“Great Customer service!”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Enfield, NH
“Great Customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

Nicely appointed, clean room, fast, friendly service.. would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Arvada, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

This is a nice hotel at a good rate. There is a good breakfast included with cereals, fruit, toast, bagels, juices. I've stayed here a couple times for business and the room has a 42" HDTV, sofa, desk, and mini-fridge. The area around the hotel is good. It is on hotel row at BWI. There is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant in the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

This is a great hotel. Staff is super helpful, attentive. Free Wifi, Free Breakfast, Free Airport Shuttle and free computer usage in lobby. Rooms were very clean, hotel was very clean. Very modern, huge comfortable rooms. Its a bit far from downtown but take shuttlr to airport and catch the train at airport and go directly to downtown. I love this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
pittsburgh pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

Great location, very clean and staff very friendly. We stayed there prior to a Carnival cruise. Hotel is approx. 15 mins from the port of Baltimore. We would highly reccomend as you are able to leave your car parked there if you prefer and either take a cab or the hotel shuttle to the port. They had a good continental breakfast in the morning . Great hotel at a fair price.

Room Tip: All rooms are large.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank razayes
tclapsaddle, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
I want to thank you for your kind words regarding my hotel. I also want to thank you for shouting this out via Trip Advisor. We look forward to your return as well as all of your friends & family members.

Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

My family stayed at the Hyatt Place Lithicum over the Easter weekend, 2011. We were attending a volleyball tournament at the Convention Center in Baltimore near the Inner Harbor. I was a little concerned about the distance to travel each day into the city but the "Light Rail" has a stop close to the hotel and the rail takes you right to the Convention Center for only $3.20. This is much less expensive than parking in the city.

Reservations and check in went fine. But, it looked like our room was partially just used. I went down to the desk to find out what was going on. As I was downstairs a young lady was able to open the door to our room while my wife was inside and said, "I'm sorry. The front desk gave me the wrong key and I took a shower in your bathroom. Here are your towels." She tried to give her used towels back to my wife! The front desk explained there was a mix up and it had been corrected. That is one HECK of a mess up! Could you imagine someone else having a card key to your room. This could have been a bad situation if that card was in the wrong hands.

Other than that the room was okay. The decor is VERY dated. Our room had worn gold carpeting, the bathroom door was worn and the couch was stained. The desk was wobbly to the point of almost being unsafe. The "footprint" of the hotel is fine. But, it is past time to redecorate the rooms. The positive of the room were the things that have been replaced. The bed was comfortable and there was a new 42" HDTV. There is free wireless internet but it was very slow. I could check email but could not watch a baseball game on MLBV.

Breakfast is a JOKE. They should not even advertise that it is breakfast. There were different kinds of bread, cereal, some fruit and yogurt. The coffee was possibly the worst I have ever tasted. There is a Bob Evan's and Ruby Tuesday nearby. We went to Bob Evan's for breakfast one morning (as did most of the other guests I believe judging by the wait!) and the food was pretty good.

I put this hotel as average but I just can't recommend it until the rooms are redecorated. We paid $129 per night and that is way too much for a dated room. There are other (newer) hotels nearby. When we return to Baltimore next year I will try one of those instead of the Hyatt Place.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NJ2Virginia
I wanted to thank you for comments regarding my hotel. Some hotels do not want to hear about when they do not meet their guests expectations. We do!
I am sorry that we failed to take care of you during your stay.
I promise that the opportunities that you brought up will be addressed.
I do hope that you give us another chance to take care of you in the future!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

This hotel has major issues...
First, and most alarming, was that nobody was working the desk when I arrived to check in at 1am. And by nobody, I mean nobody at all working anywhere in the hotel. After searching the hallways and other spaces of the first floor, I found no one and had no way to check in. The automated kiosks did not work. Calling the hotel's phone did nothing but cause the phone to ring right in front of me unanswered. Calling the main Hyatt reservations number gained me a little sympathy, but nothing more since there was nothing that could be done from their location. After hanging around the lobby for about 20 minutes the missing employee finally did show up to check me in. Where she had been is anybody's guess. This was the last thing I needed at one in the morning when I had to be up at five.
Besides that, the hotel had other problems. The TV channels were so fuzzy that you could hardly tell what was on, the bathroom sink did not drain so that I had to move mid-shave to the wet bar sink after it was literally about to overflow, and the sheets were like sandpaper. Had this room been at a Motel 6, it wouldn't have been so bad, but for a place with the Hyatt name it was unacceptable.
There are many other hotels in the area, so do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank frank3355
tclapsaddle, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
I have taken the appropriate corrective actions to ensure that all of my guests receive the same level of High Quality service 24 hours per day.

North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

Family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teens) stayed at the Hyatt Place in March, 2011 on a quick weekend trip to Baltimore's Inner Harbor. We've done this trip before, usually stay at another hotel closeby to The Hyatt but saw the Hyatt Place had the "living room" feature which helps with kids PLUS it was $15 cheaper/night.

Parking was no issue, check in was a breeze. I was helped by a woman named Lakeisha? Gosh, I can't remember her name but she was a beautiful woman with a warm smile and you'll know her if you see her. So professional and personable. She asked if we'd ever stayed at a Hyatt before and quickly and thoroughly told us of the hotel's ammenities and offered any help throughout our stay if we needed anything.

The lobby was clean, warm and welcoming. The corridors and elevators were the same. No musty odors or funky smells except some guy who boarded the elevator with a stack of pizzas and man did it smell good forever!

Our room was fine too. I'd say everything worked except our shower was slow to drain. Didn't mess up our trip so I didn't mention it until we checked out two days later. I found two big hairballs at the vanity area. It's a place you'd expect to find hair but it was still a bit creepy. There was some long black hairs on the bathroom floor too. I used the hair dryer and blew them to behind the toilet and they were never cleaned up by housekeeping. Creepy. Creepy enough not to stay here again? Naw. The place was nice, roomy and we really had no issues so we'll be staying there again next time.

Food: We nibbled at the continental breakfast downstairs each morning. Not a big variety but this hotel offers a casual menu service for an additional price (we didn't use it) AND a cafe area that has dee-licious "mini bunts" (chocolate cakes with chocolate icing - really yummy) and service with a smile ... again Lakeisha.

Didn't use the indoor pool or the fitness area but my husband did take the kids and said it was nice.

Check out was a breeze. For some reason we, and other customers I overheard, didn't get the express check-out under our door so we had to use the front desk. No issues there though - Lakeisha was there to help us out and wish us a nice day.

We used to live in Baltimore so we know the area well. Whenever we visit, we usually look at the Inner Harbor hotels, get ticket shock and stay in the BWI airport area. It's only about 15 minutes to the Harbor Place, not really a big deal to us. It's a nice area, and you can save some $$. Can't speak for the airport shuttles because we've never used them.

I rec'd a survey in my e-mail for my hotel stay. I commented on the hairballs I found and Mr. Clapsaddle wrote me an e-mail, apologizing for anything that may have detracted from my stay. I thought that was nice and thoughtful, considering this day of customer NO-SERVICE we are always bombarded with. I like that someone actually reads the feedback their customers leave. He didn't have to apologize though, because we'll stay there again and I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Check online for specials and use your AAA card!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words about me. Looking forward to your return here to my hotel!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baltimore - BWI Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Balti...
#12 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,305 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Baltimore - BWI Airport North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bal...
#24 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites

Been to Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!