“Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn BWI Airport
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

When we arrived we were a little thrown back by how shady the place looked due to remodling walked in the temporary entrance no carpet floors all torn up but we rounded the corner WOW! Looked like a very highscale hotel bright an welcoming just like the staff. Our room was so nice super comfy bed, homey feeling, very clean. To add to it all there was a shuttle service free of charge that took us to the light rail and picked us up minutes after calling to say we were back. Overall fantastic stay lots of stuff to do pretty locally lots of great choices for dinner delivery and in walking distance definitely reccomend! I want to add two employees unfortunately cant remember either name but a young women running the front desk friday and saturday morning very friendly and helpful! And the older gentelmen driving the shuttle friday evening was so personable, friendly and gave us many suggestions on how to spend our last day in baltimore. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
I was so happy to hear about your experience! We are nearing completion(next week) and very excited for everyone to see! I know exactly which employees you are referring to and shared your comments with everyone.

Thank you again and hope to see you again soon!

Stacey Schuhardt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is still under construction. It's a roundabout way to get to the front desk but the staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is limited due to the remodeling. Rooms are large and completed. This will be a Holiday Inn sometime in mid-May.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacey S, General Manager at Holiday Inn BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience on line. During a time of renovations we are thankful for our guests who stay with us and appreciate any comments with regard to your stay.

Please come back to see us after we are a brand new hotel!

Severna Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

After being less than satisfied @ a nearby high end hotel, my family & I moved to this hotel. We found it to be very comfortable and there is an overall feeling of comfort at this hotel. All of the staff as well as the contractors are very friendly & helpful in every way. Although the hotel is currently under renovation all the rooms are completely done. The rooms are spacious and very accommodating. The beds & pillows are tremendously comfortable and make for a great night's sleep. The hotel we moved from makes a claim of having "heavenly beds." The comfort of these beds equalled their beds and the rate was at least $40 less per night. This is the place to stay to have comfort and quality at a great price! My experience at this hotel will surely cause me to stay at more Comfort Suites in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

I am so happy to hear that our staff and the construction crew made an impact on your stay! I was so excited to show them this review and make them smile! It was very kind of you to mention all of the comforts you enjoyed to other readers. I can't thank our guests enough for staying with us during our renovations and am truly touched by your comments.

We hope you will stop by again!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

An unexpected oasis, in the hotel jungle that is the BWI Airport area. After seeing all of the negative reviews for this hotel here, I was slightly concerned when booking a room at the hotel. To those who are reading this review, please note the date of the older reviews - things have changed significantly, it appears.

The hotel is currently undergoing major renovation work, which explains my much higher rating than the majority of folks who have stayed in the past. The rooms look fantastic - nothing like what you would expect from a Comfort Suites, and much more like what you would expect from a Marriott or Hilton property in the area. Meaning, it's updated, looks/feels clean, and is somewhere you would want to return for the evening. My girlfriend and I did not have the opportunity to indulge in their free continental breakfast, so cannot comment on the quality of that product.

Notable positive is the shuttle service to/from BWI Airport. You have to call to be picked up at BWI (they can only stop in 2 locations on the arrivals level, due to BWI Airport being a [--], so this can be inconvenient, but is not their fault). The shuttle runs on demand, meaning it was waiting when we called to be picked up at the airport, and we left 5 seconds after we asked to be taken back to the airport. Quick (5 minute) ride to/from the airport.

Also, WiFi is free, and speedy (which is rather uncommon).

Usually budget hotels don't get 5 stars, but for the price and value, you can't do much better in the BWI Airport area, especially if you get to the hotel after all of the renovations are done.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

I was so excited to share your review with our staff! You made a lot of hard working people smile. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience some of our new renovations. We will soon have a full restaurant and lounge for you to come back to and enjoy an evening right here at the hotel.

We hope to see you again!

Sicklerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend trip, April 20th to the 21st. Overall, it was a great place, and I will definitely go back. Before booking the hotel, I read the reviews, so I knew about the renovations. On their website, they said the renovations would end on April 15th, so I had high expectations, and was a little nervous when I walked in and saw the lobby still in pieces. The man behind the desk was very nice and told me that all of the rooms and floors were done; they were just still working on the common areas. We were placed on the third floor and it as wonderful. It smelled clean and looked great. The room itself was amazing, especially for the price. It was $69.99 for the night, and the room had a king bed and a pull-out couch. It was also a much larger space than I expected. I looked at other hotels in the area and they wanted more money for less space and a smaller bed. It was overall a very comfortable room, including the atmosphere. I felt very relaxed for my whole stay. I would also like to find out where to get some of their pillows. They were the most comfortable pillows I've ever slept on! The free breakfast was lacking a bit, but that's understandable since their eating-area was being renovated at the time. I've stayed at a Comfort Suites before, so I expected certain breakfast items that were not available. I'm sure it won't stay that way much longer, if they haven't already finished the renovations by now. The location was very convenient as well. I was visiting the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. This hotel was about 10-15 minutes away and a lot less expensive than staying directly in the city. Overall, it was great; great room, great service, great location. I will be returning to this hotel any time I'm visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Laura,

I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us and see some of the renovations as we move closer to completion. I am truly sorry that breakfast was not yet back to it's normal offering but thank you for your understanding. We are about two weeks away from completion and are very excited!

We hope you come back to see us and get a chance to enjoy our new hotel!

Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Let me first say that I often stay at this property when flying thru BWI. I knew it was under major reno in the lobby and breakfast area. They are not kidding. But staff did a marvelous job of keeping disruptions to a minimum. Work is done long before guests need to sleep so there was no noise related to the workers. The breakfast is much less than normal as they were serving it out of a guest room at the time of my stay. Rooms have all been re-done and are very modern and functional. Most importantly, I will mention that the reason for the reno is that as of mid-May, it will become a Holiday Inn property. I am sad to see this change as I tend to be brand-loyal so I can achieve/maintain status.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Gilbert,

Thank you for sharing your very nice comments about the staff and renovations. We are trying to make all of our guests feel at home and welcome during our renovations. It was kind of you to mention. As you try to stay brand loyal, I understand, but we would love to have you come back and stay with us and see the beautiful new hotel!

Best Regards,
Perkasie, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We recently stayed here while attending two sporting events at the Naval Academy in Annapolis. We did not know about the renovation going on. That being said, it did not affect our stay at all. We arrived pretty late Saturday night. Our room was very nice and comfortable. We actually had 5 people in our room and still had plenty of room, the pull out sofa bed was comfortable.

The breakfast area is apparently being renovated and it has been moved to an extremely small room by the elevators. It was well stocked and the staff was very attentive.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you need a suite for a 5th person. Don't let the renovations scare you away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay! Yes, our breakfast area is under renovations currently and it is limited. We will be complete in mid-May with a new restaurant area and lobby. I am so happy you and your guests enjoyed our new very spacious rooms and that our staff was friendly and attentive during your stay.

We hope you will come back to us and see the hotel once it is finished!