On our family trip to Washington DC last week, we had a late flight into Baltimore and just needed a place to stay for one night before heading into DC the following day. As it turns out, we ended up wishing we could have transported this hotel to DC so we could have stayed in it for our entire trip. It was very clean, quiet, and convenient to the airport. Great in-room WiFi too. But the thing that really impressed us was their customer service. I called them from the airport to ask them to send a shuttle over to pick us up. The shuttle arrived in about five minutes and we were on way. Much to my surprise, when we got to the hotel, all of our paperwork was already printed out and waiting for us on the counter. The Guest Service Manager, who had taken my call, had made a note of my name when I briefly mentioned it, and had proactively prepared everything for our arrival. We were checked in less than two minutes after walking in the front door. Very impressive for a hotel at this price point.
The free continental breakfast the next morning was typical. Lots of choices: fresh fruit, eggs and bacon, waffles, muffins, bagels, toast, and cereal. Can't comment on the quality of the coffee because I don't drink it.
After we checked out, we needed a way to store our bags because we were heading over to see the Orioles game at 1:00 that afternoon. The hotel staff stored our bags in a secure room at no extra charge. Even after we had already checked out, we were told that we could continue to use the free shuttle, which was very helpful because we needed a ride to the light rail station to catch a train to the game. They dropped us off at the rail station, picked us up there after we got back from the game, took us to pick up our bags at the hotel (where we were again welcomed back by the same Guest Service Manager), and then shuttled us back to the commuter train station so we could catch our train to DC. Again, they provided all of this service for us without charge, even after we had checked out after staying there only one night.
We travel quite a bit and stay in a lot of hotels, and this is the first time I've ever taken the time to write a review on one. I work at a major airline, and I'll definitely be spreading the word to my coworkers about this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 1.2 miles from Baltimore Washington Thurgood Marshall International Airport. The Holiday Inn BWI Airport hotel is your Baltimore suburban gateway location for getting around the Baltimore and Washington, DC areas. Business and leisure travelers alike can experience the convenience of our BWI Business District location on the corner of West Nursery and Elkridge Landing Road. We are the closest IHG hotel to the BWI Airport and offer a 24-hour complimentary Airport, Amtrak, Marc and Lite Rail shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, IHG, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn BWI Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Bwi Airport Hotel Linthicum
- Bwi Airport Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Linthicum Heights
- Linthicum Heights Comfort Suites