“Great value, and customer service that far exceeded expectations”

Holiday Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Dallas, TX
“Great value, and customer service that far exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

On our family trip to Washington DC last week, we had a late flight into Baltimore and just needed a place to stay for one night before heading into DC the following day. As it turns out, we ended up wishing we could have transported this hotel to DC so we could have stayed in it for our entire trip. It was very clean, quiet, and convenient to the airport. Great in-room WiFi too. But the thing that really impressed us was their customer service. I called them from the airport to ask them to send a shuttle over to pick us up. The shuttle arrived in about five minutes and we were on way. Much to my surprise, when we got to the hotel, all of our paperwork was already printed out and waiting for us on the counter. The Guest Service Manager, who had taken my call, had made a note of my name when I briefly mentioned it, and had proactively prepared everything for our arrival. We were checked in less than two minutes after walking in the front door. Very impressive for a hotel at this price point.

The free continental breakfast the next morning was typical. Lots of choices: fresh fruit, eggs and bacon, waffles, muffins, bagels, toast, and cereal. Can't comment on the quality of the coffee because I don't drink it.

After we checked out, we needed a way to store our bags because we were heading over to see the Orioles game at 1:00 that afternoon. The hotel staff stored our bags in a secure room at no extra charge. Even after we had already checked out, we were told that we could continue to use the free shuttle, which was very helpful because we needed a ride to the light rail station to catch a train to the game. They dropped us off at the rail station, picked us up there after we got back from the game, took us to pick up our bags at the hotel (where we were again welcomed back by the same Guest Service Manager), and then shuttled us back to the commuter train station so we could catch our train to DC. Again, they provided all of this service for us without charge, even after we had checked out after staying there only one night.

We travel quite a bit and stay in a lot of hotels, and this is the first time I've ever taken the time to write a review on one. I work at a major airline, and I'll definitely be spreading the word to my coworkers about this place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cumberland, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2009

Everything about our stay was wonderful. The front desk staff people were so helpful....giving directions, helping us secure an extra night's accommodations, and answering tons of questions. The breakfast provided was very nice, and the shuttle service to the airport was great. We'll stay again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

I have to agree with the first writer. The hotel management is the worst when it comes to solving problems. i've never been treated so rudely by any hotel management before ever and would strongly suggest that people who stay there be aware of the management. On May, 20th, I was there traveling with 33 other people, including 25 middle school students. Our acct.. had been pretty much depleted with the hotel taking out the full amount PLUS what they called incidentals on the 5 rooms that were rented for 3 nights, upon our arrival. I told him that all of our money was tied to that acct. and we were going to be broke "our entourage", for the whole trip. I was devasted. He simply laughed sarcasticly, offered no solutions and said threatened that we could be locked out of the rooms. Can you imagine that after traveling all the way from Texas. Mind you I did not have a problem for him to take a check at that time, call the bank for a hold on the amount for the days due or whatever. He continued to mock and taunt me until I arranged for the 2 men, in our group to come in his office. We called the bank to make arrangement for the hold at our request b/c he certainly wasn't going to offer us any suggestions at all. He was totally unsympathetic and rude. I will never ever make a recommendation for this hotel. His staff also seemed very robotic, intimidated and unhappy. I can see why. He was awful! I do believe his name was Rick, tall Nordic looking.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Texaslady53
Hague, VA.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

On April 19, 2009, my husband and I checked into the Comfort Inn & Suites at Linthicum Heights, Maryland for a two night stay. We awoke the morning after our first night's stay to find some redness on our arms; however, not enough to be overly concerned. Little did we know at that time that we had been attacked by some type of bed bugs that had caused the redness. Because of our uneasiness about the cleanliness of the bed covering, we purchased a sleeping bag to be used on our second night stay. The following morning, to our amazement, the redness had progressed to large infectious spots on both of our arms that were painful and itching. During checkout, we approached the attendant at the desk, showed him our arms and asked to be contacted by the manager. The attendant was quite shocked and concerned at what he saw and insured us that the manager would be made aware of our dilemma and our refund request. While we were waiting to be contacted by the manager, my spouse and I made an immediate visit to a local dermatologist who revealed that we had been bitten by bed bugs. as the unresolved issue continued, it became more pathetic and less congenial. However, to bring closure to this review, it became necessary for us to initiate an additional contact with Choice Hotels International Headquarters which apparently prodded the manager to contact us. Our initial contact with the local assistant manager made it clear that he had no authority to refund our money and he did refer our request to the manager, Rick Haoani, who, eventually called, but was very rude and loud during the conversation. He informed us that we were lying and that he had difficulty with "all of it." After a lengthy conversation, he agreed to refund the two nights stay; however, as of this review, he has not done so. We will see this case through to the end and not give in to his billigerency. This hotel stay has been the most devastating experience that I have ever encountered, and it is for this reaon that I am sharing my experience with others in hope that it does not happen to anyone else or us again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Disappointed060
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

The room was very spacious, two queen beds with a sitting area. Bathroom was huge, large sink area. Wireless internet, a plus.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Washington, DC Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2009

I needed a hotel near the Baltimore Airport Railstation after my flight from the New York Area to DC was cancelled, forcing me to take a late Amtrak to BWI. Based on tripadvisor reviews (at the time I booked this hotel was rated #2) and the price ($80.00 for a king suite) I decided to stay at the comfort suites bwi. I'm glad I did. Firstly, the staff was really helpful. I didn't have to wait long for the free shuttle to & fro the railstation and the front desk was really nice and personable. I stayed on the second floor, and while the view wasn't the best (windows faced parking lot) my room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The business center's internet was quick & reliable (and free) and the fitness room equipment was fine. I was impressed by the range of offerings at the free breakfast--which tend to be sparce at limited-service hotels like Comfort Suites. All in all, a good stay and I will consider making the Comfort Suites my go-to hotel should I need to be by the BWI railstation or airport in the future.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Northumberland, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2009

Stayed here one night with family, 2-6-09 for early morning flight. We found the rooms very reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. Hotel staff including the shuttle driver, were very friendly and helpful. Was also able to leave car in hotel parking lot with no problem upon return. Shuttle bus to airport was readily available and picked us up within a few minutes upon return. We will stay here everytime we fly out of Baltimore.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family