through breakfast, so I didn't get a chance to experience the hotel's buffet. Service at the property was good: when I called for the shuttle, the phone was answered promptly, instructions on where to stand at the airport were clear, and the shuttle arrived quickly with a courteous driver. Check-in was easy upon arrival, and on the day of my departure the hotel kindly extended my check-out until 1p. So, well-done on the service front.

If the hotel could find a way to quiet down the AC units, it would be very good.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I apologize for the noisy A/C, it should have been addressed before the room was occupied. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.
Dagsboro, Delaware
Reviewed June 13, 2012

A large group of us spent a night in the Hyatt. We got 5 rooms and each family had young children. We spent time at the inner harbor and cought a phillies game while they were in town. We stayed at the Hyatt at BWI because of the rate, the pool, and the complimnetary continental breakfast. The place was very clean. There is a refridgerator in each room and a 7-11 across the street, We ordered Pizza at the pool and it was no problem. There is aslo a Ruby Tuesdays in the parking lot. Breakfast was ceral and friut- what you would expect. There is also a small bar that sells beer and wine at the front desk. It was a 10 min drive to get to downtown. I would stay here again while visiting baltimore becuase of the amenities and the parking is free, only takes a few mineuts to get downtown.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank paulyp64
Jekyll Island, Georgia
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Even though there are many newer hotels in this area, I always stay in this hotel whenever I fly to BWI in order to accrue Hyatt reward points that can later be redeemed at their more upscale properties. My most recent trip was the week of 21 May for 4 nights. I second all the comments made about the property's condition and I too, look forward to the improvements of an expanded breakfast menu and remodeled bathrooms. I really don't think it's just the hotel condition that brings this hotel down, it's some of it's employees. Staying more than a few nights, you can really tell the difference when the shifts change and different employees come on duty. For example, one morning the breakfast area was a mess and not all the food was put out. The next morning a different person was on duty, greeting guests as they came in, and everything was clean, a big pot of oatmeal was prepared, etc. etc. all several minutes before their official breakfast time of 6am. I complained my first morning about not getting a paper when all the other rooms on my floor had them. There were two people at the desk. One immediately asked me if I was a Gold Passport member. I'm a Platinum member, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it -- that's an amenity that is advertised. The other person said they could go acquire me a paper (I was thinking - who's room would they take it from???). On the plus side, my room was always cleaned by the time I returned at the end of the day, I had plenty of fresh towels every day and check in and check out are a breeze. Keep up the good work Hyatt, but please update this property or you are going to start losing customers. There's too many better choices in the immediate area and now just right down the Beltway next to Arundel Mills Mall.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cathyd
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I will be sure they are reviewed with the staff and take the steps to correct them. We will be implementing the new breakfast shortly and have other projects beginning to keep the property in shape.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Was only there for one night, but found it to be comfortable & a good value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Jess H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will be returning soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Balti...
#12 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,318 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Baltimore - BWI Airport North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bal...
#22 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!