“Great Service”

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Caeur D Alene
“Great Service”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

My flight was cancelled so I had to stay over night, I did not have any luggage and was having a pretty bad trip.

The staff here made it all OK. Wonderful service. Heather R in the reception was truly special. It was busy and people seemed to be very inpatient, she kept it together and kept smiling. Helped me with toiletreys and was sure to get me everything I needed to make me feel at home.

I came down to the lobby later where I was helped with some hot water and tee. Great experience. Felt at home.

The restaurant area was very nice, business longe like feel to it.

Very clean, spacious rooms and the bathroom was comfortably spacious which is not common.

Beds, bedding and pillows just right for long trip.

Jaime

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Grace S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
We are very pleased that we were able to turn your bad trip around with great service, a smile and the amenities we have to offer. Thank you for your kind words and for mentioning the wonderful service provided by Heather at the front desk, she is a pleasure to work with. Please be sure to stay with us during your next visit to the Baltimore Airport area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, especially in the dining room and lounge. Clean, well-appointed rooms. Great location convenient to local sites and attractions. Dining room / Room Service offers variety at very reasonable prices.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion of our hotel. Thank you for noting the friendliness of our team, cleanliness and convenience of our location.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Baltimore area!

Morrisdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here one night. However, we booked through orbitz and was unaware of the additional cost for parking. This hotel charges an additional $6 per day parking if you want to leave your car while you fly elsewhere. The staff were extremely accommodating and professional and the room exceeded my expectations. The shuttle drivers were very knowledgeable about the area and were more than happy to make a recommendation for dinner. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that our guest rooms exceeded your expectations and you found our team to be extremely accommodating and professional. Our goal is to provide the best service to every guest, every day! Be sure to ask for our Park Stay and Go package the next time you have the need for extended parking, our package includes up to 7 days parking in your room rate.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Baltimore area!

Tuftonboro, NH
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel has some positives, but these are overshadowed by lack of considerations for guests, most Holiday Inns I have stayed at offer a free breakfast for example. particularly for platinum elite members. When I asked about considerations, I was told I could either have 500 points, a bottle of water and some trail mix or a free drink. I chose the free drink and found when I got to the bar it isn't a "free drink" it is a free beer or wine. These people running this place put the cheap in cheap. The kicker was breakfast, as I said, there is nothing free, so I decided to order from the menu, I had eggs benedict. They looked nice, but when I cut ito one I found the "Canadian bacon" was some type of shaved ham, never seen anything like it, could have read a paper through it. The point here is these people are doing everything they can to increase profits at expense of guests. The eggs were $10, I would have happily paid $11 to have real Canadian bacon, I suspect they would gladly have taken the dollar and shaved it a touch thinner. It is a shame, the bathrooms were large, the rooms were clean if slightly dated, a change in attitude here would go a long way

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience experienced. We do not offer complimentary breakfast however; we do have a breakfast package that includes our hot buffet for up to 2 guests per day. I have shared your comments with my front desk team to ensure we do better explaining our IHG Rewards check-in amenity options clearly. We value our Platinum members as you are our most loyal guests; we want you to be 100% satisfied! I have informed our food and beverage team of your comments in regards to the Canadian bacon to see if there is a better quality option we should consider.

We appreciate your feedback and will consider your comments to make improvements in the appropriate areas. We hope this experience does not sway your opinion of our hotel or the Holiday Inn Brand. We would love to welcome you back if you would consider giving us another chance. If there is anything I can do to make this right for you please do not hesitate to contact me.

San Mateo, California
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I did a last minute booking at this hotel through Hotels.com to go to a family funeral. In my haste When we showed up at 11:30 pm on the 2nd to check in after a long day of travel my name did not show up. I had made a mistake and booked for July 4-6 instead of 2-5. CJ at the Holiday Inn front desk explained that because this booking was done at Hotels.com they would have to be contacted to straighten up the mixup. He contacted them for me and listened as their customer service rep proceeded to tell me that I would have to pay a penalty of an extra night's stay. He got on the phone with them and went to great lengths to get them to simply shift the reservation forward with no penalty. When he had finally convinced Hotels.com to do this, CJ apologized to us (even though he had nothing to apologize for) and gave us a very nice room. He went way above and beyond to help us out. We really appreciate his efforts and those of the rest of the staff to make our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your “Excellent Customer Service” experience with us! We are happy to hear that CJ played a major part in making your stay enjoyable by going “way above and beyond” to assist you. We appreciate your kind words.

Please be sure to stay with us when traveling to the Baltimore area.

UNIONTOWN, OH
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This hotel was not far from the BWI airport. The hotel appeared to be remodeled recently and was very clean. The room was large, had a flat screen TV and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel had a large parking lot and there was no charge for parking unlike the hotels downtown. The staff was friendly. There are multiple restaurants not far from the hotel. There is a large outlet mall, movie theater and casino which are also not far from the hotel. There is a charge for breakfast since it is not an Express; I didn't have time to try it. The hotel was reasonably priced. I found the hotel was much less expensive than staying downtown Baltimore and it really wasn't a very far drive to get to downtown but I had to deal with traffic. The hotel had a shuttle but I did not use it since I had rented a car.

Room Tip: Although my room faced the road, I did not have a problem with street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank FENTON64
Salisbury
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was our first time for staying at the Holiday Inn BWI Airport and we were very pleasantly surprised. We were warmly greeted and checked in very quickly. Our surprise came when we entered our room.....it was very spacious, with a sitting area where we enjoyed a very comfortable sofa. Our bathroom was also very spacious....which we love. And, both rooms were spotless! Kudos to the housekeeping staff! We went to the dining (breakfast) room for dinner and our waitserver was Christina, who used to work at Four Points Sheraton (where we always stayed going in and out of BWI, but it closed). We had a wonderful talk and she told us other former Sheraton workers are employed here, too. She is a superb server! Our food was delicious.....yummy crab dip and fish and chips. When it's late in the evening, we like to eat lighter; they do offer full entrees. We like to relax in the evenings and feel that if a partial wall was erected between the end of the bar area to make it into a lounge and leave the other area for a dining room it would be more cozy. But, they weren't busy in the dining room that night, so it was not a problem. We would not hesitate to stay here again and highly recommend it to others. And, the bed was sooooo comfortable! We hated to get up the next morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Grace S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Travelexplorer27,

We very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you for the kudos to our housekeeping team, they work hard to ensure all rooms are “guest ready” everyday. We truly appreciate all they do. Christina is definitely a pleasure to have on our team, thank you for sharing how your service experience with her was “superb”. I agree the food in our Elevations restaurant is delicious! Many of our guests truly enjoy or chef’s creations. Thank you for the suggestion to making our bar cozier; we will keep that in mind when looking to make upgrades to our property.
Please be sure to stay with us during your next trip to the Baltimore area. We look forward to welcoming you back!